[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

What auras are best for flame sentinels?
I use Anger + Haste with Generosity gem, and Discipline in Prism Guardian.
For curses I use Elemental Weakness and Flamability. (not fully convinced on Flamability tho).
For weapon I think Aurumvorax is better then Mon'Tregul. It helps alot with resistances on gear and it allows you to drop Purity of Elements.
Also, not mentioned in guide but for chest go for Vis Mortis, one more spectre is huge dps boost.
Last edited by ithanium2 on Dec 24, 2015, 8:16:35 AM
I think evangelists and spectres in general are useless! Efter the instance wide timers on mob abilities was introduced in 2.1.
How can I get +2 linked minion gems in rare helmer? The recept is for magic only as I know.
To add some survivability to self, try using Eclipse solaris crystal wand from 45, and switch into mon'tregul's at 68. helps dealing with a lot of melee hits.

As of spectre choice, i'm using blackguard arc-mage+echo+faster casting+minion damage(+added lightning(+lightning pen.)),
with firestorm+CoH+Elemental weakness->Elemental equilibrium.
Still testing offensive auras.
Rating arc-mages 7/10 clear speed. weak against bosses tho.

Also, very great and detailed guide! :)
I got 2 questions about the build (sorry about my english, im from Brazil).

FIRST:

haste + vaal haste, is acummulative effect?

SECOND:

Can i use:

For evangelists,

4linked: haste>discipline>purity of ellements>generosity?
It will be viable?

Thank you for the build, loving it.

I cant recommend this Guide... its super confusing & Misleading.
I just reached Act3 (Merciless / Szepter of God) and i cleared it up and down...
Cant find the Reverent Specters he is talking about.

Only Reverent i could find are the Spiders from Act4.

Also its very Item dependend, without the Unique Shield you dont even need to start this.
Zombies are very slow (and stupid)...once you get Bosses with AE, they melt like Snowballs in Hell.

Quite disappointed in this.
"
Knopperz wrote:
I just reached Act3 (Merciless / Szepter of God) and i cleared it up and down...

Also its very Item dependent, without the Unique Shield you dont even need to start this.
Zombies are very slow (and stupid)...once you get Bosses with AE, they melt like Snowballs in Hell.

Well the reason you cant find the Spiders in act 3 is because they aren't in act 3.... As you've discovered they are only in act 4 so when your desecrate skill exceeds the level those mobs start spawning you should find the corpses in it the Desecrate gem!

As for confusing? you should've seen this build in 1.3, that was confusing. swapping gems in out in out....

Gear Dependent? Maybe.... the shield is pretty dope...

Its solid build that has carried me through to lvl 84 on HC before i miserably died in a blaze of glory!
My Youtube channel! Path of Exile bits and pieces!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGfyRQ8fKN8-NxC-s_urqA
"
fight4anarchy wrote:
As for confusing? you should've seen this build in 1.3, that was confusing. swapping gems in out in out...

With confusing i ment your mixing up with the Evangelist / Reverent Parts of your guide.
Imho you can remove Evangelists completly from this, they got nerfed badly a long time ago and they do almost no damage anymore. The Arch Mages from Act3 are a pretty good replacement with your (Lightning) Setup. Those Mobs from the Mines / Act4 who put this White DoT on the Ground work well too. I dunno what kind of damage that it though.

I was looking for a cool Summoner Build, but somwhow i am completly underwhelmed.
Its not your fault, i dont blame you... but GGG should really adress the Summoners.
"
Knopperz wrote:

Also its very Item dependend, without the Unique Shield you dont even need to start this.

Knopperz, I'm not sure why you are having problems with this guide. I am a new player myself and haven't done any trading (and don't have any masters at 8 yet to buy e.g. Bones of ullr) so I don't have ANY of the unique gear listed. My zombies still survive quite well in merciless (granted I've not ventured into the beast yet, decided to go mapping and try and get some more chaos res before proceeding). I play both duo (with a ranger) and solo.

I have my zombies in a 4L (+ minion dmg, multistrike and fortify). No quality on my zombie gem yet (it's level 19, so "soon" I can vendor a 20% one). I think the only time I lost zombies was on Daresso.

Maybe you need to be a bit more flexible with how you apply information from guides. As I don't have the gear I changed things around a bit, and tested different spectre types. Right now I'm running:

Flame sentinel spectres (from the laboratory) in a 4L (+ minion dmg, spell echo, LMP) because the noise the revenants make drive me bonkers. They are sitting in a +2 minion gem helm at the moment instead of the zombies as it is an ursine pelt and I've had problems rolling red sockets on it.

Anger and Haste auras linked with Generosity, and Purity of Elements separate.

Ball lightning in a 4L for curse on hit with enfeeble and temporal chains. (I started with a defensive combo here before finding the guide, and I stuck with it because it works for now.)

The shield looks amazing and I am chancing every archon kite shield I can find, I just don't find many of them ;)
Last edited by Liguar on Dec 31, 2015, 2:42:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info