Inventory UI design/Premium Stash Tab criticism.

"
grasmann wrote:
Since I'm not playing hardcore, and don't participate in races I don't really need to find my stuff that fast, but a search function would be really nice.

I imagine it like this:
- You enter one or more search terms
- The attributes/names/types of the items are searched for these words
- The stash tabs that don't contain any items in question are greyed out
- The stash tabs that do contain items in question are coloured in their respective colour
- The items in question are coloured normal, the other items are greyed out
[Optional]
- Stash tabs that don't contain any items in question are hidden until the search terms are removed or the stash window was closed once.
EDIT:
To be able to provide a level for the search would also be nice, but actually it's not really neccessary imo. I could just search for all items.

Since I have 10 premium stash tabs anyways I don't really care if this is free, I just don't want to buy any additional stuff to have it XD.

Eh, some items are pretty grayscale already. I'd like to just see border highlighting. Temporary stash tab hiding is a nice touch though.
Last edited by Craptain on Feb 13, 2013, 1:05:48 PM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Craptain wrote:
A colored tab is hardly worth paying for.

That's why they call them "cosmetics". You don't really need colored tabs as they are not extremely helpful, but they sure look very nice.

I think a search function should be free, because such functionality doesn't fall into "cosmetics" anymore.

"
- Itemlevel should be somewhere on the item description mouseover, rather than needing a command to be entered.

Absolutely agree.

Excellent points.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
"
Craptain wrote:
Premium stash tabs. Currently on sale for a dollar.

The ability to rename and recolor the tab is a minor convenience at best. If anyone has been playing for consecutive months, and puts forth any effort to organize multiple stash tabs into custom categories, you quickly become calibrated, and muscle memory takes you to where you need to go depending on what youre looking for. A colored tab barely assists in this process, because you know (or should) where you stash x item in which tab. A colored tab is hardly worth paying for.

This is great for those that have a dozen stash tabs or so, but when you push a pretty hefty amount, 50+, naming and coloring coding the tabs is almost a must.

I would like a search function however.
GGG... where da search functions at?
"
virapp1612 wrote:
GGG... where da search functions at?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info