Do you think PoE needs a "Loot 2.0" overhaul?

No, PoE is doing right. I really enjoy PoE loot progression.
#NeverGoing90
I don't like mods that will never be useful for the item level.

For instance, I found an Imperial staff with great physical damage mods, and then a +1 mana on kill. The staff is still cool, but how is +1 mana on kill ever going to be useful for any build in endgame?

Now, if the mod had been +30 mana on kill, or something like that, that could potentially be useful for certain builds.

I like the suggestion where all rolls that hit the oldest level mods get reset to some minimum level mod more suitable for the item level. The best stuff would be just as hard to get, but at least we'd stop seeing +1 mods on level 77 items.
And may the mods be ever in your favor.
"
Eight88 wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

You can craft with intent and get what you want, understanding if you can probably afford it in advance is essential, as is picking the right method of crafting for the given item. Some items like top tier phys daggers or wands are almost certainly going to be beyond you no matter what you do, something like a fairly decent life based chest armour is comparatively easy.

I dunno...based on my experience (I've only been playing for a bit over 3 months now, though I do play a lot) it's virtually impossible for the average player to craft anything with intent. Unless you're talking about adding sockets and linking them.

If I want to start with a rare item that hasn't rolled all 6 affixes and try to add the ones I want, I need multiple eternals and multiple exalts. I've seen one exalt drop in hundreds of hours of play, and never an eternal.

If I want to start with a white item, I need more of the above plus hordes of alts and regals. Alts of course are pretty common, but I think I've seen 4 regals drop, ever.

Like I said in a previous post, I think the idea of crafting in this game is cool, and can be very rewarding. Only a very small number of people ever really get to participate in it, though.

This is exactly my experience.

The only exceptions are that I've been playing longer; I've seen 3 exalts drop, rather than 1, and still no eternals.

Basically, what I see, is that the current system "forces" ("encourages", "prods") you to farm cruddy items to sell for cruddy currency, to trade for better currency
"
Xeju wrote:

The only exceptions are that I've been playing longer; I've seen 3 exalts drop, rather than 1, and still no eternals.

Basically, what I see, is that the current system "forces" ("encourages", "prods") you to farm cruddy items to sell for cruddy currency, to trade for better currency

Awful crafting and droprates simply promote hoarding of orbs and using it as gold.

What you do is farm, get vendor-trash rares/uniques, vendor them all for alt-shards and chaos recipe, change alterations to fusings at vendor, then trade fusings and chaos orbs for exalts = buy items with those exalts.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Xeju wrote:

Awful crafting and droprates simply promote hoarding of orbs and using it as gold.

What you do is farm, get vendor-trash rares/uniques, vendor them all for alt-shards and chaos recipe, change alterations to fusings at vendor, then trade fusings and chaos orbs for exalts = buy items with those exalts.

Doesn't sound like an aRPG, does it?
Doesn't really fit the whole exile thing either.
Seems to fit more to a real life economical/occupational/career/class thing.

I'm just so pleased I actually play PoE as an aRPG and ignore the economy completely. It's just a shame the developers thought to gate content and crafting behind the bizarre capitalist theme that is alien to a place like Wraeclast rather than be tied to the actual exile theme.

I'm ever confused at the designs GGG come up with.
Casually casual.

These complaints about wanting more drops, less RNG are exactly what screwed D3. You just want things. All the things. Loot is fine as it is.
"
I'm just so pleased I actually play PoE as an aRPG and ignore the economy completely. It's just a shame the developers thought to gate content and crafting behind the bizarre capitalist theme that is alien to a place like Wraeclast rather than be tied to the actual exile theme.

Bizarre capitalist theme? The economic flavor of PoE was exactly the catalyst that lured my interest towards PoE. I find trading to be far from "Bizarre".

It is a pretty natural conclusion that, when you have x amount of exiles with differing things, that they would go about trading to acquire their needs. Seems absolutely fitting.
Loot 2.0 is still piece of shit. Drops quality should scale around difficulty, not around RNGesus wish.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Well we did get a loot 2.0 to some extent with the corruption touching almost every aspect of it. I suppose though to keep pushing out large content updates every 4 months that was bound to happen.
I would love for an item to have a minimum required roll. Nothing too crazy; maybe half of the item level. To avoid rolling such low stats in 80+ content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info