Crash: "runtime error"

Hey.

Just got kicked from the game. I was entering dark forest and with the loading screen on, the game stopped. In the background i found a messagebox saying i ran out of memory :O

Have plenty of memory, both me and the computer im using..
Hope you can see what happened.

Edit:
Two new errors that terminated the game, runtime error (picture below), bad allocation error, and out of memory error.
These errors are all new, have never had an error before with PoE.

Last edited by caminante on Oct 16, 2012, 9:25:04 AM
This is a problem that can occur most commonly with Windows32bit systems, as the game can only be allocated 2gb of memory. The game doesn't yet clear active memory, so until we improve this, the best solution is to either turn texture quality down, or restart the game at regular intervals.

Note that it happens most frequently when changing between acts.
Balance & Design
Aah, had a feeling that was the problem.

So you are thinking about improving the game regarding this ?

Was thinking about upgrading to 64bit windows, but was not sure how this game works with that.

It is definitely something we want to improve, but you shouldn't have this problem at all on a Win64bit system, as that allows up to 4gb of memory to be used by the game at once.
Balance & Design
That is interesting then. I am running a 64 bit and still get this error from time to time. Perhaps I have a RAM stick out and didnt even know it...huh!
Hi, I'm getting this error on game start...that is..the game doesn't start before i get this message.

The error first reads:

Art/2Dart/SkillIcons/passives/MasterygroupCast.png: In source file: Resource\TextureResource.cpp at line 112
Error:D2DXER_INVALIDDATA
Description: Invalid Data

This error is followed by a runtime error as shown above.
What graphics card are you using? this error can occur if you have out of date drivers or a graphics card that cannot run the game.
i got this problem :

"Art/textures/Environment/Act3/musa_Basjoocs.mat":Error:File does not exist:
Art/Textures/Environment/act3/musa_basjoo_colour.dds

Then the Runtime error.

I can't enter to the forest, act 2 :(
I'm having this same bug too
Any advances in this topic Mods? Just to let us know :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info