[Not a Bug] Prismatic Eclipse

I'm not sure what you did with the quoting there, but there's a distinct different between an item referring to it's sockets (such Prismatic Ecplise), which are part of it, and and an item referring to gems socketed into it, which are clearly separate items.

Again, items are assumed to be referring to themselves when referring to something that is part of them - sockets on a socketable item, damage on weapons, defences on armour. Items are assumed to be talking in the global sense when talking about things which aren't part of them - gems in sockets, damage on armour, defences on weapons, etc.
There is some ambiguity in weapons dealing with "on-hit" effects, which I'd like to clear up when we have time.

Prismatic Eclipse is referring to it's sockets, the items you've listed are referring to other items (gems).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 4, 2013, 6:56:07 PM
"
Valkiris wrote:
So, about the white sockets. How does a weapon acquire a white socket? Is this just there to make it seem a liiiil bit cooler?

Assuming Mark isn't trolling, we can more or less assume that a way to obtain white sockets will be added in the future, if it isn't in already. Mark's first post in this thread links to the Magic card Tarmogoyf which at the time it was released, contained a word in its rules text which referred to an upcoming new feature (the planeswalker card type). So Prismatic Eclipse's rules text is most likely acting as foreshadowing to white sockets in very much the same way.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Last edited by ephetat on Dec 20, 2013, 2:50:41 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This is not a bug. Any time an item with sockets refers to sockets, it is referring only to it's own sockets. Prismatic Eclipse gets bonuses based on how many sockets of each colour it has.

I was wondering if the effect is intended or bugged. It says white socket but the only white socket item u can get is tabula rasa. Then again, the weapon effect is not clear cut.
For dual wield Prismatic Eclipse with RRR sockets, the physical damage is +75% or +150%?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info