Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Your thoughts on Hyrri's Ire? You save 5 pts, get dex which u need on other pieces otherwise and a small amount of cold dmg :)... Could get haste talent or something instead.
Do you think your build would still work if it was purely armor based? Assuming all gear was armor type + determination and all these aura nodes would still get you like 10-15k armor without granite flasks (even without any armor nodes).

Were you leveling with 1h ele weapons + shields from the start or changed later?
IGN: Kebehsenuf
Last edited by ShadowWalker07 on Dec 13, 2013, 8:12:33 AM
"
Norodian wrote:
Your thoughts on Hyrri's Ire? You save 5 pts, get dex which u need on other pieces otherwise and a small amount of cold dmg :)... Could get haste talent or something instead.

It looks fine if you don't need the resists from your chest slot I suppose. The cold damage it adds is pretty miniscule and the reason I personally wouldn't go for it is because you want life on every piece. It's bad enough to lose life by having to use Alpha's Howl. A high life pool is the best defense for us against reflect, so as to leech more.

If I were to wear it I'd probably spend those 5 points trying to get more life nodes, otherwise there's hardly any talents worth getting for more damage around my tree. I think it's acceptable but ultimately you'd want a good rare chest.

"
Do you think your build would still work if it was purely armor based? Assuming all gear was armor type + determination and all these aura nodes would still get you like 10-15k armor without granite flasks (even without any armor nodes).

Were you leveling with 1h ele weapons + shields from the start or changed later?

I leveled with this spec all the way through, picking up whatever fast 1 hander I could, with a shield, yes. As long as you get your blood magic gem in as soon as possible and run both Anger/Wrath when that happens you should cruise all the way through.

As for armor, it's something I've certainly thought lots about. I'd love to make an armor version work but I just can't see myself retaining my current defenses without losing alot of damage. The reason I am evasion is because it is so efficient passive wise. I basically spend 5 points and wear evasion gear to get me up to 75% evasion, which with a large enough life pool is plenty in almost every situation.

If you're willing to sacrifice some damage, an armor spec would be tankier I think. Especially if you choose to run grace or determination over 1 of the auras I currently do. Then you could reach fairly high armor numbers and it would be more effective in my opinion. Only reason I haven't tried armor so far is because I would need to get a really good shield and a few other pieces with high armor.

I've also thought a lot about Iron Reflexes but again I'd have to sacrifice a bit of damage to do it and wouldn't gain enough out of it unless I ran Grace or Determination, something I'm just not sure I'm willing to do. I still have thoughts about it but am barely playing PoE right now.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Never played an elemental build, but recently got this
dropped as it is. No ias on it but still a pretty good drop imo. You think it would do until I get a faster one with similar ele dmg on it?
What are priority supports in 2link,3,4??
@ GrimgnawIsNoSaint

I just did some calculations...

Only 2,723.45 of his dps is coming from the elemental damage on his weapon.

You could just get a blue 1.7 weapon with 25%+ attack speed and 1 element and put out about 12,300 damage with his tree.

The damage is all from aura's (he has 97% buff to his auras) and + %elemental damage from weapons (He get some from his tree, rings, amulet and belt, this also buffs wrath and anger damage).

This is what I am using for leveling on my level 36 and without haste or faster attacks, I am still melting stuff.

The speed on your weapon would cap you at 10,343 dps with his build and other gear assuming your elemental damage was the same as his. Your on weapon elemental damage is actually about 14% less than his so you would cap at under 10K.

You would be better off with a high attack speed 1.7 weapon with zero elemental damage rather than the one you have there. Sorry to disappoint.
Last edited by Daarknight on Dec 13, 2013, 12:39:26 PM
Thanks for doing the math, even though you crushed my believe that I got a sick drop there for an elemental build like this :P

Just got this, pretty happy with it, doesn't require me to have 212 dex. Makes ammy and rings cheaper.

Nice weapon Norodian, should last you a while.

Spot on Daarknight. The damage on your weapon does surprisingly little which is why another good alternative is a fast weapon with 1 or 2 ele damages and weapon elemental damage.

A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
I found that for the first 20-30 levels weapon damage was better than attack speed, so I just used the biggest 2h I could. After that it started being more useful to use a faster 1h, but one that was also as damaging as possible. Around level 50 it started to be that attack speed on a weapon was better than any on-weapon damage mods. I rolled a blue 2.02 aps fancy foil around level 50 and I'm still using it.

I'm currently at ~5.5k dps and level 65. I traded well and ended up with an alpha's howl and a 5L chest that I only just now got the colours for and the dex figured out (had 166 dex from gear and fancy foil is 167 dex >_>) and with it all equipped I'm doing pretty well.

I use ST, blood magic, life leech, faster attacks, and WED. LMP still doesn't seem very useful imo. I tried it again at level 60 and I found that the trade-off of damage vs being able to hit the entire trash mob ended up with me clearing them at about the same speed, but having a much weaker single-target DPS. So I just don't use LMP. I believe at 20/20 LMP has almost no -dmg% so I'll probably use LMP for my 6th slot and stick with what I'm using now.

I must say though, having really powerful resistance auras makes teaming with people hilarious. People have terribad builds and items and are scared to face piety or something and I just make them 75/77/75 and they never die.

Also partying with summoners is easy-mode when you just make their summons nearly untouchable.

Currently I find that my Evasion from only gear is too low to really help me, so I'm running Grace over Haste.

Otherwise I'm really enjoying this build. I have a habit of asking people what their DPS is in-game and around level 40-50 I was below the curve and 60-65 and now that I have alpha's howl I'm definitely above the curve. I solo'd most of the game pretty easily. Did merci dom earlier today dying 4 times purely to desync

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info