My serious suggestion : Close Suggestions forum

I already quote a suggestion who has been heard ( my sign).

"
bredin wrote:
"

Other than that, quote me a single suggestion made in suggestion forum that has been used by GGG.

Something I know I suggested, and was probably suggested by others, that was implemented in the game:
Removing nametags from dropped loot in Allocated (non-ffa) loot options.

Next?

B.

Feedback is different from suggestion.

"
Moeeom123 wrote:
noticed too:) when chris told where he's active on the poe site, he mentioned like patch notes posts, general chat, reddit ,etcetc, but not suggestion forum:P Well ok he's a busy businessman, but at least some other developers could read this forum and send further the best suggestions.. instead close this, there's already 1000000000000000 unread suggestions

The way i see it is:
Support read every suggestion and if one of them catch its eyes it gets moved to a "higher authority". This or random devs read random suggestions for an overall of 50% suggestions read.
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
"
I already quote a suggestion who has been heard ( my sign).

"
bredin wrote:
"

Other than that, quote me a single suggestion made in suggestion forum that has been used by GGG.

Something I know I suggested, and was probably suggested by others, that was implemented in the game:
Removing nametags from dropped loot in Allocated (non-ffa) loot options.

Next?

B.

Feedback is different from suggestion.

Yes it is.

Feedback describes the play experience.
Suggestion describes how play could be different.

I'm not sure what you were trying to get at, though, since its clear that the suggestion to remove names from drops was implemented; ie this is how play could be different and why its a good idea.

B.

edit; come to that loot options got implemented from user suggestions, despite the stated stance of GGG.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Last edited by bredin on Jan 19, 2014, 7:03:21 AM
"
Wow i was wrong, there is actually one suggestion who has been read, and it was one of mine:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787

I'm not going to say I disagree with OP, because I don't. But there's definitely examples of GGG taking unrequested suggestion, for better or worse. I suggested the trade forums be divided up into buying and selling and a few days later they were.

Also, wasn't blood rage a direct rip from the suggestions forum? Eternal orbs are another suggestion taken from the fora.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Feb 22, 2014, 5:42:24 AM
"
Hello,

Why? Because:

1. Devs have no longer time to read any suggestion.
2. Even if they did, your suggestion is probably bad.
3. Your suggestion could be good but it's.. it' bad! Bad suggestion. Because you don't know what are GGG plans in game design ( your suggestion may already be planned or might become very bad in consequence of balance changes coming next patch(s) or in consequence of the changes occuring when a new thing will be implemented next expansion.)

The only time when a suggestion was heard is when Chris asks for it:
Introduction of ways allowing you to use an orb/scroll without repeating click-use cycle.
Changes in act 3 merciless areas levels.
polls.

They read all of the suggestions all the time. I dont get your suggestion, which is actually a paradox. You cant say they have no time to read suggestions when you make this suggestion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info