Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

You can replace ST with really any melee skill, the reason its used is because it has large aoe potential and is ranged to help you stay alive.

You can use ST in a 6l and a secondary skill in 4L. I generally used frenzy for the additional ias.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
thanks ;p

and last question between this build:
Spoiler
[HC][Nemesis] (The Super Tank 2h) EB/MOM/IR/US/AA Spectral Throw or Ground Slam
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/549507

and the one you are using they both look tanky and have high DPS but this one doesnt require Alpha Howl, i dont want to test both to know wich one is better si if any one could tell me wich one would be better lategame?

Alright let me start off by doing some hating. What compels people to make a spec where you take every life node and actually post it as a guide is beyond me. I too can go into the passive tree, grab every life node and call myself a mega tank. That's what is called a shit spec. The challenge in making good builds in PoE is balancing your offense and defence. Going in and grabbing all life nodes, or all damage nodes, results in terrible balances.

The guy at no point shows his damage off but judging by his passive tree and comparing to ST builds I've made in the past I'd be willing to guess his ST sits around 3k. So if slipping into a coma while clearing a 68 map is your thing then that build might be your cup of tea.

"
runnin17 wrote:
@Mathil or anyone else actually:

Has anyone toyed around with a melee version of this build possibly using reave???

I've tested it and it didn't feel great. You don't feel like you gain enough of a dps advantage at all for the loss of being a ranged. The only way it might be able to compare in clear speed is using an AOE gem but last I checked it still felt far slower and more dangerous. If you use conc effect with that whole set up I'm sure it'll be more single target though, just yea it feels far more dangerous and would only be good against certain bosses.

"
Shadov1 wrote:
Hi im thinking about playing with this build, but with some melee skill on gloves, like:

1. elemental hit+blood magic+faster attacks+life leech (why is no1 using EH?)

2. frenzy+blood magic+faster attacks+life leech

3. double strike/lighting strike/reave (one of them, dont know about gems)

What do you guys think? Also about bandit quest, im planning to do 40 life/skillpoint/skillpoint, is that good?

1. It sucks.

2. Still sucks.

3. Double strike is your best bet. What you link to it is up to you.

For bandits you want 40 life/8 attack speed/skill point. This spec is all about attack speed and 1 point for 8 AS is a good deal.

A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
runnin17 wrote:

And I also forgot that GGG are the ultimate trolls in that they don't understand basic maths :(

Who ever heard of rounding down with values above 0.5.

it's not called rounding, it's called truncation.
Planning on running this build in the week race, looks fun as hell.
"
Mathil wrote:

"
Shadov1 wrote:
Hi im thinking about playing with this build, but with some melee skill on gloves, like:

What do you guys think? Also about bandit quest, im planning to do 40 life/skillpoint/skillpoint, is that good?

1. It sucks.

2. Still sucks.

For bandits you want 40 life/8 attack speed/skill point. This spec is all about attack speed and 1 point for 8 AS is a good deal.

Why it sucks? I mean frenzy gives pretty good atk speed, and elemental hit does elemental damage scaling with all bonuses (btw why elemental hit have the same DPS as regular autoattack? i dont understand that)

And about double strike, double strike+blood magic+life leech/gain on hit+multi strike, what do you think?
"
Shadov1 wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:

"
Shadov1 wrote:

1. It sucks.

2. Still sucks.

Why it sucks? I mean frenzy gives pretty good atk speed, and elemental hit does elemental damage scaling with all bonuses (btw why elemental hit have the same DPS as regular autoattack? i dont understand that)

And about double strike, double strike+blood magic+life leech/gain on hit+multi strike, what do you think?

ele hit randomly chooses 1 of 3 elements and its dps will not be reflected in the toolbar, however, with a lot of WED and ias it will be doing a lot of damage.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Mathil wrote:

"
runnin17 wrote:
@Mathil or anyone else actually:

Has anyone toyed around with a melee version of this build possibly using reave???

I've tested it and it didn't feel great. You don't feel like you gain enough of a dps advantage at all for the loss of being a ranged. The only way it might be able to compare in clear speed is using an AOE gem but last I checked it still felt far slower and more dangerous. If you use conc effect with that whole set up I'm sure it'll be more single target though, just yea it feels far more dangerous and would only be good against certain bosses.

Thanks Mathil. I figured you had tried it. Did you use the dodge evasion spec when you did the melee test?

Hi Folks,

So like Wow!, this thread has taken off massively over the past couple weeks! We should be really careful, or the price of ele-1handers will go up ;)

To anyone reading this - this build is rubbish, please sell your ele-1handers cheaply because no one wants them. Same with your WED accessories. Thanks.

Now, on a couple other points I have recently hit level 78 and finished the horrible grind down four dex points to Ondar's Guile, and I can report: it's fantastic.

Prior to this move I only had trouble with projectile-based baddies. Melee is just so kiteable (and so quick to die) that it's just laughable. Now, with OG and Acrobatics, projectile baddies are also laughable. That basically only leaves lucky hits, leapers and leap-slamming, and that very-not-rare OP boss called Desync.

(Incidentally the 4 points for OG came from Mathil's build from the top left, taking OG over Purity of Flesh. Lost some life; gained a shitload of evasion vs projectiles. Interestingly you also lose a little bit of chaos resistance, but a bulk of the chaos damage in this game is ranged projectiles...)

Running H/A/W + Purity x2 I have 34% evasion. This is partly a gear thing, but it is based on all-evasion gear bar my shield, which I need for +res. I could get another +800 or something on my shield which would boost me into the low 40s, I think. This isn't bad....but I have also reached the point where I can run 3x60+2x40 auras, OR 4x60 auras. This means I can run H/A/W/Grace. This takes my evasion to 50%, which takes my evasion to Projectiles to 100%, less whatever the game allows for the baddies to have a chance to hit. But, basically I can go afk infront of a group of Bramble Cobras spitting Chaos Venom and go make a coffee. You know that bramble cobra boss at the end of the Wharf map? Yeah. Nothing.

So, runnin17 has been talking a lot about lightning coil. (On a personal note as you haven't insulted anyone for a few pages now, I'm gonna assume that your original start in this thread was a hiccup, and we'll call it water under the bridge. I can see you've added a lot of value since then, which is great). Prob with lightning coil (apart from the 200 jews it cost me to roll 6s and the 50-odd fusings and counting without a 5l/6l) is that it isn't pure evasion. This means that to use lightning coil and take advantage of OG you really need grace. If you're running grace, you can't also run purity of lightning...which you need with lightning coil. Now beginning to wonder if lightning coil is actually the best option here. With Grace + OG So. Goddamn. Powerful. I'm not even running the purities anymore. The thing is, of course, that you're not set on any one option - you can carry the purity gems and drop them in for ele weakness maps, or even if you know a certain boss likes a certain ele. Rest of the time grace + OG + 77% res across the board seems generally better for me. I would be really interested in others' views on lightning coil vs evasion with OG.

ETA: Forgot to mention: with OG + Grace, you can take off RT, spec in some Accuracy and your reflect problems disappear completely. Worth it? Haven't tried this yet...not sure what the DPS hit would be. Anyone got a view on this? Be really interesting to know.

People keep asking if XYZ sword is a good DPS weapon for this build. People: APS is king. Take the bandit option that gives attack speed in cruel. Buy the FASTEST weapon you can afford. eDPS is SECOND on the list. Why? Because your damage comes from Anger and Wrath, so the more times you attack the more times Anger and Wrath apply the damage.

Also, as a general tip it's not a bad idea to carry Leap Slam + Culling Strike + Blood Magic + IIR on your boots or gloves, so that you can increase your loot chances on bosses.

Happy New Year to you all :)

A.

Last edited by Altissimus on Jan 1, 2014, 7:13:56 PM
"
Altissimus wrote:

So, runnin17 has been talking a lot about lightning coil. (On a personal note as you haven't insulted anyone for a few pages now, I'm gonna assume that your original start in this thread was a hiccup, and we'll call it water under the bridge. I can see you've added a lot of value since then, which is great). Prob with lightning coil (apart from the 200 jews it cost me to roll 6s and the 50-odd fusings and counting without a 5l/6l) is that it isn't pure evasion. This means that to use lightning coil and take advantage of OG you really need grace. If you're running grace, you can't also run purity of lightning...whic you need with lightning coil. Now beginning to wonder if lightning coil is actually the best option here. With Grace + OG So. Goddamn. Powerful. I'm not even running the puritys anymore. The thing is, of course, that you're not set on any one option - you can carry the purity gems and drop them in for ele weakness maps, or even if you know a certain boss likes a certain ele. Rest of the time grace + OG + 77% res across the board seems generally better for me. I would be really interested in others' views on lightning coil vs evasion with OG.

As I have said a few times, I am building my build for hardcore leagues where physical damage and spells are usually the big problem because of DAT desync.

Honestly, I got the idea of my current spec from this build and Hegemone's Wukong Scion build where he basically ignores armor and evasion and focuses on endurance charges and immortal call. In order to combat the spells I am using Saffell's Frame and for some physical damage protection I am using lightning coil. Honestly I could drop lightning coil for any other 6L chest if I wanted. I could even just buy a tabula rasa and be done with it :)

So far I am level 74 and it is coming along very nicely. Once I start doing more difficult maps and I am in a party I will probably only run haste and drop grace. Since I am using Saffell's and it gives +5% max resists then I could just drop the resist auras if I wanted and pop on grace, determination, hatred, discipline, whatever. For the build I always pop enduring cry before attacking to always have my charges up (will probably only have 5 max charges, but with quality immortal call and increased duration my physical immunity with still be at 8 seconds). Since the build kites so well that 8 seconds is too easy so that I can heal up if needed.
Hello guys. I bought the main components of the build.

this one was 15 chaos
3ex 20 chaos -.-
and 32 chaos

What do u think this items can be the final weap/helm/buckler, or i should buy better?

I have to find a good chest anyways i use this
:D

I have to say this build is awesome, i'm only lvl65 even so poses no problem to kill merciless Dominus without die (if i dont make a mistake).

Thank you Mathil for this perfect build.

See you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info