*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

"
Mortezzah wrote:
"
Skelly19 wrote:
Morty, thanks for answering my previous question!

My new question is : Do you think this build would be viable with its main source of DPS as elemental spectral throw instead of reave?

For example, switching out the melee phys nodes for elemental damage nodes, and replacing helm with alphas howl for tri elemental aura.

It would look something like this:
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtDH0QfxQgFE0WbxcvGJEZhRo4GlUabBvIHRQkqicvKMUppS7_Mok26DbpOthDMUp9TDVN2E4qT31QR1BQUWBVxlXWVw1X4lhjWfNbr14TXz9gS2EhZKNk52aeZ6BqHnB9cql07Xbnd-V673zZgFaApITvh3aMdo9GkFWRzp7NoLSiAKIPpKynCKcwp4SoGKmVrKqsr7ZBuJO77byfwBrDhsaextjPZdDQ0iHdDeNq45_nkew47w7wH_Iv8wbzvvPd9zL3vvrS-6r8xQ==

I know I'm losing out on a TON of armor compared to your build, but I'm hoping aegis aurora + near max block/spell block and attacking from ranged (spectral throw) will mitigate that.

I know it's a lot to ask / look at, but I would greatly appreciate it!

I actually did tweak my build a few months ago to see if ST could be viable.. The damage was too low for my liking, but I like the concept. I'd keep playing around with it as ranged has a lot of neat advantages in this game.

You took some interesting nodes.. +fire damage, + fire resist (probably to get across the chasm), life regen instead of life/armor nodes in the beginning, etc.

My suggestion is test it out and see what the pros/cons are. I would do one test build and then do a real one (or if you have enough regrets, go that path).

You're the best Mort! Thanks for taking the time to check it out. The life regen nodes were a complete mistake as I was making the build in a hurry, I've since redone them. The rest you are spot on about.

I have a feeling the damage may be a bit low but I'm okay with that. I'll fix the damage with levels/better gear later on, for now I'm focusing on max block with good armor while maintaining ranged ele ST.

Thanks again, I'll let you know how it turns out! <3
@Skellerton
How you haven't mana problems? I can't find nothing about mana or magic blood on your build.
Check his prismatic ring: 2% mana leech. That's all you need endgame.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
bullitt wrote:
so what are the best items for this build or what properties should an item have?

i have this items are they good if not what should i search for

i use only determination but my mana goes very quick down what do i have to change?

I would get a ring with 2% mana leech (unless you are using Soultaker).

In terms of gear, I like a strong sword (for Whirling Blades and Reave). Soultaker is great too, just no Whirling Blades. With Soul taker you don't need to worry about mana leech really.

Purity of Elements can be good to utilize when you are in an Elem Weakness map.

I wouldn't utilize melee splash -- I'd do Double Strike, Multistrike, Melee Physical, and probably Added Fire (you can test your dps options using your Tabula). Melee Splash is nice, but you want to focus on single target with a bit of aoe with your SoulTaker.

You also want to get your Chaos Res up so you can use Blood Rage for better healing as well as more DPS. You also want to get all your res's up to max.

Your Stone and Aegis are fine (you can always go for +4 blocking stone or +1 curse stone or both for more options).

Determination and ES are good auras for you, or ES and Hatred.

If you don't use Soultaker, then you need 2% mana leech on your items (the amount depends on how much DPS you do, what other passives you have, etc).
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Mar 20, 2014, 5:45:13 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Check his prismatic ring: 2% mana leech. That's all you need endgame.

+1 because my DPS is at a point where I hit appropriate mana leech with my 2% ring (and my passives/int/etc).
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
First up, excellent work, ty for that! Finally a build that I can trust bringing me into the late 90´s :-D.
Its just a breeze facetanking lvl75 meeps seeing all other peeps at your level drop like hell hrhr.

The corsair was rotting in stash, so I´m glad it has some use again. *g

I´m just wondering a bit about the maxlife I will be able to achieve with nonleg Kaoms...
Im now at 4.6k, level 80, on my way to Purity of Flesh Cluster, also missing the sweet duelist hp nodes yet.

Also my toons gear is far away from being optimal hp wise (and..like, at all^^ missing lots of chaos res).

Current gears:

Spoiler

I´m wondering if I will be able to achieve additional 3.4k hp within the next 15-20 levels.
Last edited by s0mosh on Mar 20, 2014, 8:39:43 PM
You can get to >7500 @ 100 which should work for you. It is rare I end up that low.
thanks for the explanation and hints i will try again my soultaker because i cannot get a sword like yours it is to expensive

but are those items you use the best or does it give any other rares which would be great?

ps: what aura is ES???
unfortunately i can not use reave with ST i have to use Double Strike
Last edited by bullitt on Mar 21, 2014, 7:10:07 AM
nevermind
Last edited by Vanafindon on Aug 23, 2014, 10:40:10 AM
@Vanafindon

Ill just answer you before Mortezzah...

You cant reach those exact stats without a legacy Kaoms so the HP is not achievable. A new Kaoms should be fine and I think will take you near (depends on the rest of your gear). Alternative is to use a rare 6L chest with high life which is a fair bit less HP but a lot more DPS. Can still tank if all your other gear slots have HP too.

I would say that one legacy piece worth getting is the aegis aurora with 4%. It makes your ES so much stronger than the new one.

I would say overall that if you want this to be half as tanky and effective as Mortezzah you need to invest a little. I have very good gear and relatively high DPS but I still cant tank -max 77/78 bosses like him.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info