[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Started Act 3 Merciless, I'm getting owned by some of the mobs, especially by the Brood Princess in the Upper Submerged Passage, and in the Tidal Island part in the first Act. I'm thinking it's an Elemental Resistance problem. As you know, Merciless puts a −60% Elemental and Chaos resistance on you. Character sheet says when I'm at Merciless :

Fire Resistance 30%
Cold Resistance -10%
Lightning Resistance 53%
Chaos Resistance -60%

I'm currently at Level 51 and this is my current gear :

Spoiler

Current Build :

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwB5wSzFCAUcRoyGjgb-h0UI00l3yjFNug62EA2QapEckw1TdhPfVBHUWBT31ivWNtZ82BLZp5uaXB9cql07XgNeu982YBWgW-ExITZhO-MdpBVm4OePKIApBmnMKeEqZWsqqyvtPm-ir6nwBrnkew48B_zvvcy-Ov60g==

Most of my Fire Resistance comes from the weapon I hold and if I have to take it off to replace with another weapon, that would put my fire resistance 10% below zero as well. Hmm. I've yet to take Diamond Flesh so that might help, putting FR to 42%, CR to 2% and LR to 65% but it's still low. Also, when someone says 'max resists', does it mean 75% Resistance to all elements?

Help me out guys. thx

Edit : Ok refunded 4 passive points : Bulwark, 2 Shield Blocks and an Intelligent node. This enabled to get 'Diamond Flesh' early and I'm now working towards Sentinel. :)

Passive Tree now :

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwB5wSzBS0UIBRxGjIaOBv6I00l3zboOthANkCgQapEck3YT31QR1FgU99Yr1jbWfNgS2aebmlwfXKpdO14DXrvfNmAVoFvhMSE2YTvjHaQVZuDnjyeuaIApBmnMKeEqW6playqrK-0-bXyvoq-p8Aa55HsOPAf9zL46_rS
1 Eternal = 2 Exalted (ex)
1 Exalted (ex) = 10 Gemcutter's Prism (GCP) = 22 Chaos = 220 Chromatic
Last edited by KnightOfTheLost on Nov 1, 2013, 12:45:25 AM
Is running 2 auras really good towards the end of this, out of curiosity?
"
Started Act 3 Merciless, I'm getting owned by some of the mobs, especially by the Brood Princess in the Upper Submerged Passage, and in the Tidal Island part in the first Act. I'm thinking it's an Elemental Resistance problem. As you know, Merciless puts a −60% Elemental and Chaos resistance on you. Character sheet says when I'm at Merciless :

Fire Resistance 30%
Cold Resistance -10%
Lightning Resistance 53%
Chaos Resistance -60%

I'm currently at Level 51 and this is my current gear :

Spoiler

Current Build :

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwB5wSzFCAUcRoyGjgb-h0UI00l3yjFNug62EA2QapEckw1TdhPfVBHUWBT31ivWNtZ82BLZp5uaXB9cql07XgNeu982YBWgW-ExITZhO-MdpBVm4OePKIApBmnMKeEqZWsqqyvtPm-ir6nwBrnkew48B_zvvcy-Ov60g==

Most of my Fire Resistance comes from the weapon I hold and if I have to take it off to replace with another weapon, that would put my fire resistance 10% below zero as well. Hmm. I've yet to take Diamond Flesh so that might help, putting FR to 42%, CR to 2% and LR to 65% but it's still low. Also, when someone says 'max resists', does it mean 75% Resistance to all elements?

Help me out guys. thx

Edit : Ok refunded 4 passive points : Bulwark, 2 Shield Blocks and an Intelligent node. This enabled to get 'Diamond Flesh' early and I'm now working towards Sentinel. :)

Passive Tree now :

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwB5wSzBS0UIBRxGjIaOBv6I00l3zboOthANkCgQapEck3YT31QR1FgU99Yr1jbWfNgS2aebmlwfXKpdO14DXrvfNmAVoFvhMSE2YTvjHaQVZuDnjyeuaIApBmnMKeEqW6playqrK-0-bXyvoq-p8Aa55HsOPAf9zL46_rS

You can use purity aura too in the beginning. It gives alot of res if you dont have any good res items.
"
banker247 wrote:
if i'll get rainbowstride i'll have a 63.5% spellblock chance is it worth it to get it over HP boots, my resists and all maxed out just wonderin how that spellblock is going to help me out and wether its worth it or not

If you are using Lazhwar and have 75 all elemental resistances, Rainbowstride is not really needed. The only time I'd say to go for it is if you were hammered into a different amulet choice for some reason. Otherwise, get life and armour and 30% movement speed on a 'rare' boots.
"
Started Act 3 Merciless
Fire Resistance 30%
Cold Resistance -10%
Lightning Resistance 53%

This is a basic gearing problem. The good news is that you are ahead of most other builds because of the 20% resistances we get from our shield nodes.

You don't need to worry about chaos resist at least. Just get these three close to max (70 is enough) and you will be fine.

I noticed you need upgrades (with resists) on chest, belt, rings, boots. They don't all have to be super in this department, but they all need some.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 1, 2013, 2:14:23 AM
"
shinino wrote:

Yes. Using both determination and grace provides high physical mitigation and chance to avoid. Combined with max block, Ondar's, Lazhwar, and max resists, we then have all the bases covered.
Just pooled all my crap up and bought a BoR. Words can't describe how awesome it is now, double my damage. Now I'm hurting for some mana leech. If anyone is wondering what the build can do I'll make a video destroying piety for ya. Though my tree is buffed on DPS, but that's fine with me.
"
wenlock wrote:
Just pooled all my crap up and bought a BoR. Words can't describe how awesome it is now, double my damage. Now I'm hurting for some mana leech. If anyone is wondering what the build can do I'll make a video destroying piety for ya. Though my tree is buffed on DPS, but that's fine with me.

mana leech can be supplemented by using a mana leech support gem in the BoR or from assorted rare rings/gloves/weapon.
"
shinino wrote:

Yes it is. Especially when hunting exps, then i can use one defensive aura and hatred. Now and then i go nuts and use both haste and hatred and it is a huge dps increase. And other times when i want as much defense as posible running determination and grace gives me 45% in armor and evasion. I even run purity instead if there are curse chances on a frost map for example.

But mostly its determination+hatred that i use.
I am currently using Lightning strike and it feels good, why do people use haevy strike instead? there is no aoe that makes no sense too me, help me out here :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info