1.0.0 Balance Changes

Balance change in magic find mechanic look awesome! I can't wait for release date! :)
"
Baronfuming wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
It's approximately 233% easier to obtain four linked sockets.
It's approximately 25% easier to obtain five linked sockets.

By obtain, does that mean find/get as rewards, craft with fusings, or both? I am wondering if I should attempt to 5-link an item now (or soon thereafter) or instead wait until the release changes. I would rather not waste fusings if it will be easier in a few days.

i believe he said it's all chance to get it.
"
k0do wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
k0do wrote:
Is it just the % auras, or the flat ones too?

because if the flat auras are increased in mana cost too, thats a pretty big blow to the blood magic keystone :/

Most of the flat cost auras are changing to being percent based for cost as well.

so blood magic node builds are basically not able to run auras? :/

This sucks bad! Won't even be able to use 1 aura what's the sense in that if your bm ggg???!!!
don't nerf mf please. i don't want my mf sporker to be useless :(

i want to be able to build a magic finder like i can now. not like diablo 3 where magic find is pointless. that's just boring.

Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 19, 2013, 10:58:05 AM
what about a bandit rewards respec?

Will be possible one day?
IGN:freewayadolf/freewaycrystal/freewayfecciaimmonda

"

You don't have to be sorry ;-)

Of course party will always be ahead of solo. That is basically what I have stated at the end of my previous post as well. I can accept and life with that. But today the gap between solo and party is already huge. This change will increase the gap further and not by a small amount. GGG stated several times here in the forums that they would like the viability of solo play to be as close to group play as possible. The aura change is doing the opposite.

I don't agree with you there are reasons not to play in a party. Technical ones like Ice Shot or Summoner builds that destroy frame rates of other party players, social ones e.g. peoples that just don't want to play with total strangers, people that like to enjoy the game at there own pace or even sanitary ones like people getting headaches form the effect blitzkrieg that is going on in party play... I'm sure there more and they are all valid.

Do you actually prefer GGG's current solution to increase build diversity over a bigger pool of auras to choose from?

I keep seeing posts about a "Gap" between both styles of play. Are we talking competitive wise? Leveling speed, clear speed?

Solo is easily as viable as grouping, it just takes longer to do the same things. That will always be the case.

Those people that don't want to group, or can't, will have to accept that things will move at a slower pace. You're argument should be that grouping needs a proper downside. We had that with loot tension, but that went to the wayside, and now we have this.

Yup, I do agree. I only want more auras that are well implemented. I would rather they did not rush things. Min/Max'ers will still only choose the best auras, so more badly implemented ones will not accomplish the effect you want.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
"It's approximately 233% easier to obtain four linked sockets.
It's approximately 25% easier to obtain five linked sockets."

Its not hard to get 4L, the real problem is to get 5L and 6L which as I can see its not addressed in the patch (25% increase chance for 5L is negligible and 6L isnt even changed)

So.. when can we get the Small-change/Big-rage Bear as a forum avatar?
"
Jackel6672 wrote:

"

You don't have to be sorry ;-)

Of course party will always be ahead of solo. That is basically what I have stated at the end of my previous post as well. I can accept and life with that. But today the gap between solo and party is already huge. This change will increase the gap further and not by a small amount. GGG stated several times here in the forums that they would like the viability of solo play to be as close to group play as possible. The aura change is doing the opposite.

I don't agree with you there are reasons not to play in a party. Technical ones like Ice Shot or Summoner builds that destroy frame rates of other party players, social ones e.g. peoples that just don't want to play with total strangers, people that like to enjoy the game at there own pace or even sanitary ones like people getting headaches form the effect blitzkrieg that is going on in party play... I'm sure there more and they are all valid.

Do you actually prefer GGG's current solution to increase build diversity over a bigger pool of auras to choose from?

I keep seeing posts about a "Gap" between both styles of play. Are we talking competitive wise? Leveling speed, clear speed?

Solo is easily as viable as grouping, it just takes longer to do the same things. That will always be the case.

Those people that don't want to group, or can't, will have to accept that things will move at a slower pace. You're argument should be that grouping needs a proper downside. We had that with loot tension, but that went to the wayside, and now we have this.

Yup, I do agree. I only want more auras that are well implemented. I would rather they did not rush things. Min/Max'ers will still only choose the best auras, so more badly implemented ones will not accomplish the effect you want.

From the view of a build that's never invited to parties, let me give you a new perspective on this:

Groups have an exp, drop rate, and clear speed increase. Clear speed is simply a product of partying and can vary depending on whoever you're partying with. Depending on builds and composition, sometimes a solo player can clear as fast as a party. Sometimes, the clear speed is so fast that a marginal difference is negligible.

However, the exp and drop rate increase is already attractive enough to party. Given that clear speed is merely a product of farming and groups naturally rake in more exp and drops, now you're clearing faster which results in even more exp and drop rate.

To put this into mathematics:

A solo player has a 1x multiplier to exp and drops. They also clear a given map in 120 seconds.

A full party has, let's just say, a 2x multiplier to exp and drops. They also clear a given map in 90 seconds.

Even if the solo player and full party cleared in the same time, it's still a net gain in exp and drops, which are both extremely important (at least until gems hit lvl 20). So, really, there's no reason not to party if you're able to party. As a summoner, this simply fucking sucks.

In fact, what sucks even more is the change to auras. As an Auramancer, auras make minions better. Minions start out horrible and end up decent, especially in areas like Docks if you're not running Purity or not using Elemental Resists on your minions. However, now that every aura is being changed to percentage based, that means summoners who fully invest into minions have to pick and choose even more.

Running 5 Lvl 20 auras was hard enough, even with EB and 300+ mana cost Zombies. Now that you'll be restricted to even less, it might be even worse. Although that all depends on how strong these auras are buffed by.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
All my Aurawitch needs now is a keystone that reduces the effects of auras on you by 50% and increases the range of your auras by 100%.

Would make her way more fun to play.
(:
Last edited by zakar on Oct 20, 2013, 12:22:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info