Soloing Cruel Gravicius and Piety

"
zekerferc wrote:
I have soloed them with my 900 hp 200 es templar quite easily. And yes 400 hp is too low.

- Use 4 health flasks with insta recovery when low life and 1 quicksilver flask with eva. Mana should not be an issue if you have mana regen.
- Use a portal when things are about to go bad. Just refill the flasks and go on.
- You should get cast speed with nodes and movement speed increase on boots. It helps with kiting.
- Attack piety only when she is on normal mode. Evade light balls and strikes. Just run around a little bit when she is on fire mode and hide behind a wall when she is in cold mode. Kill portals nearby.
400hp + 800es is more than 900hp + 200es. 400hp isn't that low if he's going ci later.
"
eclap78 wrote:
"
zekerferc wrote:
I have soloed them with my 900 hp 200 es templar quite easily. And yes 400 hp is too low.

- Use 4 health flasks with insta recovery when low life and 1 quicksilver flask with eva. Mana should not be an issue if you have mana regen.
- Use a portal when things are about to go bad. Just refill the flasks and go on.
- You should get cast speed with nodes and movement speed increase on boots. It helps with kiting.
- Attack piety only when she is on normal mode. Evade light balls and strikes. Just run around a little bit when she is on fire mode and hide behind a wall when she is in cold mode. Kill portals nearby.
400hp + 800es is more than 900hp + 200es. 400hp isn't that low if he's going ci later.

Well, to be honest I ve never passed over 450 es but I think hp beats es when it comes to kill bosses especially piety. Piety just deals insane dmg that you have to rely on your hp. Es is not for long fights imo. Your hp flasks have no use. Once your out of es, you are just one shot.
"
zekerferc wrote:
"
eclap78 wrote:
"
zekerferc wrote:

Well, to be honest I ve never passed over 450 es but I think hp beats es when it comes to kill bosses especially piety. Piety just deals insane dmg that you have to rely on your hp. Es is not for long fights imo. Your hp flasks have no use. Once your out of es, you are just one shot.

wrong.

just get 5 movement flasks, never die. HP is overrated so hard, its just timing that matters.

If you get hit, you are just to bad to kite and dodge.
"

And yes I already decided on buying a new PC but it's going to take weeks before I have it.

Thanks for the hints, guys.

you must be the first person who buys a new pc to run POE properly :smug:
400 life? You joking? My lvl49 hardcore witch has 1650 hp and 550 energy shield and I'm still coming close to dying sometimes in act 3 cruel....
I have 450 health, and Phase Acrobatics at level 41.

The only things I am scared of so far is anything with Flicker Strike. Everything else is easily dodged and kited. since I have nearly 1k DPS.
hi there m8...

kinda off-topic, but i wanna know since u're not running the game smoothly. are you bound to ur onboare grapichs in poe? that was the problem for me, i was on 50-60 fps in solo, but in parties with rangers using psn arrows it dropped to 10-25.. the problem was that i was running poe with my intel onboard, instead of my main grapich card 'nvdia geforce 550m'

anyway, just a heads up if u didn't check for that :)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCohOcaCm7l6ex2to0QZ5Cgg

Twitch: https://go.twitch.tv/wheeze_dk
Well taking a Life node and Fitness didn't make any difference.

"
zekerferc wrote:

That worked in normal, in cruel, the mobs kill me when I stand still and when I move the Ice Arrows hit me

"
eclap78 wrote:

Unfortunately without the 50% ES bonus CI sucks now. I think with the old CI I'd actually stand a chance.

"
Firedrop wrote:
400 life? You joking? My lvl49 hardcore witch has 1650 hp and 550 energy shield and I'm still coming close to dying sometimes in act 3 cruel....

I usually just freeze everything that comes close, doesn't work on Piety though...

All in all my conclusion is now that I just suck at this game.
I'll start a marauder and see how far I get solo and/or try again with a party, once I have a shiny new PC.

@wheeze: I don't have an onboard chip on my mainboard, so the game has to be running on the real graphics card :) Thanks for the suggestion though.
I beat cruel, ruthless and merciless and all I got were some maps.
XBone: the beginning of the end.
I've been soloing Piety on Cruel with Marauder. In her native form she uses mostly lightning attacks. As for transforms... I've tried resist bottles and they didn't help a bit. Then I tried Granite Flasks (+4000 Armour) and found that Ice and Fire forms deal almost no damage to my marauder. So, vs Piety you need lightning resist and armour (or evasion). So, get Granite Flasks. For me 3 Granite Flasks were enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info