1.0.0d Patch Notes

"
Omnyth wrote:
"
"
SmilingCat wrote:

You're assuming they don't treat it at high priority, it didn't occur to you it could simply be harder to fix than the other bugs?

I know it's frustrating seeing so many people act like GGG isn't working on something as important as the dominus crash, but you have to remember most people have not one clue how software development works. They're just upset that they can't play the game they love and emotions get in the way of patience and logical thinking.

My actual job in the real world is programming. I'm aware of what needs to be done to fix the issue. It shouldn't take this long to fix a problem this gamebreaking. Unless the coders have something better to do... Like fix minor issues like having to recast auras when entering a zone... It was merely a statement of why they would even remotely work on these problems when it appears like an even larger and more gamebreaking error is present.

You know the only way I could get into Dominus? I had to take someone's portal. And that sometimes doesn't even work because your game could crash upon Dominus' death. Yes. This seems like a major priority lol.

Did you program this game? No? Then guess what, you have NO IDEA what needs to be done to fix the issue. Stop acting like you do.

Oh and see my post above this one.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Just wanted to say thank you, Chris!
Was their a patch that just happened. My game crashed on me and now its updating. So no idea if their is a new patch or not lol .
same thing for me.... wierd
After patch, I saw this - "Failed to initialize", WTF?
I'm still having an issue related to auras when changing areas.

Given my crappy gear and my having only one Reduced Mana gem at the time, I'm switching this gem between 2 sets of links to reduce the cost of Clarity and Hatred:

RM <-> Clarity
O <-> Hatred

then

O <-> Clarity
RM <-> Hatred

Changing areas makes it that the aura without the linked Reduced Mana gem is cast with full mana cost. Is it the intended behaviour?

If it is, sorry for the useless feedback, I may have missed the information somehow, I just don't recall being the case before :)
Given that it's a Mana Reservation, I would expect the RM benefit to only apply to one aura, yes. The fact that it works at all when you remove the gem from Clarity is probably the bug.
steam requires more than 2gigabytes of free space to update this patch.... FFS I shouldn't need 4gigabytes of free space to update a 10mb patch to a 4gb game...

please fix.
"
Chris wrote:
Version 1.0.0d
  • Fixed a bug where auras would need to be recast when changing areas to gain the bonuses of passive skills that affect them.
  • Killing a Berserker Nemesis monster now completes the challenge item correctly.
  • Fixed some passive skill tree connectivity near the Falcon Claws group.
  • Fixed a bug where monster deaths from Puncture were not awarded as kills correctly.
  • Fixed a bug where the "Achievement Complete" text would sometimes persist in a faded state.
  • Fixed a bug where Rejuvenation Totem didn't benefit from passive skills that improved its effect.
  • Monster packs around shrines are now not spawned if they are too close to an area entrance or waypoint.
  • Fixed a crash related to Raise Spectre.

One hundred and sixty five MEGABYTES for a few bug fixes?

All of my what.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
"
Archwizard wrote:
Did you program this game? No? Then guess what, you have NO IDEA what needs to be done to fix the issue. Stop acting like you do.

Oh and see my post above this one.

Rudeness and ignorance have created in you a kind of alchemy, my friend.

In fact, there is quite a lot a programmer can know about a binary without having written it. Even ignoring the availability of debugger, most games are written using the same or similar sets of tools, and it becomes easy to understand common problems when you know what to look for.

If you're going to say crazy things, the least you could do is make yourself look ridiculous politely.
Last edited by Crocodarrel on Oct 29, 2013, 4:13:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info