[1.1.X] Dual Claws Essentia Sangui Elemental Spectral Thrower (Video included)

Do you think is it good for a first char in the new leauge?
"
Leifstream wrote:
Do you think is it good for a first char in the new leauge?

Definitively. Its not a very gear dependent build. With Anger, Wrath and 2 decent claws, you'll deal very good damage. Dual Strike and Spectral Throw is an amazing combo for killing stuff. Dual Strike for rares/uniques/bosses and Spectral Throw for packs. Its pretty efficient. You should be able to reach 50k dps wtih Dual Strike without much trouble and 10-12k with Spectral Throw.

Defensively, most of the defense comes from passives and the Grace aura. With average gear, its easy to get 47% chance to block (57% with dual Essentia Sangui), 10k armor (which translate into 50% physical damage reduction) and about 5k health (Life/ES together). Once you get some decent gear, you'll be hard to stop.

I'm a little surprised that this guide isn't getting more attention. Its probably my most powerful build and I've made a lot (6-7+). Yet, its also my least popular.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
"
Velkor wrote:
I'm a little surprised that this guide isn't getting more attention. Its probably my most powerful build and I've made a lot (6-7+). Yet, its also my least popular.

It looks awesome to me! I'm a big fan of inexpensive builds with a punch (over 10k dps), so this is right up my ally. Perhaps it's not getting more hits because this is the general reaction to claw builds:

So this build has no mana issues after the nerf to leech?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Mar 10, 2014, 11:14:30 AM
"
Tempada wrote:
So this build has no mana issues after the nerf to leech?

Nope. And I don't feel any difference compare to pre-patch 1.0.0. Mana leech and mana regen is enough to sustain my skills which are inexpensive (it helps!).

In 50% lower regen map, I simply replace wrath by clarity and all is good.
As a beginner, how would you recommend the order in which I should take the passive (and maybe active as well) skills?
"
zimpy42 wrote:
As a beginner, how would you recommend the order in which I should take the passive (and maybe active as well) skills?

Here's one way to do it :

15 points

22 points

31 points

40 points

52 points

67 points

79 points

88 points

98 points

104 points

109 points

118 points

But use your judgement, depending on your gear, your gems and your playstyle, you may want to do it differently. For instance, you may want to pick up Iron Reflexes earlier.
Thanks! So far I like this :)

I got Wrath as a quest reward (The Caged Brute), would it be useful to grab the reduced mana reserved soon, or can it wait until later? Or maybe wait with using Wrath?

Edit: I think I've got it figured out for now...using Wrath and going to grab the reduction :)
Last edited by zimpy42 on Mar 15, 2014, 1:57:26 PM
It wouldnt be worth taking the 8 + 16% 5%shock nodes in shadow for this build?
"
davidftw wrote:
It wouldnt be worth taking the 8 + 16% 5%shock nodes in shadow for this build?

Lets just consider the damage portion of those 2 passives.

8 + 16 = an average of +12% per passive

If you make the reasonable assumption that about 45% of your elemental damage is Lightning and the other 55% is Fire and Cold, then this 12% to lightning, in term of pure dps, is the equivalent to +5,4% to elemental damage.

In other words, in term of dps, its barely more than half of what the 10% to elemental passives provide. So the question is : what would you choose between +2.5% chance to shock and +4.6% elemental damage ? If you'd rather 2.5% chance to shock, pick the 2 lightning nods right of Mental Acuity in the Shadow Area. If you'd rather higher tooltip dps and think the 5% chance to shock won't matter much considering you're already at over 50% chance to crit, then pick the +10% elemental damage nods at the left of Mental Acuity in the Shadow Area.
Question. Which item do you think would give me a better value first.
An alphas howl which would buff my auras and should allow me to use grace, or a 5L EV/ES chest to throw on a PcoC and some ES, upgrading from a 4 link pure EV. Taking into account a balance of DPS/Survivability.
Currently using

I havent changed to the Sangui yet as my ES is only like 200 so the leech is better spent on my life and with bloodseeker the hits with it are instant.

Also, what are your thoughts on using a thunderfist? not a legacy version, mucho ex.
Last edited by wenlock on Apr 2, 2014, 12:42:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info