@ GGG: Tidying up the Forums

I'm fine with threads being moved to the appropriate subforums, even when it comes to ones that have been in General (or wherever) for ages. But would you please consider making some kind of announcement or note? At least when moving the grand elders. It took me and others quite some time to find the German Corner in "Guild Recruitment/Seeking Other Players". And considering its new meaning, this subforum should be renamed to something like "Guilds & Communities". Don't forget to fit the subtitle accordingly ;)

And while we're on it, the "Item Showcase" could use some overhauling, too. Why not just call it "Items (non trade)" and move all the "should I exalt" threads there just as the "Map Management Resource", "Unique Item List" and others? And then move it from Community to General section.

I've seen people travel east, I've seen them go west.
Never have I seen so many monsters.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Quoting myself from this thread.

"
Alysma wrote:

First of all, I fully approve of threads being moved to better locations but I would really appreciate a more consistent approach and, when you are at it, that you finish the job. For example, the recent move of one of the most active non-english community general PoE discussion thread from "General" to "Guild Recruitment" while others, way less frequently used ones, are still in "General".
I did notice that there is now a "Community" section but why not make a "Round the World" subforum and move all of those threads there instead of putting a general PoE discussion thread in a forum where it not really fits (guild recruitment plays a very minor, occasional part in the 900+ pages of the "German Corner") while others are still all over the whole Forum (apart from General, there are ones in Off-Topic, in Gameplay Help and Gameplay General Discussion)?

On the problem of people just dumping everything into General: I would
- get rid of the drop-down menue for the Forum and send everyone to the index instead, just to make them aware how many sections there actually are.
- make the [search] box more visible. It should be the one with a bright button, not the [new thread] one.

TL;DR: Mods - good job but I think there's room for improvement regarding consistency and Forum structure/features. :-)

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I will note this down and look into it further.
Hello BEX, allow me to contribute.
When i make a thread on GD, and it has the time to reach 1-2 pages++, i feel okay when the thread get moved, i generally know when a thread will be moved so i am not "annoyed" about it.
But i can imagine other forum members not feeling good about having their freshly made thread moved.

So i suggest you give each GD thread a min time(time where it can cover 1.5 or 2 pages) before it get moved. Unless, ofc, there is no doubt that a thread does not belong to GD ( like a selling/shop thread). This or remove GD from the bar i guess...

Oh and i know you can't watch vids at work, so please check the tribunal part whenever you can here:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/191262/

[9:37-11:45]

People tend to forget their past, after each probation someone should have a fresh start, double punishing for
1. the mistake/misdeed and
2. because a member has been on probation in the past. Is really bad IMHO.
You can't be punished twice for something?
This system allow very toxic comments/behaviour to not be properly punished.. also.

Regards
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info