1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
jirkamcz wrote:

You wasted 1 str node above the marauder armor nodes, this and the 6 resist nodes gives you 7 points.

With those I would go for the 3 big nodes Amplify, Enforcer, Discipline and Training in Templar Area.

Save Leather and Steel for later.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
This guide is absolutely brilliant.
Currently lvl 62 and i'm doing like 2300 DpS on groundslam and i have atleast 3.2k hp and maxed resists on merciless.
Just wanted to say that :p
Much appreciated for us newbies ;D
This was my first guide I followed, and after following it diligently, I hit a wall. After playing other chars, I came back to my level 80 marauder and sunk about 20 orbs of regrets and respeccing him a bit.

Now he has doesnt' have
1) Blood Magic

and has picked up
1) Vaal Pact
2) Iron Reflexes

I still have
1) Unwavering Stance &
2) Resolute Technique

I am running Hatred and Determination as mana auras. My trapper friends run Grace.

Can I get any of the forum members to comment on my build? How can I optimise this further? I'm thinking of

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecEsw_MEuEUIBRNGJEZLho4GlUbyCECIVUn7Si1KS4ppSo4KvYxnjIJNZI26DkOOtg9_EE_QzFHfkrITdhN404qUEdQUFHmVw1YY1ivWfNeE2BLYSFko2VNZ1hnm2xGbmluqnJscql07XgNeu97jHy4fNmBb4M4hNmE74dqjHaQVZBsnjyezZ_LogCi6qZXpmSnMKeEqWipbqmUrKq0L7XytkG53b6nwBrG2MmY0iHUj9lh3sHkrew47w7vTu988i_z3fe-_o8=

Another question I have is: Are the weapon elemental damage nodes (and Catalyse) near the templar region worth taking over Armor and Energy Shield (especially since I have almost zero energy shield)?
@Nivled
Weapon elemental dmg nodes are useless unless you have elemental dmg on your weapon or use skills that convert phys dmg to some sort of elemental dmg. Overall your tree looks ok but not optimal in some areas.

Eventually I guess you can get rid of the remaining diamond skin node you have. The path you took to IR is not optimal and you should go via Leather and Steel..youve kinda wasted 6 skill points to travel to IR...get your Dex on gear if you really need it. Also not quite sure why you skipped the steel skin cluster? Btw you also have a life regen node still taken at the start of your tree. Remove that as youre using VP to get back one point...

My tree for reference -
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzD8wS4RQgFE0YkRkuGjgb-iECIVUl3yftKLUpLio4KvYt0jGeMgk1kjboOQ462D38QT9HfkrITdhN41BHUeZXDVhjWK9Z8185YSFlTWdYZ5tsRm5pbqpybHKpeA17jHy4fNmBb4M4hNmHaojxjHaQVZ2AnjyezZ_LogCi6qQZplemZKcwp4SpaKlurFmsqrQvtfK53b2Bvoq-p8APwBrEuMbYyZjKkNIh0k3Uj9X42WHd497B4urkrew47w7vTu98893-jw==

What Im interested is however how you use both determination and hatred when you havent even taken mana flows? How do you sustain your mana or have enough to GS? Guess posting your gear would help.

@jirkamcz

Yes amplify is def worth it for you as you dont use mahori maul so your AoE can always do with a little help. Leather and steel is good too but can save for later. The aim is to use zero resistance nodes and get it all on gear instead towards the end game.
Last edited by kurOsawa79 on Feb 3, 2014, 4:27:39 AM
Hi all, and thank you for the build ;).

I found this bad boy, however, I got a feeling the elemental damage is useless.
Please let me know guys .. so I can upgrade asap.

Thank you,

Andy
Yes, this is one of the "looks better than it is" weapons.

The physical damage scales with your strength and passive tree damage nodes, the elemental part just sits there and doesn't get multiplied. It's a static bonus and therefor doesn't add too much DpS.

For a weapon to be viable at all, you need:

*high %dmg roll (like you have)
*high flat damage roll (that's missing)
*attackspeed (yours is ok)

Just enter these 3 specifications in poe.xyz search engine (or even easier: enter a high pdps number) and search for upgrades.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
@RGVsUrTexas
The elemental portion is a bit useless for this build and the maul itself is fairly low dps. If at all possible get mauls with #-# phys dmg, +%phys dmg and atk speed %.

EDIT: or like Peter says above ^
Last edited by kurOsawa79 on Feb 4, 2014, 3:40:25 AM
Is mace really that much better than axe for this build? I really wanted to go axe :(.

New player here just started on HC.
"
grimmrock wrote:
Is mace really that much better than axe for this build? I really wanted to go axe :(.

New player here just started on HC.

Maces like the OP says do more damage than axes.
i started playing POE 2 weeks ago as a marauder and now on lvl 70.

i'm capped on all resist and only -25 chaos atm, still need to get some better gear but thats oke.
here is my skill tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5w_MEtkUIBUgFm8YkRkuGYUaOBo-G_odFCECITQhVSSqJd8n7SmlKk0q9izpMZ41kjboNuk5Djs7PydBP0rITeNOKlBHUFBR5lRJVcZYY1ivWfNbr18_YMRmnmegbqpyqXgNe4x82YTZjM-PRpBVn8ukGaZXpmSnMKeEqW6sqrQvtfK53b6KwBrBBMbYyZjPZdDQ1I_cPd0N42rnUu8O8azyL_ZI97760vzF_o8=

and my gear:
Spoiler

as for skills i'm using cyclone (damn nice farm with it :p) and with life leech on this fast hitting skill i'm almost unkillable. if i get to harder areas i just put in life on hit on the link to get even more life on hit.
For auras im mostly using hatred-grace but for hard areas i go for grace-determination or grace-vitality

i got around 3.7k hp atm with my current gear and do 4.2k dps with cyclone-life leech-melee phys dmg-blood magic link

i find this build has good life and damage as 2h mace build and with just a few changes(around 3-4nodes) you can even use it as 1h mace build.

i'm running all content without troubles and can even easily solo lvl 66-67 maps.

i hope my build can inspire/help newer players then me ;)
Last edited by Fir3man on Feb 4, 2014, 11:37:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info