HyunaBubblePop's Yet Another Dodge-Block build. Just Beefier! (PVP)

What's good in this build compared to other dodge-block builds?:

The build prioritizes damage avoidance and mitigate the effects that will try to penetrate our defenses.

BLOCKING (Attack & Spell) :
Spoiler
High Block Recovery and Chill Avoidance (chilling slows block animation). Having both makes sure that our blocking ability is always at its best.

Evasion:
Spoiler
Resolute Technique (RT) will absolutely penetrate evasion plus the entropy system that handles the evasion mechanics simply makes me not prioritize this stat, but surprisingly the build ended up with decent amount of evasion.

With a Blind support or Grace Aura, opponents without RT will have some trouble landing a hit on this build.

Dodge (Attack & Spell):
Spoiler
I don't know any skills that could lower dodge chances :)

Armour:
Spoiler
This build suffer from a 50% Total Armor Reduction from Acrobatics. To mitigate that I purposely took lots of Health passives and resists.

A strong hit is already deadly what more if it's critical, this build took the 30% Reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strike passives to mitigate such deadly blows.

NEW!! Experimental Build. My character's build.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B5wW1BjkILgx9DPcQfxHbFE0VGhkuGY4ZtBoyGlUa2xvIHRQn7SjFLOkwcTEBMtE1gDboOkI8LT3iPs9DMUVHRtdLeEw1T31RR1FgVElXDVivWz1dxl4TXz9gbWEhZKNmnmdnZ71qHmqTb4Rwu3Ttd2J9dYBWgziE742_j0abjZuhnYCezZ8noLSiAKcIpzCoGKmVrK-vbK-ntQS2QbfTuJO53b3mwA_CgMOGxPbFisaexqLK09DQ0iHTftQj1e3Xy9lh3ajd8-dS55Hp1e2D7g7vDu968B_yL_MG877z3faj9tr5Y_rS-4H7qv66

Details:
Spoiler

+30% Chance to Dodge Attacks
+20% Chance to Dodge Spells
+74% Increased Evasion Rating
+43% Additional Chance to Block
+145% Block Recovery
+12% of Block Chance Applied to Spells
+30% Reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
+60% to All Elemental Resistances
+30% to Fire Resistance
+2% to Maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to Maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to Maximum Lightning Resistance
+72 to Maximum Life
+52% Increased Maximum Life
+2.5% Life Regenerated per second
+30% Chance to Avoid Being Stunned
Ignore All Movement Pentalties from Armor
+21% Increased effect of Buffs on you
+10% Reduced Mana Reservation
+7% Reduced Mana cost of skills
+8% Increased Maximum Mana
+20% Mana Regeneration Rate
+6% Increase Cast Speed
+10% Chance to Shock
+20% Increased Shock Duration
+55% Chance to Avoid being shocked
+55% Chance to Avoid being chilled
+15% Chance to Avoid being Ignited

-50% to Total Armour
-50% to Total Energy Shield

Details coming soon: (I'm a lazy guy! XD)

Core Item(s):

block block block!
dodge dodge dodge!
evade evade evade!

Cybil's paw claw - synergizes well with incinerate, spell damage, and Life gained for each enemy hit by your Spells

Alpha's howl helm - all my aura gems here
the anvil amulet - used to max blocking
rathpith globe shield - used to max blocking and adds additional spell block and spell dmg.
sin trek boots - evasion and the "Enemies Cannot Leech Life From You" mod useful for pvp.
dream fragments ring - provide freeze immunity
doedre's damning ring - additional curse.
???? armor - anything that gives hefty resists should do.

all defensive auras active
incinerate everything.

SKILL CHOICES:

Option #1
Spoiler
Added Lightning Damage -> Iron Will -> Faster Casting -> Mana Leech -> Blind -> Incinerate (Static Blows Passive)

Defensive play: Cast Enfeeble and Temporal chains curse
Offensive play: Cast Conductivity and Critical Weakness curse
Balanced play: Cast Enfeeble and Conductivity curse

Auras: Grace, Purity, Discipline, Vitality, Determination
Buffs: Tempest Shield, Molten Shell

****** BONUS BUILDS ******

101 Base Skill Point ver. (Only the most important nodes taken)
Note: This skill build is used as base pattern for specific builds below.

Last edited by rayshi on Sep 19, 2013, 8:41:09 AM
HF getting to 100 !

See you in 3 years!
zzZzzzZzzZz
Updated skill builds.
Last edited by rayshi on Sep 17, 2013, 1:11:49 AM
revamped thread.
added my current build (experimental)

Last edited by rayshi on Sep 18, 2013, 9:22:26 PM
O.o

Is this for real? Or just trolling?
"
IANVS wrote:
O.o

It's real @_@
"
rayshi wrote:
"
IANVS wrote:
O.o

It's real @_@

Oh, God...in that case...
Your build is a...mess. To put it bluntly. I don't know where to begin...

1. You made a 120 point build. As the guy said, it would take you a year to reach that point...plan your builds with 80-100 points in mind, if you will dedicate yourself to it. If you reach more than that, it's fine. But be realistic.

2. I plugged your build into PoE Skill Tree Planner (standalone tool, not the one on the site) and it showed a total of +52% life, +112% evasion (we'll ignore armor because not only you have, like, +32% from the tree and keystone that reduces it by 50%), and 0 additional endurance charges. Tell me, how you plan to survive? Because, all those status avoidance nodes will not save you. Not with so little life/evasion/armor. Trust me.

3. There seems to be lots of weird stuff going on in your tree...I can understand no damage nodes on block/Incinerate build, but you're going out of your way, all across the tree, to get every block node you can get your hands on (overkill - most block builds hover from 20-30% additional block), status avoidance nodes (not bad to have but there are so many things that are more important, like life/evasion, for example?), and resist nodes (again, nice to have, but you get majority of your resists from gear, not the tree...you grab an occasional all res. node here and there, if it has other benefits too and it's along the way). Not only you made a full 120 point build (unrealistic), but you did not put them to good use...

Don't get me wrong...I understand that PoE's skill jungle is intimidating, and you wanted to make something different, as you stated, but there is a reason block builds (and any other) are done the way they are. I suggest you look for some of them in the class forums (you have praised Aux's Ranger block build, for example, and many others elsewhere). Try to see the synergy between nodes taken, to understand the logic behind them...because, if you keep posting this build all over forums, people will think you're either crazy or troll. Please, don't see this as bashing you, I have good intentions.

Hell...for all I know, it may just work, what do I know...if you can, make some videos of it in action, submit some proof it's viable...because, the way it's done I doubt you'll even finish the game on Merciless, let alone survive duels with it. Prove me wrong...I have no problem admitting that I am wrong, and if I am, this would be one of the most hilarious viable builds in PoE. Good luck, man.
Last edited by IANVS on Sep 19, 2013, 1:58:36 PM
Thanks. I am ending my ranger's journey today @ Lv54.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info