[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

I've never build a bow character before in PoE. At what point should I stop using melee and switch to a bow with lightning arrow?
"
aelius28 wrote:
I've never build a bow character before in PoE. At what point should I stop using melee and switch to a bow with lightning arrow?

I actually went bow the entire time though i had a lot of low level unique to ease the leveling process. consider getting a silver branch brow and a quality poison arrow gem/
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Apologies if this has been answered already, but is Iron Reflexes not worth getting if you aren't using Grace?

Reason I ask is because my 5L is a armor/evasion 5l, but I would like to drop Blood Magic keystone to use the Support gem. My resists are killing me and I would like to run Purity.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
aelius28 wrote:

I actually went bow the entire time though i had a lot of low level unique to ease the leveling process. consider getting a silver branch brow and a quality poison arrow gem/

My DPS drops by a factor of 3 when I equip a bow compared to a junk 1h mace I looted off Mervail. I think most of that has to do with the fact that bows don't derive extra damage from the strength stat, and strength is obviously very high on marauders.
^
Last edited by Galaxy on Mar 22, 2013, 8:59:11 AM
"
Galaxy wrote:
How does LgoH effect the end game capabilities of this build now?

The change is not crippling but somewhat noticeable especially vs reflect mobs. Has anyone tried switching out LoH for life leech?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
aelius28 wrote:

This is purely dependent on you and you alone. The simple answer would be - whenever you feel like it!

"
kulnan wrote:
Apologies if this has been answered already, but is Iron Reflexes not worth getting if you aren't using Grace?

Reason I ask is because my 5L is a armor/evasion 5l, but I would like to drop Blood Magic keystone to use the Support gem. My resists are killing me and I would like to run Purity.

Iron Reflexes keystone loses a lot of value if you are not running Grace, that's all. You may still run IR in case all your gear has solid evasion bonuses (at least 1.5 or 2k), but otherwise it is a waste of 3 points. Purity is generally a far better aura if you compare it to Grace face to face.

"
aelius28 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
aelius28 wrote:

My DPS drops by a factor of 3 when I equip a bow compared to a junk 1h mace I looted off Mervail. I think most of that has to do with the fact that bows don't derive extra damage from the strength stat, and strength is obviously very high on marauders.

This is not exactly the case, because the build here is focused around elemental damage, which for this sort of itemization isn't helped by STR at all. Having several elemental damage stats on your gear, running Anger and Wrath, and using a fast bow with LA+LMP, you will easily notice how this works. And it gets exponentially better as you build upon it.

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Galaxy wrote:
How does LgoH effect the end game capabilities of this build now?

The change is not crippling but somewhat noticeable especially vs reflect mobs. Has anyone tried switching out LoH for life leech?

LoH should not and mostly can not be replaced for Life Leech in this case. You are oriented around shooting many lower damage hits (that's the idea), and LoH truly shines in this environment. For a more detailed post on how LoH affects LA, read this post.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
is there a point in getting unwavering stance before iron reflexes? atm im around 50, so still leveling and equipping anything thats an upgrade = have some evasion or eva/armor items, so if i get US before IR im pretty much throwing all my eva away? (sorry for not reading 112 pages if that question has been alrdy asked)

im also thinking how important is another frenzy stack? im using it as a single target, but dunno if i should go for it now or get more hp/ele dmg somewhere else?

btw, thx for great build, im having great time playing it

Spoiler
if i may also ask, what do you think of this:
how fast should i be looking for upgrade?
IGN: Tamenath/Zawish/Mevev/Moldorn/Hayna
Well considering the path takes you near US anyway, you might as well grab it. Without actually focusing on Evasion, your character won't really benefit much from it.

The additional two Frenzy charges I pick up (Merciless bandits and the one on the south section of the tree) are mostly all about personal preference. I get 10% attack speed from those two. That makes the per-point efficiency 3.33%, which is not too great, so if you want to min/max, get something else instead.

Your bow looks like it can handle the situation well until you hit lvl56, that's where you should look for a new bow, and definitely try to get a Thicket bow (as it also has 1.55 base attack speed).
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
Well considering the path takes you near US anyway, you might as well grab it. Without actually focusing on Evasion, your character won't really benefit much from it.

The additional two Frenzy charges I pick up (Merciless bandits and the one on the south section of the tree) are mostly all about personal preference. I get 10% attack speed from those two. That makes the per-point efficiency 3.33%, which is not too great, so if you want to min/max, get something else instead.

Your bow looks like it can handle the situation well until you hit lvl56, that's where you should look for a new bow, and definitely try to get a Thicket bow (as it also has 1.55 base attack speed).

Why lvl56 specifically?

i would have said change out the bow when u get to mercilless act 1.
My groove bow wasnt cutting it at Merciless act1:

and my current bow isnt cutting it in Merciless act3 (lvl60):

My time to upgrade is when Trash mobs arent dying as quickly
Last edited by Pi314 on Mar 14, 2013, 10:04:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info