1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Bump. Standing behind NinjaArabStrategists words.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
You build has been working like a charm (getting a bit harder in merciless but that's my gear more than anything).

Anyway, i was wondering if going for Iron Reflexes is worth it? at lvl 58 atm. Gonna cost me around 6 skillpoints, but with having taken unwavering stance i feel my 800 some evasion is completely wasted :L

my current build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBS0OPA_MEuEUIBRxGS4aOBznIPAn1SftKLUyCTpSOthAoETnUEdQUFRJVgRXDVhjWfNfP2BLYIhhUmoeajtyqXTteu97jHzZhmCMz5BVkc6ezZ_LouqmZKcwp4SoGKyqud277cAaxFjG2MmY0iHZYd7B37_kredS7DjvDu9O8i_z3fZI974=

Other than that :) thanks a bundle
Beat merciless piety last night, now I'm having trouble consistently farming without dying and I don't want to go back to ledge! :(

3000 Life
80 Fire res
80 Light res
65 Cold res
-44 Chaos res (I dont farm anything that has chaos dmg though so np for now)
17% phys res (like 47% with max endurance charges) (maybe my armor is way too low??)
3200 heavy strike dps
1600 ground slam dps

any tips from marauders who are doing fine with farming end game?
I'm a one week newbie here and I want to give a thank you for the build. I will use this on my first character here. :D I hope it works out. I will keep you posted.

Thank you again,
Kenaustin
Thank you for this build. Just started the game and was having trouble on my Ranger. But I am having a lot of fun on my Marauder now. Thanks again and keep up the good work!
"
alexvsevil wrote:
Beat merciless piety last night, now I'm having trouble consistently farming without dying and I don't want to go back to ledge! :(

3000 Life
80 Fire res
80 Light res
65 Cold res
17% phys res (like 47% with max endurance charges) (maybe my armor is way too low??)
3200 heavy strike dps
1600 ground slam dps

what level are you? your life and armor are kind of low. at level 67 with max endurance charges i can hit the physical damage reduction cap. your dps could use a boost as well, but you're always going to look to make that higher. i do 4700 heavy strike and 2800 ground slam for example, and i still feel like it's kind of low compared to other people near my level.

i've only done a couple of maps with this character but so far he hasn't had any problems, unless it's the ranged spellcasters that fire an additional 5 projectiles. ugh.
IGN ProfessorBeefcakes/ImTooSexyForMyCleave
Last edited by Tharkun on Feb 15, 2013, 3:00:13 AM
Played that guide to lvl 60 (A3 Merci start). Some feedback:

You have no gear in your stash?
You wear lvl 28 items in merciless?
You have no expensive skill gems?
No orbs to trade with?
Your are happy to finaly have one 4L item?

This guide is perfect for you

It does great getting you through the game and helps you to get some gear and some orbs to trade with! You can do everything solo with no problem just well ... slowly, carefully. Its like a truck.... gets you everywhere you want - but it takes some time to reach your destination.

Started a Ele Bow templar after my maradauder with the gear i found and its kind of shocking: areas my marauder would need 10 minutes, my templar clears in 2 minutes and it feels quite as safe (even with 1200 HP less) with that totally crazy LOH form LA/LMP/Chain. But that just works because my maraudar got the gear for my second char (the 5L, the orbs for Chain, etc.).
Last edited by return33 on Feb 15, 2013, 3:57:43 AM
"
Tharkun wrote:
"
alexvsevil wrote:

3000 Life
80 Fire res
80 Light res
65 Cold res
3200 heavy strike dps
1600 ground slam dps

what level are you? your life and armor are kind of low. at level 67 with max endurance charges i can hit the physical damage reduction cap. your dps could use a boost as well, but you're always going to look to make that higher. i do 4700 heavy strike and 2800 ground slam for example, and i still feel like it's kind of low compared to other people near my level.

i've only done a couple of maps with this character but so far he hasn't had any problems, unless it's the ranged spellcasters that fire an additional 5 projectiles. ugh.

Im at level 65 and yeah some of my pieces are missing Health. I just picked up a meginord's girdle but that actually gave me less life than my rare belt -___- but it improves my dps and i know it will scale as my health goes up so maybe i should keep it? (i got it for like half of what it goes for so i could flip it if it's not a sort of 'gg tier 1 end game belt') it's SO hard to find an upgrade to my weapon, too...i grabbed one with like 450 dps but 1.20 attacks per second and my dps only increased slightly, and i get less life back from ground slam so it wasnt really worth the 3 gcp. frustrating!
Last edited by alexvsevil on Feb 15, 2013, 4:13:22 AM
"
alexvsevil wrote:
Im at level 65 and yeah some of my pieces are missing Health. I just picked up a meginord's girdle but that actually gave me less life than my rare belt -___- but it improves my dps and i know it will scale as my health goes up so maybe i should keep it? (i got it for like half of what it goes for so i could flip it if it's not a sort of 'gg tier 1 end game belt') it's SO hard to find an upgrade to my weapon, too...i grabbed one with like 450 dps but 1.20 attacks per second and my dps only increased slightly, and i get less life back from ground slam so it wasnt really worth the 3 gcp. frustrating!

meginord's doesn't have +max life on it so you'll need to supplement with other items. i suppose you should really just try to farm docks for a couple of levels. area level is 62 so on magic/rare enemies you'll have a decent chance of getting gear appropriate to your level. IIR/IIQ gear helps, items just drop like candy from the massive packs of magical skeletons/archers/voidbearers.

aside from that, if you're running only 6 endurance charges you'll need a lot more armor to start doing maps as well. the rares and uniques there do quite a hefty chunk of damage. i run 8 and i still want more armor/health, ever since a bear took out half my HP with single punch.
IGN ProfessorBeefcakes/ImTooSexyForMyCleave
Last edited by Tharkun on Feb 15, 2013, 7:14:34 AM
Should I get a new chest piece? current one has like 90 health and various resists including chaos but only 500 armor. I've seen armor pieces get up to like 1200 so maybe I should try to get something with huge armor and life and no resists and make up for the res with endurance charges (im maxed out even without a single charge anyway)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info