why is scion..

the only "problem" i have with Scion is... Why blue? I was hoping her color theme would be like white (since she was from noble background).

Apart from that, she is fine :)
I'm still astonished that they rolled this game out without pants. It's something so arbitrary to complain about, but NO PANTS?! What the hell is GGG thinking...

Come on. This is 2013...
"
VladiSSius wrote:
the only "problem" i have with Scion is... Why blue? I was hoping her color theme would be like white (since she was from noble background).

White is not a color traditionally associated with nobility. "Royal blue",however, is a thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_blue
A Belligerent Expert System
Last edited by Rogomatic on Oct 28, 2013, 10:56:58 AM
"
VladiSSius wrote:

blue and purple in the ancient times were made from excessively expensive and rare materials

like the ink of a specific sea creature or crushed precious minerals.

those colors became the symbol of royaly and power for a long time , long before red meant anything other than blood. And white is just impractical
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
AnaLoGMunKy wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Why is Scion... Knowledgeable about lore usually revealed by NPCs? Girl told me all about Fidelitas and why he got changed... Without anybody ever telling her. =0[.]o=

Because she is well taught and as her intro on the ship says, she excelled in all aspects. Which fits with her character being able to do anything.

She is by far my fave char along with the ranger... I would love to play them together, at the same time, with both hands.

Sorry, but that info came directly from Maligaro's journal, something to which the Scion had no access before killing Fidelitas. It's simply poor scripting. ='[.]'=

Not to someone who is clued up on their history. If she knows who Maligaro is and knows who Fidelitas is she might well know the relationship between them before we do. I dont see this as a huge stretch but I agree that it doesnt explain this.
I make music, you can listen and dl for free at https://analogmunky.bandcamp.com/music or https://soundcloud.com/analogmunky/tracks
it is also hinted that she is very much a part of wreaclast . Some of her lines makes it sound as if the world is talking to her .

the things she says about brutis and Fidelites are emotions , love and fear , perhaps she just felt those strong emotions in those creatures and made her own conclusion

either way i wish the other charatcer talked as much as she did , really rounds out the charatcer
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 28, 2013, 11:07:35 AM
The great pants conundrum of our time.
"
Futtbucker wrote:
the perfect class to not wear pants, is wearing pants while an ugly ass marauder gets to not wear pants?

Modern times, my friend, modern times.
Put on your red shoes and dance the blues.
I really like how the character's lines help round out the game world. And, there are several times where the Scion will speak of "hearing" things about the various enemies she defeats (recognizing that one was a little girl inside a monstrous body, Brutus' reasons for his change, etc). So, I suspect that she's more "finely-tuned" to the environments of Wraeclast and the inhabitants therein, and is able to divine information that others aren't (or maybe she's just psychic :) ).
why does she get so damn philosophical n sheeit?
'An open mind is like a Fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info