*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

Lol chill out. He said in his post how he changed his build significantly for Uber because his default build wasn't cutting it. It also says that in his video thread :). His goal was just to figure out how he as a melee could do it.
"
brookeanimals wrote:
Lol chill out. He said in his post how he changed his build significantly for Uber because his lt build wasn't cutting it. It also says that in his video thread :). His goal was just to figure out how he as a melee could do it.

Well the build he used has apparently nothing to do with the build he wrote about. It's obvious now why he wont release tree and gear he uses.

Kinda funny how a guy who championed armor in his build ended up using evasion for the hardest content. I want to see this evasion tank build...
Simply he dont need armor and his phys block on Uber fight, this is 1st, 2d ,he do all what he can by mele char, and use ALL!!! def ability vs UBER (spell block + spell dodge + max res + high hp). This is GGG fault.
P.S I dont see any legit full atziri 3 boss run(ST, RF, Summon builds all use exploit on low life 7 auras). No one cant do it .1st and 2d bosses kill by tanky build -but then all do respec or swap char.
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
Last edited by Jedi_blr on Jul 17, 2014, 9:03:30 PM
Hey man when you reach the point as to when you go up or down on the skill tree... about level 25ish, do you go up on the tree or down first, or do you go back and forth... let me mnow please, im loving this build so far, and im only a quarter into it! Good job buddy!
Talk about jealous trolls out there. He said his build wasn't cutting it for Uber, so he significantly changed it (because he wanted to finish all the content as a tanky character), which he did, and is still the only person to have done so as a melee tank.

He also said Evasion tanks are tank variants if you actually read his thread. Thus, using Atziri's step (you can see it in the video) or Grace (you can see it in the video) was all obviously part of how he figured out how to do it.

It is a shame haters/jealous folks come ruin threads that are helpful and positive in the POE community.
LOL dont talk shit dude, if i dont fight on Uber, or dont have high lvl top gear char dont post this, and if u dont know about skill nods or items shut up plz.(if u use aegis mechanics build u need to be in armor build, uf u use eva u need to use acrobatics and ondar if u ar not stuped) So plz look at mara map and think about how to do buld then check it with most armor builds, and only then post here about trolling and hating.
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
Last edited by Jedi_blr on Jul 18, 2014, 12:09:25 PM
Gz gellig on kill and those poor lamers can frack off.
I was going to create a whole guide on Uber Atziri et others, but since people were asking for info sooner rather than later, I figured I would just explain quickly instead with this post.

Re: links in the staff in my original vid: Shockwave Totem, Chance to Flee, Increased AOE, Faster Casting, Increased Duration (so you don't need to recast it during spawn phase -- though you don't need this), Blood Magic (if your mana is an issue -- though if you 4 link it you don't need it). I would link it but I already have changed the colors for another set of tests I was doing for something else. However, use DD instead (read below).

For kicks, if you want to use a melee skill to get past her spawn phase, you can also use Ground Slam/Chance to Flee or Lightning Strike (Ground Slam is safer). Here is a quick vid snippet using Ground Slam for a low dps character in the spawn phase to show you how it can work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7mjWEhmARI&feature=youtu.be

That being said, Double Doryani is way better, and you don't even need Desecrate since they are undead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxV2P2XzEow&feature=youtu.be

My recommendation for the easiest and safest clearing of spawn phase for a low dps, and refills your flasks, is Double Doryani:

Drop your Shockwave Totem/Increased Duration/Chance to Flee once at beginning of spawn phase (not really needed, by why not), and then just DD/Chance to Ignite/Conc Effect (you could also probably try Inc AOE instead of Chance to Ignite if you want).

As I stated, I changed my build significantly for Uber Queen. It is statistically doable with default Aegis builds variants, but there is a much higher chance you will die (I wish they didn't gate Uber to allow more people to try things), thus I went Safelli's and Evasion. My personal goal was to finish the content as a melee tank without dying (plus some other constraints):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLQW1DjwOrRDwFHUWbxcvGNsZhRo4GlUabB0UIWAkqiXfJy8oxTBxMHwyATboNuk6QjpSPfxAoEKjQ5xE50d-S3hMNVFHU99USVXGVdZXDVhjWNtZ818_YEthIWSjZOdlTWaebmlyqXRBdO108XYId9d673zZfyuApITZhO-LT4zPjX2Nv49GkFWQdJHOmyabg57NoLSkrKcwp4SoGKp_qrisqqyvr6KyGbvtvJ--p8AaxLjGosbYzNvPZc960NDSIdQj1fjWit2o42rjn-RR567o1usU7w7yL_MG877z3fZI9zL3vvrS-6o=

I've done her with a couple tweaks to the above as well -- and I always like to encourage people to try different things to explore the game.

These are the main item changes I incorporated (I also tried a pair of crappy evasion gloves):

Spell Echo is very useful for keeping EC up, and I recommend it. IC makes The 2nd Trio fight a joke, and it helps in the first. Note, I didn't use Spell Echo for Uber Queen, but I'm now using it for times where I'm casting EC. I also recommend simply Spell Echo/EC & IC for the dungeon as it makes it a joke as well.

That's it for now. Stay positive folks, it is just a game :)

IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
yes i was right)) and i use Echo from start of this gem( instant 2-L cast End ch and then Imm call by hand rox on 2 d boss fight). But i need to see 2d boss fight. I sold my 1h shield equip after i kill uber. But now i try to kill uber by 2h mele dodge eva hp build!!!! 2 runs fail((
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
Last edited by Jedi_blr on Jul 19, 2014, 11:08:50 AM
Wow thanks for posting. So this is the evasion tank that afk Uber. What chest you use? Kaoms? Did you snapshot?
Last edited by Wishuponastar on Jul 19, 2014, 11:08:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info