Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
"
Mathil wrote:
"
I have some critical feedback of this build. This is not a cheap build., and it is misleading to call it such.

I am lvl 70 with 3k hp, 2.3k dps, and 110% mf. I have spent about 1 ex total on gear, most of which went towards a 5L chest.

I am currently getting dominated on every map I run. This build is so squishy. I already had to modify it to run CWDT+DT+EC instead of Leap Slam in the shield. I even took one of the comment's suggestions to get Ondar's Guile and Acrobatics to increase my defenses. I am still dying.

To progress my defensives and offensives, it looks like I need to drop 5 ex on an Alpha's Howl, 1-2ex on a better weapon, and 1ex + a bunch of jewelers and fusing orbs on a 5L/6L lightning coil. This is hardly "cheap".

I'm sorry you're struggling but that isn't a problem with my build. If this isn't cheap then how was I top 5 all the way though the league so far playing alone and self found since day 1?

I didn't buy an Alpha's howl until I was 84 or so and was the first person into 78 maps with a char worth barely few exalts.

Like, I can't even be bothered defending it any further because I could write an extra page on how you're wrong and everything is comparitively super cheap but it seems obvious that you want a spec that can do everything in the game better than this but with a 3 link and all blues. Can't help you there.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong then.

Gear

Shield, chest, gloves also missing life.
How about solo target skill? Any advises?
IGN: Javana
Orlog Im currently using dual strike not linked to anything as my single target skill which isent optimal since it require me to be in melee range which is never optimal but if ive identified something and know that it wont kill me to fast i just hammer away for 1 or 2 seconds which is nice.
"
"
Mathil wrote:
"
I have some critical feedback of this build. This is not a cheap build., and it is misleading to call it such.

I am lvl 70 with 3k hp, 2.3k dps, and 110% mf. I have spent about 1 ex total on gear, most of which went towards a 5L chest.

I am currently getting dominated on every map I run. This build is so squishy. I already had to modify it to run CWDT+DT+EC instead of Leap Slam in the shield. I even took one of the comment's suggestions to get Ondar's Guile and Acrobatics to increase my defenses. I am still dying.

To progress my defensives and offensives, it looks like I need to drop 5 ex on an Alpha's Howl, 1-2ex on a better weapon, and 1ex + a bunch of jewelers and fusing orbs on a 5L/6L lightning coil. This is hardly "cheap".

I'm sorry you're struggling but that isn't a problem with my build. If this isn't cheap then how was I top 5 all the way though the league so far playing alone and self found since day 1?

I didn't buy an Alpha's howl until I was 84 or so and was the first person into 78 maps with a char worth barely few exalts.

Like, I can't even be bothered defending it any further because I could write an extra page on how you're wrong and everything is comparitively super cheap but it seems obvious that you want a spec that can do everything in the game better than this but with a 3 link and all blues. Can't help you there.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong then.

Gear

Shield, helmet, gloves, belt, etc.. Granite flask?

If you want IIR you shouldn't be using this build, because if you want max dps you can't have much IIR.

I spent around 8 exa in this build, my items:

Spoiler
nvm
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 17, 2014, 4:23:42 AM
Bam! New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcrVRUlc1LM&feature=youtu.be

This is the 2nd round of bosses in Apex of Sacrifice. I get asked quite a lot my order and how I do them so here it is, enjoy.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:

This is the 2nd round of bosses in Apex of Sacrifice. I get asked quite a lot my order and how I do them so here it is, enjoy.

The video has been blocked due to some copy right issues with the music or something :/
IGN: Sorxianspec
"
sorxian wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:

The video has been blocked due to some copy right issues with the music or something :/

No shit... I don't see it as being blocked. If it has I'll have to remake it and post another later tomorrow. I just have some faint music playing in the background like I do with most of them.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLMMfRB_EZYUTRcvGYUZiho4GmwajxzcHRQdqh4aI_YkPCSqJLAmlSepKPoqWy2DL28yiTbpPI5GcUlRUzVVS1XGVdZXyVfiWfNabWTnZp5tbG17b55wu3Kpd-V82X11f8aApIMJhtGPRpBVkyeXBpu1ogCnCKdcp4SsqrQMtUi4k7vjwBrDOsSixp7KSs9l0NDSGdN-1tHZE-GI42rquuvu7DjuDu967_DxdvPd9tr60vsJ_rr_kw==

gear

Level 74 atm, rocking maps till lvl 70 without particular issues. Some random deaths to elemental 1shots but that's due to me not having cold res capped (will be capped with Alpha's Howl)

I'm currently saving every single piece of currency I have for Alpha's Howl, do you confirm that it is the most important and huge upgrade on my gear? I might get a slightly faster weapon but prices on ambush for this build have gone COMPLETELY CRAZY. I don't want to pay 5ex for 0.1 APS, really.
Last edited by cloudscraper on Mar 17, 2014, 6:34:50 AM
"
Mathil wrote:
"
sorxian wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:

No shit... I don't see it as being blocked. If it has I'll have to remake it and post another later tomorrow. I just have some faint music playing in the background like I do with most of them.

It is blocked. "This video contains content from Armada music, who has blocked it on copyright grounds".

P.S : After a lot of hesitation, I started this build in ambush. I have it in standard and really love it, but the game crashes after every 10-20 mins when I play with it. Too many projectiles on the screen probably or something with the sound. Reported to GGG but no solution as of yet :(
Hoping that I don't face the same issue in ambush.
Last edited by nightblade157 on Mar 17, 2014, 7:19:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info