Fix the HUD and maybe I'll redownload

"
Syndicat3 wrote:
[

I'm just pointing out that the PoE HUD looks like it's suited for a game from 1999. The rest of the game is beautiful.

If the PoE devs. want to have people take their game more seriously, they should consider hiring a designer with decent skills to make a good looking HUD. It's something that stays on the screen the entire time. The current HUD has low-resolution textures and is overall extremely amateurish in design.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

You didn't see the old HUD for POE did you?

Personally, I prefer minimalistic HUD's and hate when they are more toward the center of the screen. I'll take my side options, along with it's minimalistic design over fancy-distractions.

"
Syndicat3 wrote:
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
@OP: Posting examples about what you like, and making juvenile comments about what you don't, isn't helpful either.

How do you expect people to take you seriously with posts like that?

I'm just pointing out that the PoE HUD looks like it's suited for a game from 1999. The rest of the game is beautiful.

If the PoE devs. want to have people take their game more seriously, they should consider hiring a designer with decent skills to make a good looking HUD. It's something that stays on the screen the entire time. The current HUD has low-resolution textures and is overall extremely amateurish in design.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Are you 14 or do you just pretend to be?
BlackKeysus - 73 Witch ( Legacy )
BlackHammer - 56 Marauder ( Legacy )

CtrlAltDelete - 15 ( HC) R.I.P xD

Greetings from Switzerland
Not ONCE did you say WHY you think it's bad. Sure, it's a little low-res, but that about it. The only other HUD that can compare to this is D3's. TL2's looks like crap compared to POE's.
"
tinghshi wrote:
Not ONCE did you say WHY you think it's bad. Sure, it's a little low-res, but that about it. The only other HUD that can compare to this is D3's. TL2's looks like crap compared to POE's.

Dafuq are you talking about? I said why I think it's ugly.

I'll go into more detail:

It looks too fancy and it's low res. The details all around the edge look bad. Also, what's with all the curving? Some of the corners less round than others. Overall, it's just really horrible design imo.

Anyway, whatever. You don't have to agree. To the people resorting to personal insults (asking if I'm 14), learn not to be so offended.

I think this HUD is one of the areas that needs major improvement because it's an eyesore.
"
Syndicat3 wrote:
"
tinghshi wrote:

Dafuq are you talking about? I said why I think it's ugly.

I'll go into more detail:

It looks too fancy and it's low res. The details all around the edge look bad. Also, what's with all the curving? Some of the corners less round than others. Overall, it's just really horrible design imo.

Anyway, whatever. You don't have to agree. To the people resorting to personal insults (asking if I'm 14), learn not to be so offended.

I think this HUD is one of the areas that needs major improvement because it's an eyesore.
You didn't say anything about why it's ugly. This is the first time you've given any specific details other than "low res".

I still have no idea why you think it's so bad. Why is being fancy bad? What makes the details around the edge look bad? What "curving" are you referring to? Cite specific examples. Why is corner roundness a problem? What design standards are you basing your conclusion on?
Huh... I like the HUD, i really see no problems with it, at all
Shoep - Default league Ranger
Peohs - Any other class or character i play.
Jhuvik - My Marauder
Merialeth - My witch
What is this thread about? Those new and old HUDs aren't in POE are they? All I see is totally different HUD to those 2 pictures...

Or is there like a command line tweak to enable a minimalist HUD?

I prefer the current HUD.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 13, 2013, 5:08:24 AM
You can't expect me, or anyone else on this forum, to take you seriously with all of the hyperbole and claiming the HUD alone being a dealbreaker.

You're welcome to criticize the game, but you're going to have to figure out how to do so without coming off like a pouty brat and baiting people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info