Difficulty Level Naming

Yeah the final difficulty should probably just be called "The Path of Exile" :P
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Jepp, simple and easy
Not that much translation work.
And connected to "THIS is the real game"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
If you do create a 4th difficulty setting that is called "The Path of Exile" then it needs to be ridiculously hard. So hard that 99.9% of players will want to give up in the first act.
^^
sounds cool eh?
well, not really..

btw this thread should be about diff lvl naming not diff lvl difficulty :>
"
zeto wrote:
Yeah the final difficulty should probably just be called "The Path of Exile" :P

"
Lachdanan wrote:
Jepp, simple and easy
Not that much translation work.
And connected to "THIS is the real game"

I think if they did name it something like that, they'd run the risk of alienating some players who don't play at that difficulty level often. Whether because they feel it's too difficult, they spend a lot of time making new characters and never level them that high, or perhaps they're just not good enough to make it that far.

I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
I would say that the hardest difficulty should also contain pieces of the POE storyline that the other acts might not contain... it would drive the story forward for people who have finished that expansion and are ready for the next one.

The difference in difficulty from tier 3 to 4 doesn't have to be huge though... passing through 3 just proves you can, and could (and should) offer a unique experience at the next tier.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
---
i also think the final dfficulty should be the 'path of exile' .

hatred .

hatred is the desire of absolute obliteration , 'undo creation' . hatred is the antithesis of the divine , creation , or existence .

hatred is all consuming , it will destroy its own once no others remain ...

those who have been in the darkness know , the abyss is hatred given form .
Hmm, i kinda like that idea. It gives it a really unique thing like this is the path of exile. A road not taken by many and eve fewer survive. Kinda cool in my opinion.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
I think laying out my ideas in this kinda format lets people see what fits and what doesnt.
Im just gonna post the ones I think kinda fit

Hard, Cruel, Ruthless, Exile
Hard, Cruel, Ruthless, Sadistic
Hard, Cruel, Ruthless, Brutal
Hard, Cruel, Ruthless, Damned

I honestly cant see anything else fitting into the feel of the names Hard, Cruel and Ruthless.
Because of the fact that english isn't my mother language i'm really bad at something like that! And i doubt it will help anybody when i put out my dictionnary and write down every word i find :)

But instead of trying to create new words i read all the suggestions and i have to say that my favorite is:

Hard, Cruel, Ruthless, Exile or Path of Exile

If the fourth isn't the last difficulty level then i cheer for
Hard, Cruel, Ruthless, Sadistic and then Exile or Path of Exile :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info