Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm))

"
nugiyen wrote:
I dont get why you try so hard to avoid anything within the templar tree :P

3 points more and you could get +50 eleweap dmg, 26%life. Also the +20% shok is alright but since you can already sustain a high lvl LA. Why do you need it?

Pretty much what I've discovered. The inherent chaining of LA / using the chain support gem with a high levelled LA normally triggers the shock state enough without the need of another 20%. If I really need more chance, I'd go with Conductivity.

And agreed, the elemental dmg and life nodes near the Templar are pretty hard to pass up.
Last edited by Hojirozame on Jan 5, 2013, 9:02:57 PM
"
Arowec wrote:
When does Lightning arrow get nerfed and what is going to be nerfed? or did it already been nerfed ?

It has not been nerfed yet; I think the ENA (Estimated Nerf Arrival hahaha) is with Open Beta release. Honestly, I can't wait to see which changes to the game they will make. I do not intend to spread rumours and speculation.

"
Hojirozame wrote:
"
nugiyen wrote:
I dont get why you try so hard to avoid anything within the templar tree :P

3 points more and you could get +50 eleweap dmg, 26%life. Also the +20% shok is alright but since you can already sustain a high lvl LA. Why do you need it?

Pretty much what I've discovered. The inherent chaining of LA / using the chain support gem with a high levelled LA normally triggers the shock state enough without the need of another 20%. If I really need more chance, I'd go with Conductivity.

And agreed, the elemental dmg and life nodes near the Templar are pretty hard to pass up.

The suggestions indeed resulted in editing the original post a little, thank you for your interest and effort, I appreciate it. I can say I'm happy with the changes.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
On the revised build, you could probably get to the templar area by going up that far left path (the one that runs along the totem nodes) and then going for the life and elemental nodes. You could then delete the three str nodes under the templar life cluster. You'll lose 10 Str but you'll have saved a point you can place elsewhere.

Also, does anyone know if Lava Lash is any good if you are running Anger and have your skills supported by Added Fire Damage? Or is it only worthwhile if you're also using Blackgleams?
Can I ask you what support gems are you using with Lightning arrow? What are the best in general/for lvling etc?

Currently have fork, lesser multiple projectiles, added lightning dmg, life on hit, lifesteal, faster projectiles. Got a 4 socket bow and lvl 35 atm.
Im currently using LA, Chain, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage and recently put in Reduced Mana just so I could keep up with the cost.
"
Hojirozame wrote:
Im currently using LA, Chain, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage and recently put in Reduced Mana just so I could keep up with the cost.

Viable support gems for Lightning Arrow:

Chain - nearly 95% of the times people use Chain with LA - it just works great in combination (while it does reduce your physical damage output quite a bit, it won't reduce the elemental damage!)

Faster Attacks - definite pick, self explanatory, hopefully

Weapon Elemental Damage - definite pick, self explanatory, hopefully

Reduced Mana - very good if you find yourself lacking the sustain to fire LA without worries

Culling Strike - better used on Elemental Hit for single targets, but if your damage is low, it can help a bit (level it up, at higher levels its drawbacks are nearly non-existant)

Elemental Proliferation - not all that good considering the LA mechanics and the fact that you don't do crits to get Burn or Freeze

Lightning Penetration - not bad, you can stack a lot of Lightning on your items, but there are better options

Pierce - don't often see it used, and it may backfire on open space maps (hitting distant reflect mobs unwillingly)

Fork - can replace Chain, using them both is also an interesting option

Life Leech - considering it leeches from all the damage you output, a decent option if you find yourself lacking even more regeneration

I would say nearly any combination of those works, so it more or less depends on what you have available at the moment.

I will probably add this information in the original post if you find it useful.

EDIT: after seeing how Fugly my post was, I formatted the wall of text a bit, should be better now.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Jan 6, 2013, 1:18:42 PM
I'm at level 62 now (been taking it easy with this alt and leveled a few other projects) and i got my self a few more upgrades. I respecced into Nugiyen's suggestion and i gained around 400 dps total, so that was a good move for sure!

I've not tried this with Chain yet however, i still use fork and GMP. I just can't afford chain, i have almost 5 level 60+ characters and i still have NEVER seen a GCP drop.

I have probably said this before, but it's worth repeating again, i am liking blood magic so damn much it's hard for me to even play other characters that use mana at this point.

There really needs to be something done about resource management at higher levels. I feel like on all my characters the builds i make evolve around resource regeneration rather than actually having fun.

Edit: Grammar.
My Supporter Pack list compensates for my small penis.
Last edited by Relidar on Jan 7, 2013, 8:59:20 AM
Would it be better to drop top 6 Templar nodes: 4 Int + Elementalist + Celestial Walker

and get +3 res node +3 ele dps nodes on top from Iron Grip

You lose:
-20% Ele Dps
-10% Ele Res
-50 INT

You Get:
+18% Ele Res
+30% Ele Dps

Int can go from gear and as extra Savant can give you +30 Int just in case. Its just two extra points if it comes to it.

Oh, and you can also save 1 skillpoint by going to Templar tree by using Fitness node first by far left line, spend 2 in total instead 3 nodes after big Dexterity node.

-10 STR only

And it opens totem 3 nodes for those who wants it.
And armor nodes on top.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpyqXzZ2WFXDdIhns2nMPe-FCBQRwHnNug6Ut-_hmBWBGFSn8syCWCIKLXvTkCgIWB08Z65GNtDnA6tKaUFLWBLeu907cT2PQ_wH6IABLMCcTwtxq63Pnq4rpNuqjJ-hyl99cQVbPYUTTKJV-J35ew4GjinhJBV_gryRedjplc64YjxWfPAGoLkiq-QEXPh94hfqg==

And maybe it also good idea to dump 2 points to get Celerity +8% move speed. But its far end game.

I got 71 Marauder right now and I notice I usually stay in close range so Point Blank is probably also good choice. +50% DPS

And it also opens a path to +30% Ele DPS nodes that can be taken after all that.
Last edited by arzumata on Jan 8, 2013, 10:35:39 AM
"
arzumata wrote:
Would it be better (...)

I liked your suggestion and to cut things short; I linked your post in my original post. Thank you for the feedback! I still do have to add, I kinda prefer my original route over this one, but you have a good point(s).
gonna start builing mara like this for the rest of CBT. looks awesome

just 2 questions.
1) what is your attack speed with bow?
2) did you see bow-mara with ~5 aps on youtube? is it real to achive this attack speed now on live server?

thx a lot)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info