*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

"
Excuse me,why dont u use Infernal Blow?

I don't like some reflect issues that can come with Infernal Blow, and if you use it with Melee Splash (in a 4L) then you end up doing significantly less single target DPS.

This build functions best with primarily single target DPS for bosses, with a bit of AOE dps to clean other NPCs up (in one or two fights you don't want any AOE dps), and it doesn't have to worry about reflect/double reflect.
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Feb 22, 2014, 10:52:51 AM
"
Baryboo wrote:
My fucking god man a 1H sword with 548 dps?!?! How is that possible!?

Crazy, huh? Even more is theoretically possible, but that one is currently the best 1h'er in the game for this specific build.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Feb 22, 2014, 10:54:24 AM
What do you think about goint Crit with this build? And what about a 6l Armour?
Last edited by Bachkar on Feb 23, 2014, 1:29:18 PM
"
Bachkar wrote:
What do you think about goint Crit with this build? And what about a 6l Armour?

I prefer the non-crit version for consistent dps over spikey dps, which is why I like RT. The less variability I have the greater the predictive nature of the build becomes the easier it is to tank under different conditions. 6L is nice for more DPS, at the expense of health.
Nice gear and build. Problem is your gear alone is over 500 ex. Do you have alternative gearing options? Not sure that many people are wandering around with that much $$$
Nice guide. I'm using this to for my templar to test things out :-)
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael
Powered by 2015 Alienware 17" R2 laptop · Standard League · BLÔW Guild · Bird-Day - Aug 7, 2012
人生はただのゲームだ。楽しむために生きろ。勝利をつかむため遊べ。人生に勝ち、そして喜ぶために生きろ。o(^▽^)o ♪
"
kurOsawa79 wrote:
Nice gear and build. Problem is your gear alone is over 500 ex. Do you have alternative gearing options? Not sure that many people are wandering around with that much $$$

Sure, you can use whatever gear you have, though you should have Aegis and Rainbowstrides and Stone minimally. For example, lets say you have a 5L and whatever the best DPS 1h weapon you can find (ideally something that can use Whirling Blades like swords or daggers). You will end up with potentially more DPS, so you could lose the 2 dps/armor nodes and instead opt for a couple more 8% health nodes to mitigate some of the health loss you take from not having Kaom's. Or you could take any of the +Res nodes if your gear doesn't cover it. Etc.
This has been pretty fun to play so far, thanks for creating the guide.

One major question though, how do you avoid near deaths when you take big crits?

An example would be Carnage in the level 71 map, I just fought him and one single hit from him was taking all 1200 of my ES and about 1500-2000 health. At one point he landed 2 hits in a row (and man does he attack fast) and it took me to about 5% health. As you can imagine, it was quite scary. I can barely fight him as things stand, much less could I afk against him...

Also note that I had my granites up and running the whole fight.

Here is my gear for reference:
Spoiler

And here is my current build at level 83:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQY5EPAS4RQgFm8ZLhoyGjgaVRv6HRQl3yftKMUt0jB1Nug26TrYRmlHfkw1TdhQR1BQUWBT31RJVcZXDVhjWK9Y21nzXz9gS2EhZKNlTWaebmlwfXKpdO14DXnAeu982YBWhNmE74cpjHaMz49GkFWRzprMm4OezZ_LoLSkGacwp4SpbqmVrKqsr6y6r6K53b6nwA_AGsOGxLjG2M9l0NDRNtIh0k3Uj9X42WHh2uNq51Lnkew47tnvDvIv877z3fZI97760vuq

Any help figuring out how to deal with this would be great, thanks! Also any alterations to what order I've chosen to go after the skill points would be welcome too, I don't have legacy rainbow strides or quite the resist gear you do so I'm picking up a couple of resist nodes.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

@RasalGhulAvenged
Last edited by jeffadkins51 on Feb 27, 2014, 12:02:17 PM
Man, what a sick build.
I was wondering if this foil would able to fit in your build.

since this sword is made for going RT, but unfortunately the dex is high.
Is it worth it to sacrifice some passive points to get dex?
This seems great for people like myself who sometimes falls asleep while grinding. XD what skill would you use with a legacy soul taker? Would use that untill i can grab a great corsair
IGN:LootingLemur,SlipperyBogel
GMT -4:00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info