Fix the HUD and maybe I'll redownload

There's no polite way to say this- the HUD is atrocious.

Even Grim Dawn developers admitted that what they had was terrible:

"

We received a lot of feedback in the past about our terrible, designer-created 1990's HUD art and finally our artists have had a chance to give it a good going-over. Zantai shows off the results in his latest update:

So, here is their new OLD HUD:

Here is the NEW HUD:

Source: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6032

The PoE developers really need to take note about this specific issue because the current HUD is so unbelievably amateurish in appearance.

Please, devs., don't overlook something that you have to stare at the entire time you play.
Last edited by Septile on Feb 13, 2013, 5:13:15 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Y'know, saying something is atrocious, and amateurish without citing example ( maybe providing examples and suggestions for improvement ) isn't really helpful...at all.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
Y'know, saying something is atrocious, and amateurish without citing example ( maybe providing examples and suggestions for improvement ) isn't really helpful...at all.

All I can say is look what Torchlight II, Diablo III have done with their HUDs, because the Path of Exile HUD looks like a Rosie O'Donnell's diarrhea dump- low res. and like something out of the 90s. No, I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. The rest of the game is beautiful.

Torchlight II HUD:

Diablo III HUD:

Besides art style.. I fail to see how tl 2 is any different
@OP: Posting examples about what you like, and making juvenile comments about what you don't, isn't helpful either.

How do you expect people to take you seriously with posts like that?
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
:) I can't see how TL2 even compares to the PoE HUD....
TL2 HUD looks redicilous(spelling?)...
D3 HUD looks almost the same as PoE...
All ARPG got almost the same HUD ...
If you delete the game because of the HUD(it's even beta.. lol), then maybe you are not the player GGG looking for to play their game ! :)
It's all about gameplay/playExperience... Graphics comes always 2nd place... That's how a good ARPG dev is thinking! :)
:) I can't see how TL2 even compares to the PoE HUD....
TL2 HUD looks redicilous(spelling?)...
D3 HUD looks almost the same as PoE...
All ARPG got almost the same HUD ...
If you delete the game because of the HUD(it's even beta.. lol), then maybe you are not the player GGG looking for to play their game ! :)
It's all about gameplay/playExperience... Graphics comes always 2nd place... That's how a good ARPG dev is thinking! :)

Edit:
Oh, and also.. If they do change the HUD the way you like, more color, more details, more light/brighter etc... Then it won't look Dungeony!! (Yes, that's right, I just made up my own word!)
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
@OP: Posting examples about what you like, and making juvenile comments about what you don't, isn't helpful either.

I'm just pointing out that the PoE HUD looks like it's suited for a game from 1999. The rest of the game is beautiful.

If the PoE devs. want to have people take their game more seriously, they should consider hiring a designer with decent skills to make a good looking HUD. It's something that stays on the screen the entire time. The current HUD has low-resolution textures and is overall extremely amateurish in design.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Last edited by Syndicat3 on Feb 12, 2013, 2:12:30 PM
"
Syndicat3 wrote:
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:

I'm just pointing out that the PoE HUD looks like it's suited for a game from 1999.

What does this even mean? You still can't explain what's wrong about POE, all you can say is 'low res textures' which I don't even get, they look fine to me. What is wrong with the HUD?

If the game is designed to be like Diablo 1/2, then it should be something from 1999. Design from 1999 isn't inherently bad because it's 2013 now. Your comment is myopic and unhelpful. What exactly do you dislike about it?

And if all it takes for you to not play a game is its HUD, you should just stick with TL2 or D3. Calling things amateur but you yourself can't say what's wrong with the HUD? It smells of arrogance.

Posting pictures without highlighting your thought processes is useless.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Feb 12, 2013, 2:16:31 PM
"
anubite wrote:
"
Syndicat3 wrote:
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:

I'm just pointing out that the PoE HUD looks like it's suited for a game from 1999.

What does this even mean? You still can't explain what's wrong about POE, all you can say is 'low res textures' which I don't even get, they look fine to me. What is wrong with the HUD?

If the game is designed to be like Diablo 1/2, then it should be something from 1999. Design from 1999 isn't inherently bad because it's 2013 now. Your comment is myopic and unhelpful. What exactly do you dislike about it?

And if all it takes for you to not play a game is its HUD, you should just stick with TL2 or D3. Calling things amateur but you yourself can't say what's wrong with the HUD? It smells of arrogance.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with POE- learn to read.

I am saying the HUD is BUTT UGLY.

You can go on and on about how offended you are, "I should go play D3 or TL2"... blah blah blah. I'm not criticizing the game play or graphics, I'm criticizing the HUD.

Learn to not be offended so easily. If you think the HUD looks great, that's your opinion. I on the other hand think it looks completely amateur and it's a huge turn off from wanting to play the game.
Last edited by Syndicat3 on Feb 12, 2013, 2:17:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info