Name the 3 best things about PoE and the 3 worst. Keep it simple and brief!

+PoE
+PoE
+PoE

-PoE
-PoE
-Not enough cats

"
Isnt this just a big suggestions thread in disguise?
More feedback I would say..
Last edited by Brotherhawk on Jul 13, 2014, 3:19:24 PM
"
Brotherhawk wrote:
+PoE
+PoE
+PoE

-PoE
-PoE
-Not enough cats

"
Isnt this just a big suggestions thread in disguise?
More feedback I would say..

Not enough cats? I want dogs!!
Pros
1. Build variety
2. Good gameplay
3. New content often

Cons
1. No offline mode/single player mode
2. No runewords
3. No set items
Best:

1. Skill tree, and the variety of game play it brings

2. The lore and the way it is presented

3. GGG genuinely cares about their game and the community (although they have a funny way of showing it sometimes)

Worst:

1. The "crafting" system. Note the parenthesis, RNG =/= crafting. Take a look at Median XL (mod for diablo 2) if you want to see a (nearly) perfect crafting system in an aRPG.

2. 4 Month items being removed from the drop table. Seriously, what the fuck? Why design interesting items to only remove them. Zero sense here. If you want the 4 month drops to be "exclusive" simply give them different art for challenge league drops, race rewards and then post challenge drops. Boom system solved completely. These items attained in the 4 month have that epeen factor but still aren't closing builds possibilities to newer players.

3. The three tier difficulty system. This is a dated system that really has no real purpose anymore, the only reason why this system exists in PoE is because that's how it was done in diablo 2. i.e not a valid reason
IGN: Ghured
"
Vandalain wrote:
Best:

1. Skill tree, and the variety of game play it brings

2. The lore and the way it is presented

3. GGG genuinely cares about their game and the community (although they have a funny way of showing it sometimes)

Worst:

1. The "crafting" system. Note the parenthesis, RNG =/= crafting. Take a look at Median XL (mod for diablo 2) if you want to see a (nearly) perfect crafting system in an aRPG.

2. 4 Month items being removed from the drop table. Seriously, what the fuck? Why design interesting items to only remove them. Zero sense here. If you want the 4 month drops to be "exclusive" simply give them different art for challenge league drops, race rewards and then post challenge drops. Boom system solved completely. These items attained in the 4 month have that epeen factor but still aren't closing builds possibilities to newer players.

3. The three tier difficulty system. This is a dated system that really has no real purpose anymore, the only reason why this system exists in PoE is because that's how it was done in diablo 2. i.e not a valid reason

Its not crafting its gambling. If you see it for what it is, its a lot easier to understand.
"

Its not crafting its gambling. If you see it for what it is, its a lot easier to understand.

Cause gambling is really fun, not.

I'm fine with a gambler mechanic ala diablo 2 but basing an entire system around that to create an illusion of a crafting system is pretty lame.

As I said, look at MXL and you will see the glory of a proper crafting system in an aRPG, maybe after checking it out you'll understand how beneficial a real crafting system is to an action RPG. Not an RNG-bullshit-fest like we currently have.
IGN: Ghured
Good

1) limited time leagues -were stuff that drops can be upgrades/sellable

3) trading/brodealing

2) endless killing in scary hardcore world

The terrible

1,2,3) My postgrad essays. Please god help me

Go AB's
Good
+ Build variety
+ Gameplay
+ F2P

Bad
- Elitists
- My RNG
- Desync
+ replayability
+ skill gems system
+ synergies (tree + items + gems etc)

- way WAY WAYYY too trade oriented
- desync
- balance (getting really terrible lately)
The best:
1. Passive skill tree
2. Atmosphere
3. Amount of possible loot rolls

The worst :
1. Lack of a single(one) total respec for any char(problem due to repetitive leveling up process)
2. Lore locked behind obtuse game mechanics(you cant kill Atziri without being hardcore)
3. The trading system(TERRIBLE) and the general feel of "i must trade or im at a disadvantage"

cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info