"release" 1.0 and no unique 3d arts?

.. okay, so its not a huge issue, but for real:

they are going to call this a "finished 1.0" game without all the 3d artworks???

and whats worse, they did that character dress competition without the 3d arts(although it was just a mtx competition)... stupid...
They probably have a single person working on that,do you have any idea how much time a single piece of equipment takes to make?GGG is not Rockstar to have 1000 people work on a game,they have a small team.
worked for diablo 3.

Cindercoat

"One could withstand the fires of Hell itself wearing armor such as this"

and heres someone wearing a cindercoat

it might be a cindercoat or it might be a climbing harness, not sure. I got a feeling the fires of hell are going to smart a little in it either way.

tyrael's might, angel plate of the heavens

here it is in action

oh sry thats a woman wearing a bra, one sec here it is

wait, hes wearing a bra too? Whats going on?

Atleast Soul Taker will have it's art implemented:

Kuolema kuittaa univelat
"
Acanthoid wrote:

off topic: you can see why people criticise PoEs graphics comparing the shots here. The hard shadows, the gritty realism, the blood and terror, unique 3d art, the crisp bump mapping, the high res textures etc. It just doesnt compare to cartoon matey up there.

Look at him, hes got chest armours for shoulder pads, a plate steel sports bra, hes like a cross between an american footballer and a space marine. How can that not be the best thing ever? I dont want to look like some battle hardened horror fantasy knight, I want to look like a bondage power ranger at an anime convention.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Acanthoid wrote:

off topic: you can see why people criticise PoEs graphics comparing the shots here. The hard shadows, the gritty realism, the blood and terror, unique 3d art, the crisp bump mapping, the high res textures etc. It just doesnt compare to cartoon matey up there.

Look at him, hes got chest armours for shoulder pads, a plate steel sports bra, hes like a cross between an american footballer and a space marine. How can that not be the best thing ever? I dont want to look like some battle hardened horror fantasy knight, I want to look like a bondage power ranger at an anime convention.

And these pll dare to blame PoE for not having pants!

Ty u, sir, for your post.
Put on your red shoes and dance the blues.
i would like to see 3d art for kaoms heart :)
GMT+1 - You can speak German with me
"
This is something that simply wasn't essential for Release, and quite honestly, when you're as tight with resources as GGG, sticking to 'what's essential' where possible is something between a guideline and scripture.

They can implement the pretties in incremental patches. There's nothing they've announced so far that they'd want to keep for such. These are big changes they've packed into Release, wisely relegating things like 3D models for all items to future patches.

Come on guys. Indie game. Have you really forgotten that?

Agreed, comparing a Indie F2P game with a Blizzard game is quite ridiculous.

I for one love the gritty look of PoE.
I couldn't be more happy with the content of the release and I wouldn't give up any of the incoming features for more unique 3d art. It is just not that important.
I for one, couldn't care less about graphics in an ARPG, RPG or Roguelike.

graphics are for games that are based on graphics.
translation: have shallow gameplay value, and compensate with eye-candy.

Path Of Exile has far more serious problems than some plate missing 3d art.
and (mis)reading some of Chris' replies on Raptr, makes me lose any hope I had left for them to be fixed or even dealt-with.

it is a great game, developed by a great company, but it can be even better.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info