1.0.6b Patch Notes

This change to summon AI is ruining my playstyle. I cast Flesh Offering where there's loads of corpses to buff my minions. Of course the loads of corpses are where I've been, not where I want to go. Now, when I cast that, all my minions leave the front lines to hang around where I cast it, leaving me defenseless. Seriously?
This is going to kill my HC summoner! I almost died right now! My minions are not following me anymore!
"
This change to summon AI is ruining my playstyle. I cast Flesh Offering where there's loads of corpses to buff my minions. Of course the loads of corpses are where I've been, not where I want to go. Now, when I cast that, all my minions leave the front lines to hang around where I cast it, leaving me defenseless. Seriously?

use desecrate. Or you can cast FO as you clear an area before running to the next area.
If I cast it before I leave the area, they still hang around there instead of following me.
This really needs a tiny bit of extra code. A small GUI widget to select the mode of operation for your minions (follow spells, follow me, roam). Anyone who doesn't like the new AI can use the old style.

There I fixed it.

While minions following your spells makes sense from a spellcasting summoner's point of view, it is a dangerous thing for pure summoners who rely solely on their huge amount of minions for damage dealing. Won't somebody think of the summoners? This was supposed to be the summoner patch - you introduced a great set of new skills, and now I can't use them anymore.
Last edited by bolt_the_dhampir on Feb 8, 2014, 6:50:42 AM
Haha thank god I read the thread! Was just about to continue playing on my nemesis summoner! GGG PLS FIX
"
While minions following your spells makes sense from a spellcasting summoner's point of view, it is a dangerous thing for pure summoners who rely solely on their huge amount of minions for damage dealing. Won't somebody think of the summoners? This was supposed to be the summoner patch - you introduced a great set of new skills, and now I can't use them anymore.

Everyone should have something to cast "at" enemies to direct your minions. If you're purely relying on your minions to go wherever they want, then you're doing it wrong.

Cursing works. Casting skeletons works on top of an enemy works. Desecrate works. I do all of these as a "pure summoner". Minion pathing is excellent from what I can tell.
Don't tell me I'm "doing it wrong". I've killed every boss up until Merciless Dominus on my own, on hardcore, and I use two spell totems to summon my 14 skeletons as fast as possible. I don't have damage spells and it works brilliantly.

I wasn't "doing it wrong" up until this very last b-patch.
Last edited by bolt_the_dhampir on Feb 8, 2014, 2:38:08 PM
Then use a curse.
can someone pls. clarify if the corpse lvl really is limited to the area?
And if it is wether the spectres will adjust when summoned in that area and then moved to another?

Unless it enables you to summon lvl 68 vesions of ANY mob, other than for flesh and bone offering its pretty much a waste of a slot.

Having lvl 70 spectres would be neat, but considereing that while I am at lvl 82 and would be at 83-84 if not for shitton of deaths (my mistakes =P ... and a dozen of unlucky dc´s 2), I still don´t have a lvl 20 gem.
Ok I am close, I have like 98% or so, but still come on.... just imagining I have to go through all that trouble to gat a lvl 20 desecgregate O.o just hope someone will sell a lvl 20 one for 1-2 ex.
On the other hand I keep farming low currency for a montreguls but the price seems to rise faster then I can collekt, currently at 8ex -.-*
"
abbarnes wrote:
Then use a curse.

Wow, so informative and helpful to the feedback we're giving to GGG! You're telling me you'd rather have one mode and be forced to curse and cast spells at the enemies instead of having a way of selecting how your minions will react? So you can play different styles and still be successful?

No offense, but I think you're doing it wrong.
Team Won

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info