A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

This is one of the Keystone changes we'll be trying out in the Beta soon:

Edit: I suppose I should note this character has Eldritch Battery. Her Energy Shield is now paid before mana.

Edit edit: All the usual effects on Energy Shield will still apply to this ES - Recovery delay, Ghost Reaver, Zealot's Oath, etc. You'll not have any more base mana than you would have had prior to taking the keystone, though. Damage won't interrupt ES recovery any more, only losing mana or ES will.

Edit edit edit: Stun avoidance will no longer apply. Arctic Armour will still drain mana, ignoring Energy Shield, as will Mind over Matter. You can't reserve energy shield, so you'll just reserve the mana underneath.
Edit by Mark: Mind over Matter doesn't take from mana like AA, it damages it, which would be protected by ES in this case, since damage is what ES protects from.

More background: This change has an interesting history; I suggested it offhand as a strange idea, but it solved a few key factors we were investigating, like AA/MoM defense being too high for too low a cost, so it was decided to go ahead and try it out. It's quite likely we'll see other changes to the kesytone as testing progresses, but because it's such a big change to one of the most popular Kesytones, any sweeping change won't be made without testing the waters carefully. The change isn't intended to 'kill' any mechanics, but will give us the opportunity to reassess some. Edit: Like the mana drain amount or mechanic on Arctic Armour

Edit: Thanks for your thoughts, everyone! The team will definitely be discussing it on Monday, and we'll keep you abreast of changes as they're made. Keep your concerns and suggestions coming.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 17, 2015, 11:57:05 PM
OH MY

OH MY

Spoiler
is that the ES filler?

Does it come with mechanical changes? if it is what i think it is that is \o

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : ooh did not read the "keystone change" part to be honest. i am intrigued. Good job you little star.

Rory bringing in the hype.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Apr 17, 2015, 8:01:42 PM
It looks interesting to say the least. Would like to see more, I assume it is just a graphic change based on if you get eldritch battery?
Last edited by Dradar on Apr 17, 2015, 8:01:09 PM
I think we need some more info on what it actually does first! Does it base your ES off your mana, let you spend ES to pay costs, is it just a QoL change that moves your ES over there, ...?
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Apr 17, 2015, 8:01:20 PM
protect that mana!
Protect from mana leech?
Last edited by Samkiud on Apr 17, 2015, 8:02:26 PM
I am greatly opposed to such a change. Having to look at two different peripherals to monitor your health as a hybrid character is a major pain.
if you implement this change, please make it optional.
"
mardukthewolf wrote:
I am greatly opposed to such a change. Having to look at two different peripherals to monitor your health as a hybrid character is a major pain.

You missed the "keystone" part.
"
mardukthewolf wrote:

I was about to say the same thing. If it does not come with a major mechanical change it is far worse than what we have currently.

We need more info...
RIP Bolto
Last edited by Covert on Apr 17, 2015, 8:04:23 PM
"
Samkiud wrote:
"
mardukthewolf wrote:

You missed the "keystone" part.

That doesn't really tell much about the screenshot
Last edited by mardukthewolf on Apr 17, 2015, 8:04:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info