[Fan Art] Defiant Hearts and some sketches

click to higher res

Hello!
I'm relatively new to the game, but it already got a special place in my heart. I just love the practical yet powerful designs of the characters and environment. I've tons of fun with my friends :) The community is nice and GGG is amazing and inspiring.
This piece was for the fanart contest, but I lost the deadline (f$#$%ng rekt by timezone lol I was ready to post it, you can't imagine how mad I was at myself :') )... so i decided to post it before it gets old and I start to hate the piece.
I got inspired by the Cloack of Defiance item description -
Cloak
When the throat roars
As eyes weep
When the hand grips hard
With trembling fingers
When belly twists
Yet legs stand strong
That is the work
Of the Defiant Heart

That really puts me in higher spirits :) I can't help but to imagine the exiles in these scenes

Oh, and here some older sketches I'd like to share...

click to higher res

This is my take on Maligaro... I took references from the comic and the concept art/trading card and tried to mixing them, since they look kinda different :) I really like this character! Judging by the NPC dialogues/item descriptions and the comic :D Wish I could see more of him in game

click to higher res

My first POE scribbles, just some portraits, nothing special

That was it for now... thanks for reading and taking a look here :)

<and sorry for crappy english, not my 1st language>
These are some fantastic portraits! I hope we see more of your art here in the future =)

Contact us at support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!
In the first one the Ranger looks out of place. The detail of the Marauder is outstanding and the Duelist is nicely done as well. The Witch is spooky (in a good way), but the Ranger seems kinda blah. Almost cartoonish compared to the rest.

And I didn't miss the Templar and Shadow. Excellent work. And your drawings are fantastic.

EDIT: looking at her more and I think its her face. Too smooth?
Very nice art!

That signature looks familiar, do you happen to have a Deviantart page?

Keep up the good work! More fanart yay!
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
"
Eben_GGG wrote:
These are some fantastic portraits! I hope we see more of your art here in the future =)

Wow thanks! <3 Can't wait for Act 4 to fuel my fangirl inside and make tons of bad fanarts and have tons of fun with it without shame!!

"
Moonyu wrote:
In the first one the Ranger looks out of place. The detail of the Marauder is outstanding and the Duelist is nicely done as well. The Witch is spooky (in a good way), but the Ranger seems kinda blah. Almost cartoonish compared to the rest.

And I didn't miss the Templar and Shadow. Excellent work. And your drawings are fantastic.

EDIT: looking at her more and I think its her face. Too smooth?

Thanks for the feedback and lovely words! I think the major issue is the balance of the composition... Ranger just don't have the same hm... "weight"/impact as the Duelist and Witch (with Marauder being "1", Duelist, Witch and Ranger "2", Templar, Shadow and Scion "3"); I feel that the composition would look better if Ranger swapped places with Duelist (plus flipping the sides that they're looking and some minor changes), I got out of time so I had to cut some stuff (and even with that, still couldn't delivery in time lol!!) , like Ranger's hands and legs x( She was looking kinda nice at the initial sketch...
Oh and my main style is cartoonish and sketchy (I think this piece was the 1st one that I tried polishing in like, years?? That can't be good oh god), and poor Ranger had to pay for this bc she was very rushed and I was freaking out bc deadline haha

"
Hixxie wrote:
Very nice art!

That signature looks familiar, do you happen to have a Deviantart page?

Keep up the good work! More fanart yay!

Thanks a lot!! I used to drawing lots of Team Fortress 2 and DOTA 2 (my favourite games at all time, now POE got into that list too :D) fanarts, maybe you like these games too and happen to saw some sketches of mine? :)
I do have a Deviantart (pretty outdated and I'm ashamed of this)! I'm much more active on Tumblr, tho. If you want to take a look, here's the links:

http://ruri-adati.deviantart.com/
http://ruriadati.tumblr.com/
Thanks for the interest!! <3
Templar's grandpa face +1
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"

Terrific.

I do not like the Templar so-grandpa face, though.
Last edited by Samkiud on Mar 24, 2015, 5:15:24 PM
Wov this is awesome.
Last edited by Carnoso on Mar 26, 2015, 10:11:44 AM
Thanks, guys <3 and thanks GGG for featuring it on Community Showcase #8 :) I have some few ideas for mini comics for the next post ehee
Very clean piece here, I like the composition too.

I checked out your other stuff also and I like you rough/sketchy stuff too... a shame this was late---I think this is my favorite fan-work yet... definately see it winning.

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed very much!
Last edited by neonive on Apr 4, 2015, 11:47:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info