ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
shaokim wrote:
Apologies if this has been answered, but since this build takes so little damage, would it be viable to invest less in life nodes and more in spell or crit nodes?

You mean spell casting. It's the top scaling attribute of EK. Depending on what content you are doing, that HP pool can and will save your life one day if not more often.
"
Zvim wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
I wonder why you don't go for the Ranger's Aura Nodes, Heart of Oak, Projectile Speed +20%, etc. Granted, you can get more Life and/or Armor, but it feels like it's worth it.

In my guide, I suggest getting those, so I'd like to see your reasoning.

If your projectiles hit the edge of the screen you probably don't need them to go further.

You'd be surprised. More range is NEVER useless, and the more you have, the wider the arc. I kill things off-screen fairly often, and it's so much safer in parties or vs. Piety/Dominus/Other crazy damage ranged monster.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Ziggy i have 75 Ranger and would like put this build on can you do something similar with Ranger beginning nodes. And also would Moonsorrow Unique Want work for this build?

PM ME or my IGN xXKalsteinXx
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Zvim wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
I wonder why you don't go for the Ranger's Aura Nodes, Heart of Oak, Projectile Speed +20%, etc. Granted, you can get more Life and/or Armor, but it feels like it's worth it.

In my guide, I suggest getting those, so I'd like to see your reasoning.

If your projectiles hit the edge of the screen you probably don't need them to go further.

You'd be surprised. More range is NEVER useless, and the more you have, the wider the arc. I kill things off-screen fairly often, and it's so much safer in parties or vs. Piety/Dominus/Other crazy damage ranged monster.

I didn't say it was useless. He just desired it that way. The beauty of these builds is that they are not the ten commandments, you usually have a fair bit of scope to tweak builds to your own desires unless it is a 120 point build that is stretched tight as a drum.
Would this build be viable as first character for a new player, or does it need expensive gear? I curently only have a lvl 38 witch in domination league, but I'd like to play this build. Great guide in any case, looks really good.
"
Voidsurge wrote:
Would this build be viable as first character for a new player, or does it need expensive gear? I curently only have a lvl 38 witch in domination league, but I'd like to play this build. Great guide in any case, looks really good.

im doing this build as my first nemesis character too. Just make a shadow first and get the ek gem from the breaking eggs quest. Doing ek from lvl 4 and its just great for leveling. I picked up the amulet first when i got enough chaos and just picked up the goldrim too for easy resistances :D
@ lvl 4 useing ek you wil lstruggle single target agaist bosses tho i switched to ek at 50
I just wanted to say thanks for the guide ZiggyD! I followed your guide for my first Nemesis character and it's been smooth sailing. I just hit 60 and everything is starting to come together.
What Offensive Curse would be optimal?
Thx
"
scorburel wrote:
What Offensive Curse would be optimal?
Thx

Projectile Weakness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info