Nemesis One Week Race

"
TyrusDark wrote:
"
Granhammer wrote:
"
ruFFa wrote:
lol all those ppl QQ
GIMME DEMI'S FROM KILLING HILLOCK BRO, ITS SO HARD!!! PLS! IT TAKES SO LONG TO PLAY THIS GAME.
ADD POINTS FOR LVL 60 LOOOL because you hit lvl 60 in 5-7hours without even pushing hard.

OH EM GE go play farmville guys

Just because you and others can reach lvl 60 in 5-7 hours dosent mean that everybody else can. Maybe other people have a Family of their own with kids and stuff. Just because you live in your parrents basement or in a room in the attic and have no life outside the door to your room it dosent mean everybody else dont.
Technically your total play time should have nothing to do with your ability to rush levels over short periods, that's a question of understanding the strategy and tactics of the race environment compared to normal PoE (hint I wrote a thread that explains the first 2 acts in detail).

I'm not sure 60 in 5 hours is completely reasonable (32 in 2h, sure, but the levels slow down a lotttt after that, and the builds that get the first 32 levels often aren't the ones that survive until 60+, but then, I'm not elite like that)

Even so, the race season as a whole caters to exactly your complaint: they are generally short duration, spread across multiple time zones, and have reward tiers accessible to virtually everybody who has any idea what they're doing at all. (For that matter, totally clueless people can even get the first 2 or maybe 3 reward tiers without ever managing to beat even merveil just by playing 2h races.)

edit: and if you want to cast aspersions about people living in basements (which I certainly don't), it's not my fault you decided to pop out some babies and then complain that not all games cater to your lifestyle choices.

As I said. I really dont care about race rewards and you are absoloutely right about that casuals/random people can get their hands on the first 2 or 3 maybe even a bit higher rewards just doing some of the 2 hour races. We ca cetainly agree on that.

But it was this one week race I talked about which only rewards the usual top end players. In the season races everybody has a chance to get one of the top rewards by chance which I find good. Many casuals know that they will never end in top 20 or 50 but still have a chance for a bigger rewards item.

On another note I dont seem to recall to have said that you lived in a basement but I guess that you must feel that you are one of those players WHO dosent do anything else but play 24/7 or close to that. And I really dont care how you choose to live your life, basement, attic, own house, rented appartment or if you still live at home. So please stop telling me how to live mine. I didnt complain that the game dont fit my lifestyle. In fact I am quite happy about the time I can spend on this game which I enjoy. I said that I understood people that didnt have as much time as people living at their parrents house, in their basements, attic or whatever or even people living all by themselves not having anybody to share their time with and can go all in on this great game.

Now have a merry X-mas and enjoy whatever you choose to spend your time on it being POE, Friends & Family or all 3 just get the best out of your time :)
Last edited by Granhammer on Dec 24, 2013, 10:49:55 AM
Not surprised by the reward structure. Am surprised by others being surprised though. This is how pretty much every single 1week race has ever gone. They simply don't appear to care about making good 1weeks.
The timing, type, and reward structure are all a joke. So much potential to try some crazy stuff and its never taken advantage of. I just don't get it.
So if you die you dont even get points? I mean playing 6 days and die high level character its all a waste of time then? You kiding? Well not many players will play then lol

Its a really nice idea to combine nemesis and domination features in one but really SADLY i can not find a good reason to play it. Shrines are too rare and the most important thing is that i cannot win anyway!

Why 2 demigods for each of the top 20 ????
why do they need two of those items - really great stuff GGG -.-
As some others said: you could at least have made 60 people happy but you chose 40....

And for casual players - why should they seriously compete in that race?
ONLY and really ONLY the 40 players get a reward.....I guess it seems to be more sencefull to level my standard character.... really sad actually
Last edited by ANGELofDESPAIR on Dec 24, 2013, 11:43:31 AM
delay 12/24h or RIOT
nice i am not living in a basement i left my parents long time ago i life with my gf and if you dont got time for 1weekrace and you dont like the rewards, why should ggg change it? just dont play it ez, if not enough ppl will participate in 1week they ll change it in the next one.
i know you are mad because you play this Complex game as a casual. but i dont care i dont want you to get demis for free! even if you got kids, i dont care! other ppl dont got kids! if you choose a game over your kids THEN GG.
Standartleague is open for you guys! = ) NOREWARDS AT ALL HF

merry xmas
ign : ruffa_dualstorm
"
ruFFa wrote:
nice i am not living in a basement i left my parents long time ago i life with my gf and if you dont got time for 1weekrace and you dont like the rewards, why should ggg change it? just dont play it ez, if not enough ppl will participate in 1week they ll change it in the next one.
i know you are mad because you play this Complex game as a casual. but i dont care i dont want you to get demis for free! even if you got kids, i dont care! other ppl dont got kids! if you choose a game over your kids THEN GG.
Standartleague is open for you guys! = ) NOREWARDS AT ALL HF

merry xmas

You seem a little confused. The bulk of people complaining about the prize structure aren't even wanting demis. They are wanting a larger prize pool whether it be minor prizes or perhaps UI/item customization stuff. This doesn't mean everyone gets a participation prize. It just means more than 40 people racing will get a reward.

You say they'll just change it in the next one if not enough people play in this one week. Well, considering the status quo of race rewards, they likely won't be changing anything.

Hell, even in a poker tournament the top 15-20% of players get a payout. If the prize system is turning people away from participating in the race, that is bad for everyone.

"just don't plsy it ez" is a pretty weak statement being that the game's survival requires people to play it. If certain features result in a net loss of players, "just don't play it ez" isn't really solving anything.

Personally, I just like the new economy that comes along with one week. Makes the game significantly more refreshing to play. The reward system probably needs some rethinking though. Wouldn't really consider it a priority when playing the game should be reward enough if playing the game is fun. Still warrants more discussion than, "stop QQ. dont play bi bi."
The timing on this is pretty bad, I'm in highschool and as far as I know most schools go back go januraury 3-6th perhaps a bit longer in other countries besides U.S.

Sorry for complaining but i go back on the 5th so no way am I going to be able to go for the 15-22 Hours Most HC players go for Oh well though, we all miss some. just poor timing in general i feel like this would be a lot better if timed correctly.

I'm FINE with the rewards, i'm happy with no rewards I just enjoy seeing my name up on the leaderboards :P

Merry Christmas and Happy new years to all!
ye and i wasnt answering to this guys, i was just talking about demis. the guys who are like " i have no time i have a life but i still want demis because i got kids".
I WANT A OLYMPIC MEDAL but i dont got time for it because i am playin poe and going to the college gimme one for free!
thats their attitude.

and on your topic. there wont be like microtransaction points for any race ever! they will destroy their incoming because everyone would speculate to win points rather then buying them ;).
and its offseason even so what should you get? iam pretty sure there will be like random rewards tricrone and stuff.

a mate even complaining about too many demis!!! he should come here to and QQ
i play this game for fun and adrenalin i am not mad when i dont get any demis thats the game.
ign : ruffa_dualstorm
"
ruFFa wrote:
ye and i wasnt answering to this guys, i was just talking about demis. the guys who are like " i have no time i have a life but i still want demis because i got kids".
I WANT A OLYMPIC MEDAL but i dont got time for it because i am playin poe and going to the college gimme one for free!
thats their attitude.

and on your topic. there wont be like microtransaction points for any race ever! they will destroy their incoming because everyone would speculate to win points rather then buying them ;).
and its offseason even so what should you get? iam pretty sure there will be like random rewards tricrone and stuff.

a mate even complaining about too many demis!!! he should come here to and QQ
i play this game for fun and adrenalin i am not mad when i dont get any demis thats the game.

Yeah I hear you. I would never expect their microtrans points to be rewarded. Could possibly have a specific reward from the microtrans pool or a skill skin reward specific to the race. Or something along those lines.

But yeah, overall it's just good to see the race system being implemented for short term leagues. Keeps the game fresh.
Last edited by Cataract on Dec 24, 2013, 12:56:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info