New weapon ipd recipes

New recipe at work, who's mad?

Rithz is mad. :D

I only got it at lvl 26 because I was under the misconception that you need an augment for the new recipe /facepalm. Could have had it much earlier.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
This recipe seems too easily completed compared to the value of its results.

It's one thing to reduce RNG. It's another thing to replace it. This recipe seems more like the latter.
I think that the blue rustic and rare rustic recipes may be a little over the top. I would be fine with just the white rustic recipe existing.
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
These recipes would be replacing rng if they could roll as well as a strong rare, which they cant. As is they just even out the massive gap between godly rare weapon and blue-with-no-damage-mods weapon. Im surprised anyone would be against this.
IGN: KoTao
"
If you start reducing RNG layers, ultimately it becomes: "i didnt get X" where X is the only thing you need and aren't guaranteed to get.
So instead of "i was lucky here and unlucky there", its "i needed only this one thing, and i didnt get it"

I might be wrong about this but idk...we'll see...

I believe it is the common consensus that the player who deserves to win a race is the player who performs the best, rather than the player who is the luckiest. I think racers are bothered by RNG when they make better decisions and execute in game actions more skillfully than another player, but still lose to that other player because of bad luck finding/rolling items (I know I can be frustrated by this from time to time).

It is my opinion that these new recipes reduce the advantage of luck over skill. Yes, I will still lose to an equally skilled player who gets the lucky attack speed augment when I do not. However, a significantly less skilled player who has significantly better luck than me, can no longer beat me so easily.

For example: if a less skilled player than myself finds Limbsplit and I transmute stun duration on my woodsplitter, well then I am going to fall very far behind because it takes me so much longer to kill mobs. Now I can at least get a 2nd tier ipd roll and use my skill advantage to make up for the other players luck advantage so to speak.

TLDR (summary)
In my opinion, with new recipes, outcome of races are determined less by luck and more by skill/performance than previously (though luck still plays a factor). This is a good thing.
Last edited by cobaIt on Dec 24, 2013, 10:35:29 PM
First race I do after the new recipe is introduced, I get literally 0 augmentations in the entire 2 hour race. No 6 mod items to vendor. Could have saved up 4 transmutes for it I guess, but there's no way that's worth it. I guess auging it doesn't really matter though, attack speed the only suffix you can hit.

Does anyone know whether or not the new item you get maintains the quality of the weapon you vendor?

"
KoTao wrote:
These recipes would be replacing rng if they could roll as well as a strong rare, which they cant. As is they just even out the massive gap between godly rare weapon and blue-with-no-damage-mods weapon. Im surprised anyone would be against this.

True to a certain extent, but getting a GG rare weapon is a really cool feeling. Sure, it's all RNG/luck, but that's what makes it exciting to roll.

On the other hand, this new recipe makes getting a rare rustic sash a bit OP. It's probably worth alching a rustic sash instead of a weapon if you're sitting there with a white spectral sword. I think that is a bit ridiculous. Guaranteeing a 70-89% phys roll is maybe over the top. I would like it better if it was just the white rustic sash recipe, or maybe the white and magic.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on Dec 25, 2013, 1:16:29 AM
"
koticgood wrote:

Does anyone know whether or not the new item you get maintains the quality of the weapon you vendor?

Yes it does, and you don't need augmentation orbs for this recipe.
Just sash and whetstone.
"
boof wrote:
"
koticgood wrote:

Yes it does, and you don't need augmentation orbs for this recipe.
Just sash and whetstone.

Ya just tested in the 2 hr. 17% two-handed sword kept the quality. And I meant getting an augmentation to throw a suffix on.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
"
KoTao wrote:

No one will alch a weapon ever again.
Even though you could get a rare weapon better than your blue one with a wicked prefix, the chances of that happening are abysmal.

Alchs will be used on rustic sashes and no matter how good they are, they will be thrown at the vendor. If you already have a weapon, they will be used on jewelry or gloves/boots.
I don't use any vendor recipes when I race and I hit over 1000 points easily this season and it was my first season. Maybe I should learn some of these handy things..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info