1.0.5b Patch Notes

"
Qarl wrote:
"
FINALBOSS wrote:
Pretty lame to nerf Cast on Death with minions if characters were actually dying to pull it off.

Shame.

Two thirds of the exploits with Cast on Death involved minions. Getting super zombies by dying several times in non-hardcore leagues was not ideal, getting super minions without death was even more problematic.

Minions with Cast on Death is one of those things that would keep coming back to haunt us again and again.

We are considering a dedicated cast on minion death option.

Yes, I understand the massive abuse of CoD with trap/mines producing insane spectres without dying.

I was just saying that actually using the gem as intended (by dying) to produce the spectres seemed fine and would have been nice to have this way remain in.
"
Cast on Death always felt like a gem designed purely to be used with minions. When I found out it didn't actually work with them, I was completely confused. The whole concept of the gem feels as if it missed the mark. Even in a PvP sense, it is asinine.

The gem literally has zero purpose now other than casting portal.
Cast on Death was a terrible idea because the only situations where it would be useful are exploitative by definition. If a skill isn't useful when attached to COD, nobody will use it. If a skill is useful when attached to COD, it's going to be very, very powerful.

Swing and a miss.
IRON MAN
Might as well just have it reduce the EXP loss on death.
I logged in, loaded my level 74 map up, then entered and get a message that in 5 minutes the server is restarting, please change the way this information is given to the player. develop a log-in notification when things like this are going on.
GG GGG
Massive overkill on CoD. If the multiplier was too large at high gem levels, then wouldn't the more sensible solution be to just reduce the multiplier? The fix basically destroyed an otherwise interesting interaction.

The mechanics of CoD + summon gems might not have been anticipated, but it's not as if it was some sort of exploit - the gems were used in a manner consistent with their design.

I hope significant buffs are coming in the Jan 29 update to minions, because they just took a fairly big hit.
No fix for barrage, eh. :( Will remain a useless skill until they tweak it...which is a shame, because it is such a fun idea. If each arrow were an individual attack, then it wouldn't be bad...be like the ranged equivalent of cyclone.
I'm happy to see cast on death working more like it was intended now.

It wont see much use but it's unavoidable (and probably a good thing) that some gems are unpopular.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
Cast on Death always felt like a gem designed purely to be used with minions.

I think GGG didnt even thought of minions use, when they designed it. They overlooked how it would be used, hence the quick change.
"
Stealthbug wrote:
Might as well just have it reduce the EXP loss on death.

Remove it completely. Those who want penalty on death already play hardcore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info