Country in (account and) social panel + maybe ladders?

How about a little flag icon next to the user's account in social panel?

I like to speak czech with friends that are from my country.
And mostly people do not compose their account names using native vocabulary (English speaking countries excluded).
And after having a list of 60 friends I'm not able to tell to whom I can speak czech and whom not.
So a little flag telling me from which country the person comes would help me a lot.
Also I can speak Polish and some of German and I like to address people from those countries in their language as well. And again its hard for me to remember from where all my 60 friends come.

This would require GGG to put a country field in the forum account properties and all forum members to update that. (there can be a default Path of Exile logo in social panel displayed for those that have not updated it yet or dont want to)
Last edited by Dushan on Dec 17, 2012, 7:12:49 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1 for sometime laterz

This would also serve as a reminder that the game is on an international setting and while most speak likely english, its likely to sometimes encounter letters you can´t read and there´s no reason to complain about that.

Depending on how many flags are availible, it would be nice to get a little hoverover window "czech" too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
I support this idea for the future. It would be awesome for New Zealanders to have a kiwi instead of our boring flag.
RIP Bolto
Also in ladder you can feel like representing your country:

I appologize to everyone mentioned in that edited ladder for not assigning correct countries to their accounts - it is just a scatch.

Challenge for readers of this post:
Can you name all the countries in the picture?
:)
Last edited by Dushan on Dec 17, 2012, 8:32:38 AM
I really like the idea!
Good idea! +1

I'm from Canada and none of my characters are in english :P.
IGN Suojata
Czech
USA
NZ
South Africa
Russia
South Korea
Poland
Israel
Spain
Canada
Finland
Germany
UK

Thank you cia.gov
No.

The Russian haters are annoying. I don't want to be white crow.
Some of my people (Ru) are really bad-mannered and bad-temperate folks.
And that's why almost in any game community there is a group of players that hate us 'cause of these kids. From bunch to really entire crowds. It was a pain playing HoN. I can ignore them but it hurts me like cat's claws. Small scratches healing way too long.

Separation by countries will make different groups form (not only haters). I predict overall falling of trust and love. People will more likely group and play with countrymates. And less with others. It seems good maybe, but not forward-looking decision.

Then there will be different servers, different ladders.. please, no.
Hateful post.
"
Kaskar wrote:
No.

And that's why almost in any game community there is a group of players that hate us 'cause of these kids. From bunch to really entire crowds. It was a pain playing HoN. I can ignore them but it hurts me like cat's claws. Small scratches healing way too long.

Separation by countries will make different groups form (not only haters). I predict overall falling of trust and love. People will more likely group and play with countrymates. And less with others. It seems good maybe, but not forward-looking decision.

Different servers and ladders?

I don't really see the problem, let the haters hate, you have no reason to talk to them if they hate you anyways - and i'm sure with the current community as long as your not a dick people could give a fuck where your from :), it's more like a "Oh cool, this guy's from russia!"
IGN Suojata
"
CNKalmah wrote:
"
Kaskar wrote:
No.

Different servers and ladders?

I don't really see the problem, let the haters hate, you have no reason to talk to them if they hate you anyways - and i'm sure with the current community as long as your not a dick people could give a fuck where your from :), it's more like a "Oh cool, this guy's from russia!"

Thanks! Hope so. I will maybe ok with flags up, but with not different servers and ladders (as said in OP-post).
Btw servers cost way too much as GGG said, so there will be none of special Eu/USA/whatever servers in near future.

Spoiler
To be honest, I'm a renegade because I don't like playing with countrymates in L4D2 and HoN at all, too much dickheads.. but

This community is great, by the way.
Hateful post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info