[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

That's the new tree guys :

I'm still testing it so there might be some chages ... but nothing huge

The changes:
FIrst of all i've switched the blood magic gem and now i use only mana to cast the flicker strike. I've put weapon elemental gem instead of the blood magic gem. The mana cost of the flicker strike is 109 and the unreserved mana is 309 . That + 3 nodes(5 mana per kill-just in case) seems to be enough(and 1% mana leech from gear ofcourse)

Damage:
The damage now is 32900(from 29606) with 6 frenzy charges

Life:
4845(it was 3666 before) and the life regen with also went up abit

Auras:
Well now the auras are expensive and i use mana to cast... so now i'm running only Hatred... The armour value of the build is not high so losing Determination is not a big deal, and with the nerf of the Purity i just don't need it anymore(the all resists that it grants is nothing you can't compensate with items and passive nodes)

Trigger on taking damage:
Well i'm testing EC with molten shell and it prooves useful so far ... escpecily vs enemies that always hit you(flicker strike; arc; cold snap)
I want to try and add cold snap or/and ice nova for chill/freeze
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 23, 2013, 5:33:32 PM
Ok i've tested some maps with reflect and i must say with 100% certainty that this build has no problems with reflect. No problems at all!
And an interesting fact - reflected damage triggers cast when damage taken

Another thing if you want to be more tanky you could swap Weapon elemental damage gem with Life gain on hit. So far i don't see the need for that but i can't be sure.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I just respecced my blender to this flicker build with just some minor adjustments since i use sword.
Currently using a BoR but i like it already :).
In the next few days im gonna optimize it, tested with only wrath aura on mana but planning on using 2 aura,s on mana and then blood magic flicker strike
Korgoth, what you think about this?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wJxBLMFLQ9UE0wUIBRNF-Ea2xvIG_oj9iXfJvgn7TBPMHc1kjboPC1DMURyR35KfUrITP9OKk4yUEdW-livWfNZ_loaWkhbr14TYEtkUmVNZadnoGqTbmluqm7Ycql07XgNeu982Xz1gziExITZhO-HKYd2iPGKIop0lZuZK6IApBmnMKloqW6rxaxZrKqvbLXytkG3Pr2Bvea-ir6nwA_ApsDzwaPE9sWKxq7KkNBH0k3V7d0N4mHnY-4O73zv8PAf8933vvlj_MX-Cg==

Bit less hp (more 2% life leech more), more dmg (axe nodes). From what I understand this build works if it can kill quickly.
I also tried 2hand flicker now and it's quite funny.

I'm running 2 auras on mana und use a blood magic gem for all active skills, works good so far.
@kwagam
the tree looks good to me. I just want to make a small suggestion - try to take Path of the warrior node - phys dmg ; max life; str... it's just perfect :D
And yes it works if it kills quickly... if you don't have a good weapon compensating with more damage nodes is a good idea

About the auras and blood magic - i just don't see an aura except hatred that is worth the mana reservation cost -> which leads to blood magic gem -> which leeds to less DPS(or no LGoH if you choose this support for the 6th link) ofcourse it's up to you and that's just my opinion :)
Now 2 auras(Anger + Wrath) would be great with elemental based weapon(lets say sword) combined with shield (lioneye) and weapon elemental damage nodes.... i really want to try a such a build but i don't have a good elemental weapon.
Nice guide. +Rep
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
Well done man, nicely crafted build and thorough explanation! I'm going to try this sooner or later.

There was just one thing i'd like to point out - The talent progression sequences has completely bugged, it's impossible see jack shit on most of them. You might want to look into that.

May the God's of epic loot smile upon thee.
Thanks. :)
As for the tree i'm still testing so it's not updated. I hope I'll update everything(not just the tree) today.

P.S. The passive skill tree secction is patched.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 25, 2013, 2:42:31 AM
Ok guys so the build is patched to 1.0.0
Thanks for the support! I hope you enjoy this build!
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 25, 2013, 3:50:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info