[1.1.0] UPDATED [HC] Disciplus' 2H ST Mace Marauder - Easy, cheap and effective

"
vixenia wrote:

Thanks for the input bro, i'll keep at it then! A spectral throw build was what I wanted and it was either this or Ranger, but I think I like this more!

Good write up bud

Thank you :D

The ranger is a good choice too, the marauder just seems to work better for me. I really enjoy getting resolute technique so early, it just makes leveling a pleasure since I really like to ground slam for the first 45 levels or so.

Also as mentioned the marauder is near all the mace nodes and it is just so point efficient. I always feel like I'm getting important nodes and making progress in my tree.

Good luck with the build man, and don't be afraid to come to me with any question you may have about it :)
Man_Mode
Rather than use Blood Magic gems would you take Blood magic the passive?

Just wondering if you could kick up the DPS more by dropping those gems?
Last edited by Beeftain on Feb 26, 2014, 5:18:46 AM
"
Beeftain wrote:
Rather than use Blood Magic gems would you take Blood magic the passive?

Just wondering if you could kick up the DPS more by dropping those gems?

It's fine for leveling, but once you get into later cruel and into merciless your going to want the benefit of grace and hatred.

Simply put, no gems can offer what those two do. Since we grab Iron Reflexes, grace is a massive boost to our ability to survive. And hatred is going to offer more dps than any other skill gem I could add.
Man_Mode
good job, will be using this build in the new leagues.

also, free bump :D
"
risko wrote:
good job, will be using this build in the new leagues.

also, free bump :D

Thank you good sir, it is a great build to play in the new leagues. It doesn't require too much gear wise and is a lot of fun. If I hadn't already played it to 90, I'd be tempted to play it again.

If you have questions feel free to ask here or PM me, good luck :D
Man_Mode
Did you forget to level vulnerability, or are you keeping lvl 1 on purpose?
"
hatoblue wrote:
Did you forget to level vulnerability, or are you keeping lvl 1 on purpose?

The vulnerability and the enfeeble are not linked to a blood magic gem and being as I have most of my mana reserved by auras, I just leave them at level one.

I almost never use the vulnerability, and the enfeeble just slightly more often so leveling them and having the resources to continually cast them wasn't a priority for me.

It was something I wanted to work into the build but this setup served me very well so I never altered it. But it is by all means something that can be accomplished if needed.

Man_Mode
Thanks, I was thinking about a build to use to farm piety in the new league and I think I will go with this. I modified your build a bit to grab a bit more ele resists from the Sentinel notable and dropped the endurance charges since they aren't terribly necessary in Lunaris 3. Planning on running Purity of Elements/Hatred/Purity of Lightning with a lvl 19 Reduced Mana gem to stack even more resists, although hopefully my defence won't be too low from dropping Grace. Did a few runs on a level 66 marauder that I respecced and it's working pretty well at 10-12 minutes per run, but I expect it to go much faster once I grab a few more mace and damage nodes. For anyone interested, my altered 100 point build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7dlh892sqlcNcqlR5lnz0iF82bQvwBqezUE_kFWnMKeEAef3vhQgGjg26J_LUEfsOFivOlI62EZpeA0OPDJ-Tdipbg_MnjyMdmxGtfKmZIFvcmxuqjWSyZgEszIJSsj-j6xZFE3wHz8nTeOI8aIAqWgqTaZX52MVIDGe_gos6d0NkAr8xVuvVvpnoE4qGNuKIod2KaV08cDzSn0hYHz1QKDApgUtnrlgS3rvdO0=

Pretty happy with the build so far, hope the changes to the passive tree don't make it obsolete :D
Last edited by hatoblue on Mar 4, 2014, 12:56:46 AM
I have actually been playing around with stacking some MF on the character for piety farming, and it's not bad at all

Spoiler

Using the gear listed there, I was it about 170 rarity on weapon swap.

Dropping hatred and adding purity brought my dps down to 3500 (which is plenty for farming piety) and I was still sitting at 6.3k HP. All I changed on the tree was adding one 30 int node.

With a bit of gear investment and some tweaks to the tree you could probably stack quite a bit of MF on.
Man_Mode
"
Spectral Throw: this now deals 46% of weapon damage at level 1, but increases as it levels. By level 15 of the gem, you will dealing 60% of weapon damage.

Seems like Spectral Throw got nerfed for low levels but buffed at higher levels, which is great news for us. Now just to see what happened to mara starting nodes. Probably can't get Elemental Adaptation anymore, which is a bummer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info