The Blazing Build

"
Elsahr wrote:
"
Izuria wrote:
"
jrsyn wrote:
actually Redbeak does not increase RF damage. Would be better just use the searing torch.

Have you actually tested this? I haven't myself, but a ton of guides say it works so I trust that.

Have you considered using the additional curse ring, OP? I know you're already dealing a lot of damage, but I can't help but to think at this point getting flamability/ele weakness would boost your DPS by a ridiculous amount.

Yeah Redbeaks are working for sure, I tested this many times last week.

I thought about dual cursing, my damage would be higher, but it slows my clearspeed to much.

Hmm.. Perhaps with a +3 fire gem dagger, using Cyclone w/ curse on hit and 2 curses. It would require some mana regen though and probably RT to make it more fluent.

On Scion vs Maurader.. It seems you could save a point (+16 max life).

Super nice build btw. Really good use of snapshotting.

EDIT: Would you say this is viable for HC? Like have you died many times? I realize you're super tanky, but no leech and no stunning in melee range could become troublesome in some scenarios.
Last edited by Izuria on Dec 23, 2013, 7:13:11 AM
"
Izuria wrote:
Hmm.. Perhaps with a +3 fire gem dagger, using Cyclone w/ curse on hit and 2 curses. It would require some mana regen though and probably RT to make it more fluent.

On Scion vs Maurader.. It seems you could save a point (+16 max life).

Super nice build btw. Really good use of snapshotting.

EDIT: Would you say this is viable for HC? Like have you died many times? I realize you're super tanky, but no leech and no stunning in melee range could become troublesome in some scenarios.

You need to wear a wand, so Frenzy is a ranged attack. The other problem is, I don' really like Cyclone without stun imun. :/ (desync op)
Yeah its super tanky and for sure viable in HC. I have died 15 times yet, but this character was also the testing character, so I only died below level 70 i think.
Kaoms heart is necessary or could I replace it with other unique/rare itemswith specific attributes?
"
Undersent wrote:
Kaoms heart is necessary or could I replace it with other unique/rare itemswith specific attributes?

I already got this asked often (probably a question for the FAQ), Koam's Hearts isn't really needed, I also started small with this chest:

Just fix your resistance and get high life on chest than, armour is also fine.
Last edited by Elsahr on Dec 23, 2013, 8:25:31 AM
To OP nice guide here. Could you also add a section where which map mods this build is weak against? such as min max resist/elemental weakness etc.

It would help alot for people considering mapping with the build.
Can you wear the vine circlet for pain attunement when casting RF and remove it later?
IGN: Sin
"
Can you wear the vine circlet for pain attunement when casting RF and remove it later?

The damage of Righteous Fire doesn't stack with increased/more spell damage mods.

"
youkay wrote:
To OP nice guide here. Could you also add a section where which map mods this build is weak against? such as min max resist/elemental weakness etc.

It would help alot for people considering mapping with the build.

Already working on it! :)
Could you show me proof that Damage over time nodes infact, do work on RF. Also yout passive tree seems really sub optimal. You would benefit some much from having 7 endurance charges as you have to be in melee range with RF. Also not picking up Unwavering stance just blows my mind. You spend so many points on +10 dex nodes when they could be better spent on +10srt nodes. You clearly focus around high burn dmg, yet you pick up frenzy charges!?
Last edited by serlokki on Dec 23, 2013, 11:02:47 AM
-I have added the "Map mods" section.

"
serlokki wrote:
Could you show me proof that Damage over time nodes infact, do work on RF.

Burning damage is a degeneration effect, degeneration is also called Damage over time.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Burning

"As a degeneration effect,..."

"
serlokki wrote:
You would benefit some much from having 7 endurance charges as you have to be in melee range with RF.

The reduction from 3 Endurance charges is enough to take small/medium hits, I did some 77/78 and never got damaged hard. Reducing big hits would cost the build to much points, I would rather go for life nodes.

"
serlokki wrote:
Also not picking up Unwavering stance just blows my mind.

The difference between normal builds that are staying in melee range and the Blazing build, is you are still dealing damage while stunned. You also will not get stunned often with so much life.

"
serlokki wrote:
You spend so many points on +10 dex nodes when they could be better spent on +10srt nodes. You clearly focus around high burn dmg, yet you pick up frenzy charges!?

I need to get all efficient Frenzy charges with less points, and also getting enough dex for gems, for min/maxing the benefits from the Blood Dance boots.

I hope I could helped you with all those answers! :)
Last edited by Elsahr on Dec 23, 2013, 11:26:06 AM
Is there a reason you chose to calculate your DPS with 8000 life when in your videos you are only casting RF with 6400 life?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info