Season Eight, Event 1: 40 Minute Descent Champions

Stoked!
They say I'm an astronaut that laughs a lot.
"
Phoenix320 wrote:
How do I find out what items we start with so I can plan my build?

You'll figure it out. This race takes practice anyway.

There will be a chest next to where you start. It will contain some class specific white items and gems.

For example Witch starts with (last season):
Fireball
Ice Nova
Freezing Pulse
2 wands
Twig Spirit Shield
2 scrolls
small mana

Just off the screen before you enter the zone are two more chests. They contain uniques. You can grab one unique from each chest (total of 2 uniques). All have 3 linked white sockets.

Box 1:
Wand
Staff
2H Sword
Bow
1H Axe
1H Mace

Box 2:
Dagger
Tower Shield
Sash
1H Axe
Iron Hat

When you enter each new zone there will be another chest containing more goodies like currency, class specific gems, etc. You also get regular drops from mobs. Since you can't keep anything after the race, you can go ahead and use any currency you get.

A unique claw has been added since last season, but I don't know which box it will be in. There have also been some other minor changes.
Hope i can stay awake for the race.
Last edited by Sparzy on Jun 6, 2014, 4:36:25 PM
I will be streaming this at twitch.tv/sayyadinaatreides. There will probably be some general race tips as usual, but historically I suck at D:C so don't expect miraculous revelations.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
My favourite race is Endless Ledge.
The Brute apparently got a buff and now ignores decoy totems, lol. Good start in the new season as usual. I just always die stupidly in the first race.
"
fadekill wrote:
The Brute apparently got a buff and now ignores decoy totems, lol. Good start in the new season as usual. I just always die stupidly in the first race.

Haha yeah died to him too...
I'll be back with a vengance though ;)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Got Error: failed to join any instance and was stuck for like 5 minutes trying to progress to the brute :(
after several miserably failed attempts with marauder, reroled with witch on last 10 minutes and get further than in first 30. Also 10 witches out of top 20 players. lol
"
techleash wrote:
Got Error: failed to join any instance and was stuck for like 5 minutes trying to progress to the brute :(

Same.. lost 4-5 minutes for that, could have reached level 21, fuck this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info