2H Sword Attack Speed Blood Magic Arrow Dodging (MaxHP / Dodge / Armour)

"
raybol wrote:
You are using too many points for your build. Try to cut it to around 70 points, after that it gets much harder to get points due to lack of content.

If you read my progression guide in the first post it explains that you don't fill it out like it appears. You prioritize specific capstones then go back and fill in what you need (defense, accuracy, max hp, resists, etc...). You can get all the capstones (Blood Magic, Arrow Dodge) in this well before 60. It has a long term goal though, which is why I just filled out the entire thing, so people have a rough idea what they could aim for.

Example:

65 Points of 111
Last edited by EmeraldWitch on Jan 30, 2013, 6:17:20 PM
Im interested in trying out a 2hand-sword Duelist, so thanks for this guide!

More importantly, thanks for posting a lvl 60 build AS WELL as a build path. All guides ought to do that. ^^

Let me know how this works for you, I'm not even past level 7 yet :) Most of what I picked is based on things I learned from reading lots of forum posts. The single biggest tip I hear in this forum is probably to focus heavily on defenses until you feel like you are killing monsters much too slowly.
You're going to get completely murdered in Merciless by Ele Dmg mobs and crit dmg mobs, not to mention if you get stunned you don't have enough HP to survive the burst.
"
allbusiness wrote:
You're going to get completely murdered in Merciless by Ele Dmg mobs and crit dmg mobs, not to mention if you get stunned you don't have enough HP to survive the burst.

How would you modify the build to deal with that? Is that why Iron Reflexes / Unwavering Stance seems nearly mandatory in most builds? Is that why people say Duelist is the worst class, because we get no good resists except Diamond Skin?

How would you build a melee without Unwavering Stance then? Is it just not feasible?
Even if it's an issue, I think that this build (even at just 60 points) has enough evasion nodes to make Iron Reflexes + Unwavering Stance worthwhile. This build also doesn't need to go out of its way to pick up both of those Keystones. :]
"
z00t wrote:
Even if it's an issue, I think that this build (even at just 60 points) has enough evasion nodes to make Iron Reflexes + Unwavering Stance worthwhile. This build also doesn't need to go out of its way to pick up both of those Keystones. :]

Yar. They're well within reach. I just didn't want to put all my defenses into only Armour. I really wanted a viable Arrow Dodging build :[ I guess this one just wasn't meant to be.
I'm a noob and would like to ask a few questions:

1) At the very start of the tree, why do you go for the strength passives instead of the two-handed passives?
2) Are Arrow Dodging and Iron Reflexes compatible? If not, what makes Arrow Dodging superior to Iron Reflexes? I just ask because it seems Iron Reflexes seems to be in all evasion builds.

Thanks.
"
breno2342 wrote:
I'm a noob and would like to ask a few questions:

1) At the very start of the tree, why do you go for the strength passives instead of the two-handed passives?
2) Are Arrow Dodging and Iron Reflexes compatible? If not, what makes Arrow Dodging superior to Iron Reflexes? I just ask because it seems Iron Reflexes seems to be in all evasion builds.

Thanks.

The short answer is that it would take 6x somewhat meh dps nodes that you don't really need vs. 4x +10 str nodes to get to Steel Skin and Executioner. Executioner at that point in your build is MUCH better than all the previous DPS nodes leading up to it. You should notice a theme in my builds where I try to maximize the number of points spent on capstones and minimize the nodes spent on crap that leads up to them or are just not that efficient. Example, 8% hp nodes are the worst kind of hp nodes, so I will fore-go taking some of them in order to go get the 2x +12% near Blood Drinker, and prioritize Thick Skin over other possible HP sources.

The only nodes in that dps path that aren't terrible are the other +10% dps, and maybe the 2x +4% attack speeds. The other 3 nodes are just crap. If I went that path I would be taking 3 crap nodes to get 1 good and 2 ok nodes that I don't really need (dps). The path I went instead I took 4 "crap" nodes and freed up 2 to be whatever I need them to be elsewhere.

I don't know, your mileage may vary, but by doing that I was able to use those 2 points to get Celerity later on for +8% move speed. Is that worth more to you than +11% attack speed +whatever dps? Honestly that is a tough call and I could see going either way. Early on you won't need Celerity, but you won't need those DPS nodes either since your 2H will be one shotting most things with Double Strike.

As far as Arrow Dodging, it requires being able to evade to work, so no, they are not compatible. IR is also not really the thing people need, they need Unwavering Stance so they don't get stunlocked to death, and IR lets them convert all their now-useless evasion into a useful stat.
Last edited by EmeraldWitch on Jan 31, 2013, 7:49:36 AM
So why 2h sword over 2h Axe? I'm looking over the tree and not sure what one I wana go. The only reason I'm thinking Axe could be better is sweep vs cleave.

lvl 28 and this is my build so far. Really not sure if I wana go Axe or sword :(
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwFLQ48FHEhYCi1OlJAoFYEYEtgiGEhYVJ07XTxeu-E74ZgmSueuZ-jpzCnn9-_4urvTve-
Last edited by Nydrak on Feb 1, 2013, 9:26:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info