Vaal Orbs will be used on gg items

"
Gobla wrote:
Chris has definitely posted on these forums that they're as rare as a chaos "currently". They might not still be. Even so I haven't heard anything about them only being found in corrupted areas.

Their rarity doesn't really matter because they are kind of like a Divine orb - a specialty orb. Divines have historically been cheaper than their rarity would justify because it's rare to need to use them.

In fact, the situation is even more extreme for the Vaal orb.

You can't spam a Vaal Orb (unlike a Divine). It's a one-shot deal. And you need at least a decent item to use it on, plus an exceptionally masochistic outlook even for a PoE player.

Probably they will just build up in the economy until Chris decides they are taking up too much stash space (harhar) and designs a new RNG way to use them kind of like Whetstones in the past.

After all - no doubt they want you to use them. It ruins an item for the most part. Every time you use one, you would statistically help the economy.
I wonder if each Area has a % chance to spawn a corrupted area (or if it is really time based). If that is the case, then the estimate on 1 corrupted area per hour is probably based on clear speed of zones.

Meaning, the more zones you check per hour the more corrupted Areas you get.

Dedicated Vaal Orb farmer who only visually clear a zone and move on to the next. Can get a steady supply of VOs.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Mar 5, 2014, 9:14:39 AM
"
ahcos wrote:
So your point is that people will use Vaal Orbs to create better items? That's travesty! I'd strongly advise to remove everything from the game that makes items better.

Primarily unique items, which seem to be the main focus of the game. Which has always saddened me.
"
tikitaki wrote:
"
Vaal orbs will NEVER EVER be used on GGGGGGGG items, because they will lose more value by not being mirror-able. Now, that said, vaal orbs will always be used on uniques :)

No way.

1) You can't mirror uniques, so they had no value from being mirrored anyway.

2) Uniques that are not legacy are always replaceable.

For rares:

1) The value gained by having a retarded/godly mod on an already GG/BiS rare would be massive.

2) People would pay a LOT, because it would be better than what's available. This is central to all ARPGs and MMO's. If there exists an upgrade for the "top" players -- they will pay whatever they can to get their hands on it.

3) Yes, they lose the ability to mirror it, but that would only further increase the valuation of it - if it were a successful Vaal Orb application.

Okay buddy, who in their right mind is going to spend 100+ eternals to make the most perfect mirror-able item, then vaal orb it and you get something shitty/does nothing?

Sure theres always that 'chance' but nobody is going to take that chance unless that just have thousands of eternals and don't give a shit. And even if you hit it big with that vaal orb, doesn't necessarily mean someone is going to purchase that item for what you think its worth. The risk vs reward is just not there to make it viable.
@ToNotBeDetermined
"
Okay buddy, who in their right mind is going to spend 100+ eternals to make the most perfect mirror-able item, then vaal orb it and you get something shitty/does nothing?

You seem to be forgetting that you can use Vaal Orbs on unique items and not just rares. It does not take 100 eternals to replace a unique item.

Also, even for rares....People will do it. Not everybody will, but it will definitely be done from time to time. Why? Because it's a possibility for an upgrade and the best item around.
"
tikitaki wrote:
"

You seem to be forgetting that you can use Vaal Orbs on unique items and not just rares. It does not take 100 eternals to replace a unique item.

Also, even for rares....People will do it. Not everybody will, but it will definitely be done from time to time. Why? Because it's a possibility for an upgrade and the best item around.

Yeah, some RMTers have tons of currency to waste on whatever they want.
And you still can mirror an item before using Vaal Orb.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
tikitaki wrote:
"

\

Maybe you should read my first post, the one you originally quoted.

Nobody will vaal orb an item they spent 100+ eternals/exalts on just for a chance to get a 'little' bit better, in hopes to profit from it. Especially not if they are using that item for mirror service.

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Ya you can mirror the item before using a vaal orb, but then you can't use a vaal orb on the mirrored item, or use a mirror on the corrupted item...
@ToNotBeDetermined
Last edited by MustachePredator on Mar 5, 2014, 9:46:10 AM
"
"
tikitaki wrote:
"

\

Maybe you should read my first post, the one you originally quoted.

Nobody will vaal orb an item they spent 100+ eternals/exalts on just for a chance to get a 'little' bit better. Especially not if they are using that item for mirror service.

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Ya you can mirror the item before using a vaal orb, but then you can't use a vaal orb on the mirrored item, or use a mirror on the corrupted item...

Actually, I think you're the one who needs to read my original post in this thread - because you're both parroting crap I already stated.

"Too expensive" and "Not worth it" are two excuses that have never held the masses back from experimenting in PoE.

The same was said of eternal/exalting. People did it anyways. Kripp is on record for once saying that no item would ever be worth mirroring, ever.

If you don't think people will corrupt their godly rares, you are insane. It will be done.
Does somebody knows what can be the possible outcomes from a vaal orb on equipment? What are the possible mods that can "ruin" a piece of, let's say, body armor, or improve it?
IGN: Nanaya_Kiri
I would never use this crap on a GG item, knowing it couldn’t be chromed any more.. From both, a traders & self-found POV
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info