Unofficial Summary of Kripp's Interview with Chris (15 Dec 2012)

Thanks Petrov and co. for getting this up here ;) As well as thanks to Kripp and Chris for the interview, very interesting.

I watched the interview live and I kept getting disoriented, if that's the right word, by Kripp's playing and had issues paying attention to the questions and answers half the time. I get why Kripp is playing at the same time as asking/discussing questions and he seems to be good at managing both without actually making one or the other suffer noticably.. so I think it was good but I had to put the screen away and keep the sound only ;)
"
narthagass wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
- haste gem: it is so bad today that Chris doesn't even know it exists (its attack/cast speed will increase as it levels, also reducing mana reservation cost in future!)

If I remember correctly he also said, that haste will increase movement speed too in the future. You might wanna add this.

PLEASE! and thank jebus! I always want to use haste then I remember I could use 3 passives and use the mana for something else.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
amen to that
Standard Forever
Thanks for The transcript!

Kripp has brought back my attention to this game after having first checked it out all the way back in August 2011.
Awesome to see so much potential, improvement to The game and dedication from The team in order to make this game last!

:)
where there is a will, there is a way! gogo BETA FTW! :P or something....
Thanks so much for posting this!
beautiful post, thanks man
Last edited by haloja on Dec 17, 2012, 3:01:51 PM
Nice work!

"
- general Act 4: Chris and the dev team continue to debate whether Act 4 (if and when it comes) should conceptually run after Act 3 in terms of level and gear progression, or, instead, "in parallel" with Act 3 - so as to not obviate the progress made by people and gear accumulated from Act 3. Chris appears to generally dislike when expansions make the preceding content redundant.

Dreams coming true.
Hi I just want to say thank you very much for the work you put in transcribing this. The interview itself is over 2 hours. Cheers! It's one of the more information rich interviews out there at that. Super cool.:)
"
zeto wrote:
I've come to believe that Auction Houses ruin economies after, like... a year of thought on the subject... however I cannot fathom an AH costing 1 million dollars to add to a game, even considering hardware cost.

$100,000 for hardware seems more than reasonable...

At even $50/hr, which I don't believe they would pay, that's 18,000 man*hours of work. That's an entire year of full time work for 9 people dedicated to just AH.

I just can't imagine it... even if I do agree that an AH should never grace this game.

I can imagine it costing that much, but agree ... it should NEVER be part of PoE.
In our quest to conquer the world ... allies are just future enemies that don't realise it yet MAWHAHA !!!
"
mrpetrov wrote:
general Act 4: Chris and the dev team continue to debate whether Act 4 (if and when it comes) should conceptually run after Act 3 in terms of level and gear progression, or, instead, "in parallel" with Act 3 - so as to not obviate the progress made by people and gear accumulated from Act 3. Chris appears to generally dislike when expansions make the preceding content redundant.

Would just tweaking progression of earlier acts be a possibility so that we'd finish act4 at about the same point that act3 was completed when it was the last act and then just tweak downward mob levels and XP rates in the earlier acts to keep everything in balance.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info