1.0.0 Release Patch Notes

"
mvm199 wrote:

- Cant 2 or 3 link 4 socket items.

Well done on reading the thread :/
"
Posted by mvm199:

Summary of patch, for anyone who doesnt wanna skim through all the painful wall of text

- Auras now reserve 60% mana each. Yes. Fucking lol, I know. Hahahaha nice one GGG, good trolling ... owait, you arent trolling!

- Purity now gives even less max res. As if EE node nerf wasnt enough, now they nerf purity. Because fuck you and you can rot in -max res maps for all we care, hahaha.

- Cant 2 or 3 link 4 socket items.

- Dual wield finally nerfed into oblivion. The 40% reduced penalty to dual wield cleave is now *less* damage. As if the pathetic 15% block chance and 10% ias with dual wielding wasnt a kick in the gut enough, they nerf the only skill that really promotes dual wield. Oh yeah, theres dual strike too. Oh the variety.

- Unique items that were OP are now nerfed, but legacy items STILL exist making hc / sc leagues rubbish dumpsters full of dupers and RMT trash kiddies like in D2 NL
- The 'best' unique items can now only drop in the highest level maps. Which you will still never get to if you play solo and honest because the drop rates havent changed at all.

- Facebreaker nerfed, cuz fuck you and fuck your build diversity.

- 2 handers buffed ... exciting change, except kaoms is now nerfed, unless you wanna play TRASHCAN league and fork out a 1000 exalt (or 800 dollars or so in real money) for one, and armor still sucks and there is no mention of changes to spike damage. Cant block with 2 handers either, unless staff, but then you cant use most interesting 2hander-inviting melee skills. And you cant really max block with staves either.

- Life per level increased, and some life nodes 'buffed', but if i understood correctly the actual overall number of life nodes in the tree has been reduced. So once again, this is like the june patch where life was nerfed and monster dmg nerfed too and it was supposed to be an overall buff, but it turned out to be a massive squishy survivability nerf. TL;DR WE STILL DONT CARE ABOUT LIFE BUILDS.

- Armor and spike damage? Oh yeah we didnt care about those, sorry maybe in 2014 when no one will be playing this stinkpile anymore!!!

- Tree messed up, path of scion all the way.

Most important points of summary

- We dont care about solo play
- We dont care about the map drop rates, and to piss you off even more, the best items now only drop in the high end maps you can only get to if you rmt or play the game 24/7 until you die in front of your pc
- We devs dont really play our own game and have not a fucking clue of what we are doing
- We enjoyed scamming you out of your supporter pack money, nom nom nom
- We will take the liberty to rename POE to POS now, cuz thats all this game is

You had it, and you ruined it. RIP GGG

HAHAHAHA nerdrage without any clue. where is your supported pack?
ign : ruffa_dualstorm
Last edited by ruFFa on Oct 22, 2013, 5:17:19 PM
"
Wittgenstein wrote:

You speak as if people are going to be playing in standard..

See now it's this attitude that's going to keep people from picking up this game and playing and supporting. It's been proven just as many play standard as anything, in this thread even.

This elitest attitude will cost GGG money that could have been put towards further development. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I were a new player just coming in or only been in for a few days after reading the notes and all of these comments about standard I'd pack it up and say See ya boys. Have fun starting over every 4 months because the standard league is..well it's nothing.

Because I can guarantee you that there are just as many if not many MORE people out there that do NOT want to play on the temp leagues. But if they want an environment where the focus and importance of the developers is aimed then that's all there is.

I was on the fence as to where I would play on release but it's clear now. Nemesis or Domination..most likely Nemesis because if I'm going to play something temporary might as well be extreme.

I came back to the game after throwing the $10.00 down back last July..2012. Played a very brief time and stopped but vowed to come back after some development time. So June I think or May I came back tried it out threw a bit more money at them. And continued to support by buying more packs...not upgrading. And the last was exalted yesterday. Now I sincerely question my decision. I don't like the fact that the approach was taken to nerf the living fuck out of most things...no i've not seen the tree..but who's fault is that... Alpha boys don't come running your flaps with... oh how uniformed are ye..blah blah.

Fact of the matter is I have a bad taste in my mouth right now....given all the fluff we've been fed about not nerfing, making a game we would want to play, game made by gamers...etc.

I can guarantee you this...if the roles were flipped I know some people that would be concerned right now too.
Complain more and more if you want, but i find this release a epic one.

Thanks for making Marauder's with 2H weapons better and the Scion. Sounds very interesting.

¡Can't wait 20 hours for playing!
Last edited by Sewkrel on Oct 22, 2013, 5:21:40 PM
"
ruFFa wrote:
"
Posted by mvm199:

Summary of patch...

HAHAHAHA nerdrage without any clue

Priceless comment and quote, the community thank you for your insight !
I'm so excited to play once the game releases!
This thread reminds me why I don't normally read the forums.

Patch notes look excellent! Can't wait!
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
You speak as if people are going to be playing in standard.

There is a video interview with cris saying theres 50%-50% player base divide between permanent and temporary league.

"
Biroso wrote:
and 2 or 3 other flat auras with BM

There is only one flat aura - clarity, all the rest are 60% reserved. Read that wall of text on the first post on page one in this thread.

"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Don't mind the whiners GGG, I think ALL of your changes are well thought out and intuitive, and for the greater overall balance of the game we've all come to love!

"
Hope you guys at GGG dont bother all those people who are annyoing about unique nerfs. You're doing things that will make game balanced in the end.

Well, both of you are hard thinkers, arent you little geniuses?
I mean we have some overpowered unbalanced unique items. We decide to nerf (balance/correct) them. But we let those unbalanced/overpowered in the game too!
Talking about "greater overall balance of the game" and "will make game balanced in the end".

"
BlindSinner wrote:
...you would have never obtained these items, even if they were still obtainable.

And another genius right here^:
I like the logic on this guy ... so they are obtainable but you can never obtain them.
I swear sometimes a petition against stupidy is badly needed ...
Can't wait do the PATCH!
"- Life per level increased, and some life nodes 'buffed', but if i understood correctly the actual overall number of life nodes in the tree has been reduced. So once again, this is like the june patch where life was nerfed and monster dmg nerfed too and it was supposed to be an overall buff, but it turned out to be a massive squishy survivability nerf. TL;DR WE STILL DONT CARE ABOUT LIFE BUILDS."

You forgot this part :
Several life passives have been removed from the tree OR INTEGRATED INTO NEARBY NODES.

Please stop whining before you even saw anything. I bet the new passive tree will be amazing!
Last edited by Foxmulder89 on Oct 22, 2013, 5:30:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info