GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
Xavderion wrote:

This could be easily fixed by implementing certain vendor recipes into the game. GGG already started doing this with the %pdps recipe, but they should definitely add more.

So there is NO way to "fix" drops? Only crafting and trading? Recipes? What happened? Where in history did this happen? In a loot based aRPG, the loot dropping is only means to an end - to get currency to buy gear from people "higher up the pyramid"?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
They have a decent chance to drop. Anecdotal evidence doesn't matter (I found two 200+ PDPS one-handers in Ambush), but the market doesn't lie. A 200 DPS weapon costs like 1 Chaos which means they are common as fuck.

That may be - which brings me to my main point: I've played since closed beta, several thousand hours. I've made several characters good enough to run high level maps. I've made a couple of MF characters capable of running pretty high maps. And I've found NONE 200 DPS weapons. And there are many players like me.

This is pretty good. Did I find it? No. I made it. How? TOLO exalted the +phys flat roll - with one of my TWO exalted I have found since closed beta.

You may call this QQ, and you may call me a noob (since I have found less than you)

But the thing is: There is A LOT of players with similar or worse luck. Plyers that playes 2-3-4000 hours without finding "anything"

I'm not debating if trade should give you an advantage, coz it should. I'm not debating if party play should give you an advantage, coz it should. I just think it's sad that the RNG is SO far fetched that players, who don't trade, can play for years without finding gear that is "common as fuck"...

This could be easily fixed by implementing certain vendor recipes into the game. GGG already started doing this with the %pdps recipe, but they should definitely add more.

I agree with the need for more vendor recipes,( I started a thread on this
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/872742 )

TL:DR We need more crafting recipes (to get +life/res/AR-EV-ES etc...) and players should be able to use two or even more recipes on a single item with the item gaining the stats from ALL recipes used!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
You just want the game to be easier. SFL isn't really your goal.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Not easier, not at all, simply more rewarding.
As in risk/reward and effort/reward.
Also, less RNG.
And - since I'm dreaming - less gearchecks and more skills involved ;-)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Man I feel like going RF build next! Maybe one day a ROTP will drop.......may as well use these exalts I found to put some life regen on my helm. Oh dear I'm bored.
Go AB's
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

You're clearly out of touch with this thread. Which brings the question, what is the point of your post?
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

So there is NO way to "fix" drops? Only crafting and trading? Recipes? What happened? Where in history did this happen? In a loot based aRPG, the loot dropping is only means to an end - to get currency to buy gear from people "higher up the pyramid"?

What happened is, this game wasn't made as a single player ARPG.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on May 5, 2014, 10:02:15 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

What happened is, this game wasn't made as a single player ARPG.

And yet, multiplayer feels a bit tacked on. The engine can barely handle it, and the difficulty becomes mostly non-existent.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I spent 2 hours in trade chat for the first time this league, because I was trying to avoid it.

Went from 10 chaos to 60. It literally doesn't get easier than that.

I feel so greasy, those poor people...
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
lukeiy wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I spent 2 hours in trade chat for the first time this league, because I was trying to avoid it.

Went from 10 chaos to 60. It literally doesn't get easier than that.

I feel so greasy, those poor people...

I assume you made that by selling your stuff? Then you didn't go from 10 to 60 chaos, you went from having 10 chaos + 50 chaos worth of gear to 60 chaos :) If you made that by flipping, please teach me, Flipping-sama.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on May 5, 2014, 10:23:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info