5000 Posts, 5000 Dollars: It is accomplished!

Kiwis are just so awesome :3
Playing since 0.9.2g
"
Raafje wrote:
Kiwis are just so awesome :3

once upon the time in rotten rua (nz) the maori guide to the "hells gate" site explained that they wanted to take the kiwi as their national rugby sign but they couldn't because they ate them in the past. lol
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
This community continues to surprise me.

Congratulations on 5000 posts Charan - considering their average length that's quite an achievement. You are doing an amazing job both as a moderator and as a community member.

P.S. They do accept European VISA debit cards as well, thought someone might find that useful because I was worried when I saw they don't seem accept paypal or similar things.
Last edited by vankeris on Dec 5, 2012, 10:44:13 AM
"
alaizon wrote:
Charan reads Umberto Eco. What do you expect.

I still haven't made it all the way through Name of the Rose, though. I blame the fact that the movie was actually pretty darn good, even if it stripped back 100+ pages of deliberately dense exploration of monastic architecture...actually, probably BECAUSE it did.

But I've read his other stuff. Queen Loana is really awesome, Foucault's Pendulum is obviously one of my favourite books, period. His earlier semiotic theory is brilliant but I get the feeling he had to slog through several books' worth of that technical stuff just to earn the right to make glib, one-line statements that become distilled, concentrated theoretical nuggets of genius.

Wasn't that hot on his latest one. I mean, I get the idea behind it but I fear he's actually getting a bit TOO into the conspiracy theory stuff and, well, Foucault's Pendulum was meant to be a stark warning against that. ;)

___

Keep 'em coming, folks. You haven't even come close to breaking me!
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
kiwi!
113 I THINK.

From this point on, please save me some time and let me know if this is your first post in this thread. ;)
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Aw...Charan....how awesome...Tons of posts, and alot of awesome, rolled into one...At least you enjoy it, right?
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
This is my first post in this thread. True story.
I'd been wondering what that mysterious number was in the bottom of your sig, Charan. And now, with my first post in this thread, I find out its Kiwis!
Last edited by Aklyon on Dec 5, 2012, 1:44:52 PM
First post. Nice work Charan.

Charan <--- Winner of Powerball lottery :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info