New weapon ipd recipes

First, I really like the the way you guys are removing rng from racing one step at a time. Everyone knows how frustrating it is to have a great run ruined by bad RNG. Keep up the good work on this. (Movement speed next please!)

One big problem I have is the timing you guys introduced these things. It is totally insane that you guys added these recipes with only FIVE signature races left in the season. This drastically changes balance regarding leap slam classes and any physical weapon dependent class really. I really wish you guys would have waited until the end of the season to implement these recipes, and I hope I do not get burned as well as many others because of it.

This is the equivalent to changing Descent balance in season 3. You guys were super opposed to it even early in the season... What changed your philosophy on these things?
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
Isn't the new IPD recipe a rare rustic, blacksmith and a blue weapon?

I guess the new strat is save blacksmith and alch, then alch rustic and do recipe for IPD. What's the min roll on IPD if you do the recipe?

edit: just checked.

white rustic: 20-49 ipd
blue rustic: 50-69 ipd
yellow rustic: 70-89 ipd

and it seems like it works on white weapons aswell, so that's pretty nuts.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 23, 2013, 6:04:31 PM
Agreed, but Hybris, they could give a Limbsplit to everyone at the beach and still no one could match your rng.

Also thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Apparently you have to actively browse reddit and or forums to find out details not listed in the patch notes.

Hmm actually, this was probably the one thing missing from alkaizer's bag of tricks. You might get burned D:
Last edited by boof on Dec 23, 2013, 6:24:27 PM
Blood rage > Limbsplit !
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
Whetstone before brutus or riot Kappa
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
"
boof wrote:

Also thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Apparently you have to actively browse reddit and or forums to find out details not listed in the patch notes.

Alternatively you could just read all my posts. I'm like a fountain of wisdom, dropping knowledge bombs on the reg.

day9 a narcissist? bitch, please.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Hey guys, we just added this cool +1 gems recipe so spells can compete vs melee in racing.
It only requires a strictly blue wand, an alt and a res ring matching the type you want.

JK! Here's an IPD recipe than you can use with any weapon, any rustic sash and a whetstone.

Kappa
Last edited by tagpt on Dec 23, 2013, 7:17:41 PM
"
tagpt wrote:
Hey guys, we just added this cool +1 gems recipe so spells can compete vs melee in racing.

my dream of finally having a viable caster specc for templars (flameblast) again only lasted until this evening when i heard news of the recipe
RIP #thedream
"
tagpt wrote:
It only requires a strictly blue wand, an alt and a res ring matching the type you want.

JK! Here's an IPD recipe than you can use with any weapon, any rustic sash and a whetstone.

Kappa

witches get stitches

Kappa
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Welcome to Path of Serrated Jade Choppers and Wicked Poleaxes and Double Axes.

Interestingly enough, these types of changes favor map hackers even more...
When you have a game with various layers of RNG, removing 1 layer will just make the remaining layers more relevant.

Edit: To elaborate on why i dont like this change:

I think adding vendor recipes should be done to balance racing, not just for the sake of removing RNG.

Now everyone gets a good weapon to farm Docks. So now you want to roll attack speed on your gear.
Should they add a recipe for attack speed?

If you start reducing RNG layers, ultimately it becomes: "i didnt get X" where X is the only thing you need and aren't guaranteed to get.
So instead of "i was lucky here and unlucky there", its "i needed only this one thing, and i didnt get it"

I might be wrong about this but idk...we'll see...
Last edited by tagpt on Dec 23, 2013, 8:48:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info