Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
devoir wrote:
"
Altissimus wrote:
So I'm level 56 now, and I've taken all the "reduced mana reservation" nodes in the build, and my reduced mana gem is at 78%.

This allows me to run three 60% auras. However, if I stack Anger + haste + wrath I die. Fast. I have discovered that I need Grace up permanently to give enough mitigation, and Purity of Elements up 99% of the time to avoid being frozen/shocked etc to death.

This means that I'm actually only running one of the DPS auras: Anger.

I can't see how to improve on this without getting Alpha's Howl. Other than waiting (a long time) for my Reduced Mana gem to hit max level, which might allow 60%x3+40%, then the only other option I can see is to run one aura off my health - but that's not working for me as it reduces my health pool to far, and my health is too volatile in combat as it is.

What am I missing? Any way of getting more out of this?

Also, to-date I have found that LGOH >> LL, although I'm levelling both. Can anyone who has levelled past 56 tell me when they found LL surpassed LGOH?

Thanks,
A.

To be honest, your gear must be terrible and/or you're facetanking stuff you shouldn't be. If you need Purity of Elements while levelling in Merciless, you are lacking resists. If you need Grace, you either have zero health or you're standing still and taking large numbers of attacks when you shouldn't be.

You're dropping two DPS auras which is causing your outbound DPS to be poor, resulting in longer fights and bad life leech.

If you truly believe you can't fix any of the above, buying an Alpha's Howl won't help you aside from make you immune to freeze. The only recommendation if you can't fix your gear or stop taking damage is to stick to safe areas to level and join groups to get past progression blockers like Vaal.

Thanks, this advice has helped.

I guess I'm used to the premise that if you're dead your DPS drops to zero...so I tend to stack defence first and DPS second. This build seems to want to work the other way. Certainly I AM short of resistances (early act two in Merciless it's difficult not to be, without a bankroll of high +res items - and then your DPS suffers anyway), so when I come up against packs of spark mages / ice mages / some red bosses I die. However, this is mitigated somewhat by the faster clear times in other areas. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

As a kit check-and-balance, approximately what tool-tip DPS should I see on ST with anger+wrath+haste @ level 58-ish?
"
Altissimus wrote:
"
devoir wrote:
"
Altissimus wrote:
So I'm level 56 now, and I've taken all the "reduced mana reservation" nodes in the build, and my reduced mana gem is at 78%.

This allows me to run three 60% auras. However, if I stack Anger + haste + wrath I die. Fast. I have discovered that I need Grace up permanently to give enough mitigation, and Purity of Elements up 99% of the time to avoid being frozen/shocked etc to death.

This means that I'm actually only running one of the DPS auras: Anger.

I can't see how to improve on this without getting Alpha's Howl. Other than waiting (a long time) for my Reduced Mana gem to hit max level, which might allow 60%x3+40%, then the only other option I can see is to run one aura off my health - but that's not working for me as it reduces my health pool to far, and my health is too volatile in combat as it is.

What am I missing? Any way of getting more out of this?

Also, to-date I have found that LGOH >> LL, although I'm levelling both. Can anyone who has levelled past 56 tell me when they found LL surpassed LGOH?

Thanks,
A.

To be honest, your gear must be terrible and/or you're facetanking stuff you shouldn't be. If you need Purity of Elements while levelling in Merciless, you are lacking resists. If you need Grace, you either have zero health or you're standing still and taking large numbers of attacks when you shouldn't be.

You're dropping two DPS auras which is causing your outbound DPS to be poor, resulting in longer fights and bad life leech.

If you truly believe you can't fix any of the above, buying an Alpha's Howl won't help you aside from make you immune to freeze. The only recommendation if you can't fix your gear or stop taking damage is to stick to safe areas to level and join groups to get past progression blockers like Vaal.

I guess I'm used to the premise that if you're dead your DPS drops to zero...so I tend to stack defence first and DPS second. This build seems to want to work the other way. Certainly I AM short of resistances (early act two in Merciless it's difficult not to be, without a bankroll of high +res items - and then your DPS suffers anyway), so when I come up against packs of spark mages / ice mages / some red bosses I die. However, this is mitigated somewhat by the faster clear times in other areas. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

As a kit check-and-balance, approximately what tool-tip DPS should I see on ST with anger+wrath+haste @ level 58-ish?

I was just recently 58 so I can answer that. Using a 2.13 weapon with 2 elements on it (I linked the foil I bought for 6 chaos in an earlier post), anger, wrath, haste and no +% elemental damage from rings, amulet or belt and I had not yet reached the 3 elemental damage nodes, my dps was around 2,700. This was with a 4 link so no faster attacks or life leech. I had 5 life flasks that I used for everything.
"
Altissimus wrote:

I think the biggest issue (in general, not with you specifically) is that Mathil's done a great job of putting together a build that is quite cheap, scales well and becomes effective very quickly if you are very comfortable with the game already. As I alluded to before, you need to be able to adapt your gear and playstyle every few levels as your gear changes, monsters do different types of damage, etc.

Daarknight has also emphasized another point; don't bother investing heavily in your gear while you progress. Use elemental resist rings with a bit of life, don't try and find WED on them before that. Use life flasks a lot, maybe with a defensive flask in there as well.

I personally levelled without LMP, so my four link was Spectral Throw + Blood Magic + WED + Faster Attacks. I just cycled through four health potions and alternated between Jade/Granite/Resistance based on what I was fighting.

"
scorburel wrote:
After I switched out Faster Projectiles and replaced Karui Ward the range seams halved.
What options do we have for increasing the range?

You don't want your range too large, otherwise your effective DPS and DPS ramping gets impacted by the extended travel distance. Keep in mind that after a short period of time, your Spectral Throw tooltip DPS is essentially doubled even if the target is right in front of you, and of course it can be multiplied by six (I think) if they're at the optimal range.

You get range from a few of the nodes in the tree. As it is, I hit the sides of the screen without any range on gear. If I had any more, it'd become difficult to target monsters that don't move for optimal DPS.
Last edited by devoir on Dec 17, 2013, 4:32:17 PM
Hello Guys,

Please help me out, I'm in pain, I get shitloads of damage....

Here are my items :

Here is the current status of my passive tree:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YFtQx9EH8XLxmFGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qIuokqiSwJ-0tgzGeMgkyiTWSNuk64TsoPC1GcUrITeNV1lfiWfNaUmBDZOdmnmxGbj1uqm-ecmxyqXflfNmApIMJhtGI8Y9GkFWTJ5cGm12btaZXpwinhKiaqW6sWayqtAy18rc-uJPAGsM6xKLE9saexq7KSs3q1CPcV-GI42rnY-jW7DjyRfKX89322vrS-wn-Cv6P

With Grace, Haste, Wrath, Anger ON:

I have 2485 Life
İ have 4445 Dps with ST
3.91 APS
77 ALL res
10824 Evasion // 58 evade chance // 30 dodge chance

I know my life is low, but right now against Dominus in merc i get like res killed... When I reaally try to play hardcore and avoid stuff again I am sweating my ass of just not to die..

NOTE: The 6L carcass is temporary so thats why I dont bother doing it 3R3G so i put on a added chaos instead of nothing. I know its not helping at all. So I am leveling the faster attacks seperately.

HELP is really appreciated...
Last edited by ganjamain on Dec 17, 2013, 4:49:22 PM
Just an observation. Without quality, the most you can leech is 20% of your max life per second. You are capped at less than 500 per second.

So you are casting (losing life) and taking damage and those are relatively high % of your total life because you start with so little, and you can only get back less than 500 per second.

OP has 6100 life so that is over 1200 per second max leech plus 20% faster leech from quality. He is leeching over 1,400 life per second.

You need higher life I think.

Also, OP has 84% max resistance to light and fire. You have 77. For every 2300 damage you take from lightning, he only takes 1600. Big difference.

Your natural evasion is so low that you need grace to make up the difference so you are not running purity auras.

When you get a new chest, get as high evasion as you can with life. OP is overcapped on fire by about 100 so you can get away with much less resistance on gear which should help keep the price down.

Some items on this build are very cheap (weapon in particular) but some will be expensive. Chest is one of those items.

One more thing, with aura's and his tree, you should need 56 fire, 56 Lightning and 127 cold resist from gear to be at exactly 84,84,77. This assumes level 20 gems.

For maps with max elemental weakness, you should shoot for 44% over cap so 100,100,171 from gear.
Last edited by Daarknight on Dec 17, 2013, 5:39:04 PM
"
Daarknight wrote:
Just an observation. Without quality, the most you can leech is 20% of your max life per second. You are capped at less than 500 per second.

So you are casting (losing life) and taking damage and those are relatively high % of your total life because you start with so little, and you can only get back less than 500 per second.

OP has 6100 life so that is over 1200 per second max leech plus 20% faster leech from quality. He is leeching over 1,400 life per second.

You need higher life I think.

Also, OP has 84% max resistance to light and fire. You have 77. For every 2300 damage you take from lightning, he only takes 1600. Big difference.

Your natural evasion is so low that you need grace to make up the difference so you are not running purity auras.

When you get a new chest, get as high evasion as you can with life. OP is overcapped on fire by about 100 so you can get away with much less resistance on gear which should help keep the price down.

Some items on this build are very cheap (weapon in particular) but some will be expensive. Chest is one of those items.

One more thing, with aura's and his tree, you should need 56 fire, 56 Lightning and 127 cold resist from gear to be at exactly 84,84,77. This assumes level 20 gems.

For maps with max elemental weakness, you should shoot for 44% over cap so 100,100,171 from gear.

Yeah I assume its more or less an issue of getting better gear / gems. And life is really essential as you mentioned to leech more.

Thanks a lot
For you it really is a matter of needing far more life ganja.

What Daark said is right but the key difference with our life pools is when I get hit for 600 by anything, a relatively small amount, it's taking 10% of my life and really doesn't feel like much. When you get hit for 600 it's chopping away 1/4 of your life and looks like a massive hit.

That's why you want more life, as a buffer. Often times you won't even get to dig your heels in and start leeching back enough or doing enough damage to a large group of enemies until you can absorb 3k life worth of damage.

I hope that makes sense.

Someone also talked about dropping haste for empower. Yea there's just no way that's going to happen. I could see it working if you just replace the gem slot in your Alpha's Howl and still cast haste but from elsewhere. Although that would then require you to have Alpha's Howl with 3 red 1 blue (lol).

Attack speed is a huge damage modifier for this spec and with all the buffs you get haste does 40% attack speed. That's close to Faster attacks, which I guess means you're almost running a 7 link? I dno, point being haste = amazing
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
And to anyone worried about their damage not looking like mine remember:

Gems being level 20 and 20 quality is a big deal.

The aura gems provide so much more damage by level 20 and between faster attacks/lmp/st you gain 30% faster attacking by having them all at 20 quality.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
ganjamain wrote:
Hello Guys,
Please help me out, I'm in pain, I get shitloads of damage....

As i can see you dont have life on rings, ammy and belt and its very big loss coz you can have around 200 life from them. Also why you using these gloves if you dont have physicsl damage to leech from??? And carcass have very small ammount of eva to handle this build imho.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
"
ganjamain wrote:
Hello Guys,

Why don't you use added lightning instead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info