Open Beta Date Announced

"
vierklauw wrote:
i can see the future:

23 january 2013

guys we have to delay again the open beta another 100 years we need more money from the keys...

Nope more like,

"Guys we have to delay again, the Mayan Calendar apocalypse happened."
"
Chris wrote:
"
Quadricorn wrote:
Tornado hit Auckland today with three deaths. Hopefully this doesn't disrupt any plans or staff members holidaying up here.

We didn't die, but some of the devs got wet while fetching food in the storm.

Dev's eat? ;-)
Evil Sysadmin
Can't wait! Have not played for a little bit. Waiting for that final wipe, ya know? Didn't have any real advanced or hardcore characters/loot anyway. It will be hard to wait another month but it makes total sense. Thank you GGG for all your hard work and dedication! Come late January i might have to burn a couple of personal days in honor...
why am i not surprised? i stopped playing knowing that soon, in December it gets wiped and obt... instead another 1-2 months of delay..

Im starting to lose interest of this game.

u can bet there will be another "unexpected" delay.
Afterall selling beta keys makes more money then free obt.
"
vierklauw wrote:
guys we have to delay again the open beta another 100 years we need more money from the keys...

weak argument! they will get even more money, if we assume that the players base will be like 10 times (very pessimistic guess) after OB, and every other player will invest lets say 5 bucks (also very pessimistic, but may be close to possible in the general result)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Having worked with a jan 1 project launch date in the past, I have to say WISE DECISION. It really ruins everyone's life to have a project launch over xmas.
Woot.... This is going to be awesomeeee!!!!
Great news :)
Must say I'm really impressed with how the community responds to this. In the last 27 pages there has only been 2-3 negative comments, the rest is pure understanding and excitement. I'm really hope this can be transferred to OB in some magical way :)

And to GGG: Awesome work as usual :)

WIP: BM Dualist using bow.
I've put off playing more due to personal factors and the pending wipe, and the timing of this is actually pretty good for me since I should be able to play some come February, but it's more important GGG considered all the factors and made a decision good for everybody involved.

Just the fact there's a definite date is awesome; I know I'm going to want some more stash space and stuff this gives me time to set aside a few bucks.
"
dustofdeath wrote:
Afterall selling beta keys makes more money then free obt.

If it made more financial sense to sell the game as a download or charge for an account, they'd just do that, there's nothing stopping them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info